• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Barr/Trump feud

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
AG Barr went on TV to complain that Trump was bullying him through tweets. Apparently Barr wants to do Trump's personal bidding without Trump announcing it. It makes Barr look bad. Barr needs to maintain the joke that he's running the DOJ properly when he's destroying it on Trump's orders.

So how will this all turn out?

BobbyT

Governor
Trump claims the power to interfere. That's your dictator, buckies.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

“The President has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case.” A.G. Barr This doesn’t mean that I do not have, as President, the legal right to do so, I do, but I have so far chosen not to!

8:33 AM - Feb 14, 2020
Barr set up the interview to protect Donald from accusations of obstruction of justice and protect himself from looking like a mere toady. But when one chooses to be Donald's lickspittle, Donald wants the whole world to know he has you under his thumb. Sorry Barr but you're just another of Donald's stooges and everyone knows it.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Barr set up the interview to protect Donald from accusations of obstruction of justice and protect himself from looking like a mere toady. But when one chooses to be Donald's lickspittle, Donald wants the whole world to know he has you under his thumb. Sorry Barr but you're just another of Donald's stooges and everyone knows it.
I'm guessing that the original plan of Barr complaining about Trump's tweets was a set up to help Barr present himself as independent, but Trump couldn't stand that.....as you say.....and proceeded to have the last word and undermine Barr.

Barr deserves to have his reputation shredded....for his imperial presidency crap, so in one respect, I don't mind if Trump helps that along. As long as Barr can drag Trump down with him.

TBLee

Governor
I am not so sure I would call it a "feud". Two very strong willed men, with a differing opinion.