• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Beware of 'Tsunami' on West Coast

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
All types of weather/environmental challenges happening today.
Not much happening here at the present time, just a few sprinkles of rain.
Temps are in the 40's, later on it will change into rain/snow mixture according to the weather forecasters.
They seem more excited over the expected events than the public. :)

“It becomes very dangerous because there’s so much water and it’s moving so fast; you can’t outrun it, and you can’t outswim it,” said Mr. Garcia.

The tsunami is expected to continue to affect the coast and bays for the remainder of the day, with the National Weather Service advising anyone in the coastal areas of California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Alaska to “move off the beach and out of harbors and marinas.”

Live Tsunami News Tracker: Tonga, California and More - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
All types of weather/environmental challenges happening today.
Not much happening here at the present time, just a few sprinkles of rain.
Temps are in the 40's, later on it will change into rain/snow mixture according to the weather forecasters.
They seem more excited over the expected events than the public. :)

“It becomes very dangerous because there’s so much water and it’s moving so fast; you can’t outrun it, and you can’t outswim it,” said Mr. Garcia.

The tsunami is expected to continue to affect the coast and bays for the remainder of the day, with the National Weather Service advising anyone in the coastal areas of California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Alaska to “move off the beach and out of harbors and marinas.”

Live Tsunami News Tracker: Tonga, California and More - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
Nothing here but suppose to be some snow I think at midnight but the weather people say tomorrow will be snow/sleet/freezing rain and to listen to them it's the end of the world.......if power doesn't go out Let'er snow or whatever everyone should have plenty of food grocery stores empty now for sure......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they build on the Breaker's as here on NC coast that could wash out many homes, amazing people think they can build that close and worse yet Allowed too!

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Nothing here but suppose to be some snow I think at midnight but the weather people say tomorrow will be snow/sleet/freezing rain and to listen to them it's the end of the world.......if power doesn't go out Let'er snow or whatever everyone should have plenty of food grocery stores empty now for sure......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they build on the Breaker's as here on NC coast that could wash out many homes, amazing people think they can build that close and worse yet Allowed too!
Yep, that's the norm it seems lots of hype at times and many of the weather channels seem to tell it a bit different.
That's what I hate too, when the lines break/trees are loaded down with ice and the trees fall over on them.
We have a really large PTO 45 KW generator. It may be coming in handy tomorrow night. I hope we or anyone else loses their power though.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yep, that's the norm it seems lots of hype at times and many of the weather channels seem to tell it a bit different.
That's what I hate too, when the lines break/trees are loaded down with ice and the trees fall over on them.
We have a really large PTO 45 KW generator. It may be coming in handy tomorrow night. I hope we or anyone else loses their power though.
We use to have best family time when power went out when my girls were little, gas logs and generator for lights and play board games and my girls actually didn't want the power to come back on......

look at this

Tsunami impacts hit West Coast after volcano eruption in Pacific; stay away from beaches, officials warn (msn.com)

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
We use to have best family time when power went out when my girls were little, gas logs and generator for lights and play board games and my girls actually didn't want the power to come back on......

look at this

Tsunami impacts hit West Coast after volcano eruption in Pacific; stay away from beaches, officials warn (msn.com)
Improvising was kind of fun when I was younger... I can relate to that. Now, since I'm older I don't feel the same way.
We're still only getting rain here, our power is still on. :) Thank goodness, no snow or ice yet.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Improvising was kind of fun when I was younger... I can relate to that. Now, since I'm older I don't feel the same way.
We're still only getting rain here, our power is still on. :) Thank goodness, no snow or ice yet.
Maybe an inch and half here so far and appears nothing falling presently

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
That's really cold, at least to me. :) We have 35 degrees and it's starting to snow, mostly flurries mixed with rain.
Our snow the other week it was like 35* they called for a Dusting and we got like 3" but what I call great snow, gone the next day, this one may hang around longer due to temps