• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Beans, Beans the magical fruit.. The more you eat the more you toot..

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Poor people where using crockpots before you where born.......
Pressure cooker, the microwave of the way back in time... My wife, deceased, was a proud graduate of San Luis Obispo state college and majored in home economics with a minor in microwave cookery we were married later where she was working as a bank teller, long story,

One evening I suggested beef stew and she said it would be quicker in the microwave and I said pressure cooker was faster, then it was bet me!

I'm a pretty good cook in my own right so i said we'll race and divided the fixings fifty fifty and said go!

The pressure cooker won, she was amazed and I asked her if the college ever showed them how well they worked, she said they'd never mentioned them.

Point being po folks used slow cookin and pressure cookers a lot to make tough food palatable. My mom used to get stewing hens for cheap and make great chicken and dumplings, you haven't seen tough until you try fried stewing hen.

Last edited:

write on

Senator
That's the thing about beans. No matter how bare the grocery store, there are always beans, not enough people eat beans so they're always laying around
Well now, let's back up a little. To the hell with toilet paper?!?!

Now it's all about 'beans'!

The right wing would make me laugh, if not for their overall intention.

Last edited:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Well now, let's back up a little. To the hell with toilet paper?!?!

Now it's all about 'beans'!

The right wing would make me laugh, if not for their overall intention.
I don't understand. Are you trying to hijack my thread with right wing stupidity?

write on

Senator
I don't understand. Are you trying to hijack my thread with right wing stupidity?
I'm doing what I knew would happen when I piqued your inevitable response and in creating a right wing conspiracy theory.

We have tucker now, but let's not forget where it started....

LOL

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I'm doing what I knew would happen when I piqued your inevitable response and in creating a right wing conspiracy theory.

We have tucker now, but let's not forget where it started....

LOL
No, I think maybe you're overmedicated. Here we're talking about beans. You know, like in the context of the top post, discussing the cost of meat.