• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Baltimore

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Yes, then you changed the subject to shooting looters which is absurd.
Again...wow.

No...it's still about looters...and how to deal with them. How to respond to the criminal activity that you wanted halted..because you feel inaction by the Baltimore Police gave license to folks in other cities to loot freely.

gigi

Mayor
Some background on those stories Megyn didn't want to hear...

...Many suspect that Gray was the victim of a “Nickel Ride”, a horrific police torture tactic where a suspect is handcuffed and placed in the back of a police van without restraints, and driven recklessly around town by police officers. This practice has also been called a “Rough Ride” or a “Cowboy Ride.”...

...Baltimore itself also has a dark history of police van torture. In fact, Baltimore Police have paid out millions of dollars in settlements to victims who were critically injured during rides in police vans. In 2012, a woman from Baltimore named Christine Abbott sued police after she was badly injured during a bumpy ride in the back of a police van.

That same year, the death of Anthony Anderson was ruled a homicide, he too died of injuries sustained while riding in a police van...

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/freddie-grays-death-reveals-dark-history-nickel-rides-and-police-van-torture

I can't say much positive about the entire judicial system in the city though. It truly is magnificently screwed up. The recent jail tales are too insane to be believed. Kingpin running drug business from the inside and impregnating every female guard in the place...is not a story that any writer could make believable.
My God.....Never heard this before. It's infuriating. I have family and friends that are/were cops and each of them is so devoted to the job and to always doing the right thing. But stuff like this makes targets of all cops, whether this is what happened to Freddie Gray or not. But something happened to him. One minute he's riding a bike, the next he's in custody, and the next he's on life support.

Jen

Senator
I like the mayor of Baltimore. I find her to be intelligent and well reasoned.

The city and the problems there are their own to solve. Race has nothing to do with it.

Al Sharpton could ruin them though, no question. The mayor shouldn't even allow Sharpton into Baltimore.
I think she made a huge blunder when she said that she was giving the rioters space to destroy property. That may not have been what she meant, but she said it and they responded by destroying local property that served the people there in that neighborhood.

You can't even hope to have businesses move into a neighborhood when the city mayor encourages people to destroy those businesses during a time of duress.

That was my first impression of her and it was not a positive one.

I agree that Sharpton should not even be allowed in that city at this time.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I think she made a huge blunder when she said that she was giving the rioters space to destroy property. That may not have been what she meant, but she said it and they responded by destroying local property that served the people there in that neighborhood.

You can't even hope to have businesses move into a neighborhood when the city mayor encourages people to destroy those businesses during a time of duress.

That was my first impression of her and it was not a positive one.

I agree that Sharpton should not even be allowed in that city at this time.
I don't feel thats what she meant at all.

Jen

Senator
I don't feel thats what she meant at all.
What you "feel" she meant really means nothing.

I am just taking her at exactly what she said.

I understand that she was thrust into a position of having to wing it with her words and any of us can trip up and say something that doesn't exactly come out right. If that is what she did, then she should admit she misspoke and then correct what she said. Denying she said it makes her look foolish since it's all on video.

Sadly, those inclined to trash and loot heard her words and acted on them. What she "meant to say" won't fix that.