• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Bare Shelves Biden

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So that means?

That Biden's policies are costing taxpayers more because he did nothing?
That is one very twisted way to look at it.

A law passed quite a while ago was to phase out Freon. I replaced my home AC years ago to use the new stuff. I paid more for freon for my car...because it was still available.

Trump had four years to back out of that deal and didn't but now you argue that Biden is to blame...seem curiously hypocritical.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The legislation related to hydrofluorcarbons was passed in 1990. Freon was being phased out over the years. Why didn't the AFP bunch bitch in 2019 when even more restrictive rules on Freon when into effect?

Irrelevant to this discussion. Those of us with an education are discussing the bare shelves and Biden's precise role on all of that.

None of Biden's policies have reduced domestic oil production. Keystone was nowhere near complete and was being tied up in court by Eminent Domain lawsuits because farmers didn't want the pipeline across their land. Would you have confiscated their land?

You've already lost that argument.
https://nypost.com/2021/12/05/the-costs-of-bidens-war-on-oil-include-higher-gas-prices/
It takes profound naïveté for Biden not to recognize how his and his team’s anti-oil animus has driven fuel costs skyward. In fewer than 11 months, this administration has:
  • Killed the Keystone XL pipeline.
  • Threatened to plug the Canada-to-Michigan Enbridge Line 5 pipeline.
  • Halted oil leases in a sliver of Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
  • Stopped oil and gas leases on federal lands.
  • Proposed a methane tax that could cost this industry up to $10 billion annually.
  • Encouraged left-wing activists to pressure financiers to defund oil companies.
And how is this multifront war on oil working out? As predicted.
In October, US oil drilling had plunged 38 percent versus October 2019, before COVID-19 derailed the booming Trump-GOP economy. With supply down and demand up (as COVID-related instability has eased), regular unleaded gasoline retailed on Oct. 25 for $3.38 per gallon compared with $2.59 on Oct. 28, 2019 — up 30.5 percent. On those dates, the New York Mercantile Exchange’s price for West Texas Intermediate crude was $83.94 per barrel, versus $56.65 — up 48.2 percent. Likewise, natural-gas drilling had slid 28.9 percent while prices were $5.90 per million BTUs vs. $2.45 — up 140.8 percent.

The Civilian Climate Corps legislation puts people to work making repairs to buildings to make them more energy efficient.
Your post argues that the people working on those projects will be "anti-energy" activists. Pretty stupid claim...

Again, you're trying to change the subject. The empty shelves have nothing to do with making buildings more energy efficient.

The combination of runaway inflation (caused by Biden flooding the money market with welfare dollars, paying people not to work) and soaring gasoline prices (which is also Biden's fault) is the reason for the bare shelves in stores across the fruited plain. And none of that would have occurred on Trump's watch.

Sometimes, it's better to have a mean talking business genius rather than a senile edited in charge.
I responded to a post claiming the civilian climate corps would hire thousands of activists to push legislation and you bitch about it when I show the truth. I gave you a link to the legislation.

Wanna talk about oil production? In August 2020 production dropped from a high of 13 million barrels per day to 9.7 million....it has now recovered to 11.8 million.

• Killed the Keystone XL pipeline. It wasn't in operation.
  • Threatened to plug the Canada-to-Michigan Enbridge Line 5 pipeline.
The state of Michigan is in a fight with Canada over the pipeline.
  • Halted oil leases in a sliver of Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge There has been no halt to drilling or production. The halt to bidding on leases has had no effect on production.
  • Stopped oil and gas leases on federal lands.
  • Proposed a methane tax that could cost this industry up to $10 billion annually. The methane tax was basically a fine for leaking methane at the well head or pipelines. Would that be a bad thing?
  • Encouraged left-wing activists to pressure financiers to defund oil companies. The price of EXXON stock is at $73.57 today. It was at $32.74 in March 2020.

reason10

Governor
I responded to a post claiming the civilian climate corps would hire thousands of activists to push legislation and you bitch about it when I show the truth. I gave you a link to the legislation.

Again, irrelevant to this topic. This is about Biden's total responsibility to the bare shelves, something that never would have happened had Trump been elected.

Wanna talk about oil production? In August 2020 production dropped from a High of 13 million barrels per day to 9.7 million....it has now recovered to 11.8 million.

I've already explained the concept of oil speculators to you, and apparently it went in one ear and out the other. Just as Joe is so stupid as to not understand the purpose of the Strategic Oil Reserve, and it's impact on the oil market, you apparently have no clue.

I have produced plenty of reliable sources pointing to Joe's responsibility for the high gas prices, inflation and the resulting malaise and empty store shelves as a result. Apparently this is way over your melon fcking head, because you (a) do not understand how oil is priced, (b) do not understand even the fundamentals of the macroeconomics of the money supply and how it affects everything.

Edited

Last edited by a moderator:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
True. But every once in awhile a good oe hits the spot.
I found the first two of them are hard to get past my nose...but after that they go down pretty easy.

My mom used to drink Carling Black label...has a very salty taste. I like them back when I was a teen...can't stand em now.

Pilsner Urquell, Fat Tire, Elephant, Tusker....were my favorites.

Can't drink beer anymore...gout.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Again, irrelevant to this topic. This is about Biden's total responsibility to the bare shelves, something that never would have happened had Trump been elected.

Wanna talk about oil production? In August 2020 production dropped from a High of 13 million barrels per day to 9.7 million....it has now recovered to 11.8 million.

I've already explained the concept of oil speculators to you, and apparently it went in one ear and out the other. Just as Joe is so stupid as to not understand the purpose of the Strategic Oil Reserve, and it's impact on the oil market, you apparently have no clue.

I have produced plenty of reliable sources pointing to Joe's responsibility for the High gas prices, inflation and the resulting malaise and empty store shelves as a result. Apparently this is way over your melon fcking head, because you (a) do not understand how oil is priced, (b) do not understand even the fundamentals of the macroeconomics of the money supply and how it affects everything.

Edited
So you think the fact that oil production dropped by almost 4 million barrels a day had nothing to do with price? Increasing by 2 million per day is indicative of Biden's restrictive policies on production? No kidding...

So according to you, it has nothing to do with supply and demand and everything to do with spending bills that have not been implemented yet.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I found the first two of them are hard to get past my nose...but after that they go down pretty easy.

My mom used to drink Carling Black label...has a very salty taste. I like them back when I was a teen...can't stand em now.

Pilsner Urquell, Fat Tire, Elephant, Tusker....were my favorites.

Can't drink beer anymore...gout.
Carling is an oldie.

write on

Senator
To quote you...."All Lies".....you get what you give.
This one is still relying on propaganda; russian, I suspect.

He/She thinks that the more that they cut and paste, the truth can be changed.

I've read and seen that before while learning HISTORY- no matter how good or bad.

Hint: CRT