• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Baby it's cold outside

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
It's working fine now. Just needed a little electronic reset I think.
When you decide to replace keep the tankless in mind.
Just took the mutt out for a break zero degrees and a minus ten wind chill, later it's predicted to be -19 or so.
Definitely chilling.

TBLee

Governor
Yikes. Stay safe, and do your best to keep warm! Looks like we are getting 6 inches of snow overnight, with freezing rain and sleet during the day tomorrow. No big deal for us. Looking like a more major storm rolling in at the end of the week. I hate winter.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
When you decide to replace keep the tankless in mind.
Just took the mutt out for a break zero degrees and a minus ten wind chill, later it's predicted to be -19 or so.
Definitely chilling.
Tankless is only way to go to save money, cost more on get-go but saves BIG bucks

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
29°F here right now just after noon. Supposed to drop back into the teens tonight.
Weird......37* now and will be 41* at daybreak and your Texas storm is here with Thunder and raining cats & dogs

Be safe

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Here in Missouri we've had almost a week of real cold weather, it hasn't been over the mid twenty for a daytime high and low greens at night. That mixed with a light precipitation has created horrible icy conditions.
Sure glad I'm retired and can just hunker down and wait till it clears.
The bad thing is there's more coming and it's going down into the single digits at night.

If you're in the path of this stay safe, it's a killer.
-14 this AM 0700 damn!

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
A brisk 41* at 8am here............high in low 50's
last time I saw -14 was couple years back while in Minnesota in Feb
Put another log on the fire
We got hit with a rolling blackout right after I posted, glad I have a gas stove, was still able to do coffee and breakfast. I'm not a fan of all electric homes exactly for this reason.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
The weather channel guys do fun stuff while reporting on this cold weather. Throw a cup of boiling water into the air. It immediately turns into a cloud.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
It's 36° here now and the rain stopped earlier this afternoon. Supposed to get down to 32° for 2-3 hours in the morning and we're done with the Arctic blast. Power just came back on. It was out 13.5 hours this time. 29 hours the first time. I have a busted pipe in the attic so our water is shut off at the meter. It's in a part of the attic over an exterior wall in the garage so it didn't do much damage. We have plenty of food,drinking water and have some tap water for sparingly flushing toilets.I have a good generator for when the power is out and plenty of gas.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
It's 36° here now and the rain stopped earlier this afternoon. Supposed to get down to 32° for 2-3 hours in the morning and we're done with the Arctic blast. Power just came back on. It was out 13.5 hours this time. 29 hours the first time. I have a busted pipe in the attic so our water is shut off at the meter. It's in a part of the attic over an exterior wall in the garage so it didn't do much damage. We have plenty of food,drinking water and have some tap water for sparingly flushing toilets.I have a good generator for when the power is out and plenty of gas.
Stay safe. Looking at the Houston media it looks terrible down there. Hope it is over soon.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Your storm moved in here after midnight and thankfully we haven't gotten what weather people predicted (1/2" of ice) just a rainy mix and very little ice on trees so maybe we dodged the 1st bullet, we'll wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Good luck

PNWest

Your storm moved in here after midnight and thankfully we haven't gotten what weather people predicted (1/2" of ice) just a rainy mix and very little ice on trees so maybe we dodged the 1st bullet, we'll wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Good luck
good luck to you too @Dawg.

We has about a foot or so of snow here last Thu, Fri and Sat but spread out over 3 days it was no problem for me and the snow blower. Ben a fairly easy winter so far in Central Oregon.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
good luck to you too @Dawg.

We has about a foot or so of snow here last Thu, Fri and Sat but spread out over 3 days it was no problem for me and the snow blower. Ben a fairly easy winter so far in Central Oregon.
thx

Snow I can handle, ice I don't enjoy and trees are starting to get icy presently, waiting for it to get above freezing soon.

Winter about normal here and March can be our Lion........

PNWest

thx

Snow I can handle, ice I don't enjoy and trees are starting to get icy presently, waiting for it to get above freezing soon.

Winter about normal here and March can be our Lion........

Ice storms are badddddd..... We had a real bad one when we lived in Houston that just destroyed a third of the small trees.

Haven't seen one up here yet although between the time our offer was accepted on the house up here and the time we moved in they had one that busted up a lot of pine trees. That was in late 2011.

We can get 3 feet of snow (not fun but not bad to deal with), heavy winds (50plus MPH) sometimes - usually not a big deal but you need to make sure you take down sickly trees as a preventative and smoke from wildfires in the summer that can be bad. I suspect t hat every place has something.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member

Good luck
looks like we're going to warm up this weekend, be glad to see all the snow and ice melt off

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Forecast revised. Low of 28 degrees tonight. Power still on but water is out. That is all.