• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Beyond the foreign policy lies: Our compliant media and the truth about American exceptionalism.

AIL

Jet fuel that's a good one.
Lies and liars do not matter to the US media they just repeat the lies and do not challenge any outright lie at all. Its a useless media that is an extension of the government. There is no left or right with a two party system its all designed to give the look of freedom of choice. However the choices are very limited its a choice of two evils war monger one or war monger two. There is absolutely on difference between these two parties at all. You have a corrupt corporations based democracy;
nothing for you the citizens of the country just cast your silly vote nothing will change.

Government only caterers to the wishes and whims of their corporate masters they don't give a shit about you the ignorant masses. They can easily pass laws stopping all corporate political donations; but they don't because that is the way corrupt systems work and they are happy with those arrangements. So in your next election remember your vote is useless you have no real alternatives its just a matter of choosing one war monger over the other warmonger .

Beyond the foreign policy lies: Our compliant media and the truth about American exceptionalism.

A new year begins, and America must resolve to do different & better. Here's a roadmap. It starts with clear eyes.

Anyone who thinks of America and its place in the world clearly and honestly understands, with no shred of doubt after the destructive year gone by, that this nation is now well into its late-imperial phase. As history instructs us, two signs of an imperial power’s decline at this point in its story are blindness and deafness: It gives up all capacity to see the world as it is and takes no interest in what those dwelling in it have to say. Clear sight and open ears are unbearable, for both bring news that history’s wheel is turning and an era of primacy is passing into the past.
This is where we are as 2014 ends. It is not, I add instantly, where we have to be, only where we happen to be, where we have been led and find ourselves as we look to the year ahead.

A few years ago the words “decline” and “declinist” were much in debate. A declinist was not something a good American was supposed to be. The obfuscating chatterers on the opinion pages and in the magazines could hold these terms up for criticism because there was—apparently, not evidently—enough ground to stand on and dismiss the declinist’s point. Recall all this?

Now no one talks about decline, if you have not noticed—not because the triumphalists have won the argument but precisely because they have lost it. In the best American tradition, the topic falls away: It grows ever more obvious now that our leaders have put themselves and us on the road to decline.

If I can impose on your time a few extra seconds, please read that last sentence carefully once again. Two things in it we need to talk about now: “Our leaders,” as opposed to us, we the led. “Chosen,” said leaders having made choices and not simply accommodated the inevitable. To have a choice, by definition, means to have an alternative.

Many readers have questioned use of the term “we” in these columns over the past year. “Who is this ‘we’ doing this or that in Ukraine, Syria, across the Pacific or wherever?” they ask. They are right to do so, but only half right in refusing responsibility for America’s conduct abroad.

http://www.salon.com/2015/01/01/beyond_the_foreign_policy_lies_our_compliant_media_and_the_truth_about_american_exceptionalism/

Z

zzigzzag

We have a plethora of media sources in the US. You just posted an article from one with which I largely agree.

"The media" is not a term that makes anyone look cognizant around here.

It's most often used by those who embrace the alternate reality media for saying what they want to hear.

AIL

Jet fuel that's a good one.
We have a plethora of media sources in the US. You just posted an article from one with which I largely agree.

"The media" is not a term that makes anyone look cognizant around here.

It's most often used by those who embrace the alternate reality media for saying what they want to hear.
Do you consider the main stream news media ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX AND all the other main steam talks shows good journalism?

Are they all the same regurgitating lap dogs, no balls, and no challenges to obvious lies?

I consider them all useless misinformation machines or propaganda news networks (media)

AlterNet as the name implies is not main steam media. Its not easy access because the majority of Americans only get to hear headline news non of them go deep into any real issue.

Case in point people are still saying watching the interview is a statement about freedom of speech..
Freedom of speech does not give anyone the right to accuse another country or individual of crimes if they are innocent.
You or your president have no proof of North Korea is involved in the so called hack; yet all of the same MSM are still acting as lad dog news media they are repeating the same lies as your current A hole president Obama.

When bush was lying to wage war in Iraq non of the so called free press in America attempt one small challenge to the obvious lies of the bush administration is that journalism or is it propaganda machine..

Instead of standing up to a useless non justifiable war the Yankee news media was cheering for war..Freedom of the press my ass.

Z

zzigzzag

Do you consider the main stream news media ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX AND all the other main steam talks shows good journalism?

Are they all the same regurgitating lap dogs, no balls, and no challenges to obvious lies?

I consider them all useless misinformation machines or propaganda news networks (media)

AlterNet as the name implies is not main steam media. Its not easy access because the majority of Americans only get to hear headline news non of them go deep into any real issue.

Case in point people are still saying watching the interview is a statement about freedom of speech..
Freedom of speech does not give anyone the right to accuse another country or individual of crimes if they are innocent.
You or your president have no proof of North Korea is involved in the so called hack; yet all of the same MSM are still acting as lad dog news media they are repeating the same lies as your current A hole president Obama.

When bush was lying to wage war in Iraq non of the so called free press in America attempt one small challenge to the obvious lies of the bush administration is that journalism or is it propaganda machine..

Instead of standing up to a useless non justifiable war the Yankee news media was cheering for war..Freedom of the press my ass.
You lost me in the first paragraph....where you lumped FOX in with legitimate news organizations.

I'm a big fan of Alternet. I will always pay attention to a link from that source and give it serious consideration.

You are mistaken about no one challenging Bush's lies about Iraq.

But his biggest and most disastrous lie was telling Congress that he would not pull out the inspectors if they gave him authorization for military action. He said he just wanted it to give the inspection process more teeth. Obama didn't believe him. Clinton did.