• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Bad treatment of the hostages

Boltlady

Mayor
There's no question that it's a sorry situation for all of the people being held. One of the things that has been said over and over is the fact that they haven't had much to eat or water to drink. If the Israeli's had their way they wouldn't have any of either.

Nobody seems to be mentioning the fact that until there was a lot of international pressure all supplies were being cut off. Even now I've read about so many Palestinians including many children getting seriously ill from not having nearly enough clean water to drink. The humanitarian aid being allowed in is minimal so it stands to reason that the food and water that Hamas has is minimal also. It's been said that everyone is trying to keep Hamas from getting any of the aid. That might be why there hasn't been much for the hostages.

I would think that more people would make that connection.

Boltlady

Mayor
There would be no hostages of Hamas hadn't attacked and apparently many Americans especially in the halls of higher education are defending Hamas

Outrage as Speakers Defend Hamas During Oakland City Council Meeting (msn.com)
Sorry but you've missed the point of my post. It wasn't in defense of Hamas, it was the way things are reported that eliminates any logic. The reality is that there are hostages and the reports have been about a lack of food and water given to them. It seems logical that there would be a lack of food and water to give to them if it was being blocked from entering the area.

I would think that part would get mentioned.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Sorry but you've missed the point of my post. It wasn't in defense of Hamas, it was the way things are reported that eliminates any logic. The reality is that there are hostages and the reports have been about a lack of food and water given to them. It seems logical that there would be a lack of food and water to give to them if it was being blocked from entering the area.

I would think that part would get mentioned.
I wasn't saying you were defending Hamas, I was referring to the fools in Oakland and across America and your point is well taken as fact

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Besides being underfed, the children came back to their families barely able to talk, speaking very quietly in whispers.
Lack of sunlight from being kept inside had made them very pale as well.
Hard to imagine what these hostages had to go through while being held.
Those interviews with family members on the media outlets have been hard to watch.

Boltlady

Mayor
Besides being underfed, the children came back to their families barely able to talk, speaking very quietly in whispers.
Lack of sunlight from being kept inside had made them very pale as well.
Hard to imagine what these hostages had to go through while being held.
Those interviews with family members on the media outlets have been hard to watch.
OK, as I told Dawg I was trying to address one aspect of the whole sordid mess. It does seem though that people are not able to look at how the media leaves the parts out that they don't want to address and people are fine with that. This is a current example of what I've said a lot of times about how public thinking gets manipulated.

My point has been that if extreme steps have been taken to keep Hamas from getting food and water, it should be recognized that there would be less of those things for the hostages. It's reasonable to lament the bad treatment of the hostages but to me it loses credibility when something that may well be out of their control is used as a main example. It's the type of thing that makes it difficult;t to believe the MSM's stories.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
OK, as I told Dawg I was trying to address one aspect of the whole sordid mess. It does seem though that people are not able to look at how the media leaves the parts out that they don't want to address and people are fine with that. This is a current example of what I've said a lot of times about how public thinking gets manipulated.

My point has been that if extreme steps have been taken to keep Hamas from getting food and water, it should be recognized that there would be less of those things for the hostages. It's reasonable to lament the bad treatment of the hostages but to me it loses credibility when something that may well be out of their control is used as a main example. It's the type of thing that makes it difficult;t to believe the MSM's stories.
Ok. Your unique, exacting focus on the only singular aspect of Hamas’ unprecedented evil is that portion which can be somehow blamed on the Israelis/Jews is noted. :-/

https://truthout.org/articles/israel-has-10000-palestinian-prisoners-and-faces-allegations-of-rampant-abuse/#:~:text=While Israel has long been,its bloody bombing campaign of

"Palestinian prisoners while targeting activists and peaceful members of civil society for arrest, the number of Palestinians caged in Israel’s sprawling network of prisons and detention camps has nearly doubled since Israel began its bloody bombing campaign of Gaza in retaliation for the October 7 cross-border attack by Hamas and other militants."

Israel is inflicting an illegal occupation on non-Jews in Gaza and the West Bank. Israel brutalizes Palestinians it incarcerates (including children with no formal charges. End the occupation if you have any concern for children on both sides.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Ok. Your unique, exacting focus on the only singular aspect of Hamas’ unprecedented evil is that portion which can be somehow blamed on the Israelis/Jews is noted. :-/
Channeling Middleview tactics now, eh? Go figure. Jew-haters unite, I guess.

write on

Senator
There's no question that it's a sorry situation for all of the people being held. One of the things that has been said over and over is the fact that they haven't had much to eat or water to drink. If the Israeli's had their way they wouldn't have any of either.

Nobody seems to be mentioning the fact that until there was a lot of international pressure all supplies were being cut off. Even now I've read about so many Palestinians including many children getting seriously ill from not having nearly enough clean water to drink. The humanitarian aid being allowed in is minimal so it stands to reason that the food and water that Hamas has is minimal also. It's been said that everyone is trying to keep Hamas from getting any of the aid. That might be why there hasn't been much for the hostages.

I would think that more people would make that connection.
Let's not kid ourselves. What's going on is a slow burn to ethnic cleansing that started in the 1948 war.

War and profit

Boltlady

Mayor
Let's not kid ourselves. What's going on is a slow burn to ethnic cleansing that started in the 1948 war.

War and profit
It's been made quite clear through the "greater Israel" dictate that the Palestinians are not wanted on what they consider Israeli property. That may be realized soon in Gaza since the structures are all being blown up and the Palestinians will have to go somewhere else to find places habitable. Kinda convenient in the long run.

Boltlady

Mayor
Israel's government has shifted so far to the fascistic right their "clear intention" of ethnic cleansing is being publicly proclaimed:
I actually watched the whole tape. It pretty much verifies what I've thought for a long time. What used to be subtle has become blatant. It offers an explanation of how things have gotten to where they are. It's the same sort of thing that happens when a lie is told often enough it eventually gets believed as truth. The Israeli people are being indoctrinated in their belief in their right to control the same way that our people are being indoctrinated to believe that we deserve to be oppressed

It all takes time but it does seem to be what's in the works..

I actually watched the whole tape. It pretty much verifies what I've thought for a long time. What used to be subtle has become blatant. It offers an explanation of how things have gotten to where they are. It's the same sort of thing that happens when a lie is told often enough it eventually gets believed as truth. The Israeli people are being indoctrinated in their belief in their right to control the same way that our people are being indoctrinated to believe that we deserve to be oppressed

It all takes time but it does seem to be what's in the works..
Were you aware Henry Kissinger said this?

"If it were not for the accident of my birth, I would be antisemitic.... Any people who has been persecuted for two thousand years must be doing something wrong."

https://www.newsweek.com/henry-kissinger-say-i-would-antisemitic-jewish-something-wrong-1848303

Assuming Henry wasn't joking or even if he was, is it worth asking why any ethnic/religious tribe that's been on the receiving end of crimes against humanity as often as Jews must be doing something that consistently results in their persecution?

Boltlady

Mayor
Were you aware Henry Kissinger said this?

"If it were not for the accident of my birth, I would be antisemitic.... Any people who has been persecuted for two thousand years must be doing something wrong."

https://www.newsweek.com/henry-kissinger-say-i-would-antisemitic-jewish-something-wrong-1848303

Assuming Henry wasn't joking or even if he was, is it worth asking why any ethnic/religious tribe that's been on the receiving end of crimes against humanity as often as Jews must be doing something that consistently results in their persecution?
No, I had not heard that about his Jewishness (maybe because I never liked Kissinger), but the article was rather vague as to the seriousness of it. I do like the comment of 2,000 years of persecution meaning they may be doing something wrong. There's a real point there.