• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Best outdoorsman belt knife!

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
I've spent many years in the outdoors and have always treasured a good belt knife. I carried one as a Marine in Vietnam. I finally found "The knife", this one I call a lifetime knife, only gripe is it came along late in life.

Once you hold one you'll understand.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Looks nice. "Currently unavailable." How much did you pay for it?
About $180.00, there's still some out there to be had

SOG Pillar S35VN USA Made Fixed Blade Knife - Free Shipping! - Black Ovis
www.blackovis.com › sog-pillar-s35vn-u...

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
About $180.00, there's still some out there to be had
It wouldn't get enough use by me to justify that expenditure. Most of my outdoor time away from home and outside of daily activities is spent at Civil War historic sites, historic cemeteries and on the water at Lake Whitney, Texas. So far at least, I haven't had the need for such a knife in those activities.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
It wouldn't get enough use by me to justify that expenditure. Most of my outdoor time away from home and outside of daily activities is spent at Civil War historic sites, historic cemeteries and on the water at Lake Whitney, Texas. So far at least, I haven't had the need for such a knife in those activities.
probably be a bit of over kill for a letter opener :)

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
I've had mine for so long the only maker name I remember for any of them is a Big Chief knife I've had for about 45 years now.
I was given an old Japanese knife called a deba bocho it was made in Tosa Japan and it's over a hundred years old. I spent some time on it and it is hand forged "White steel" holds a great edge and holds an honorable place in my kitchen and although it's original use was fish I just use it for chicken.. I wish I knew the story of how it traveled to me.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Think of it as a fire extinguisher