• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Biden: Hike taxes on the wealthy to make Medicare solvent

Bugsy McGurk

President
His plan also allows for more negotiation on drugs bought through Medicare.

Tax hikes on the wealthy, forcing Big Pharma to actually negotiate prices - we can count on wingers to bitterly oppose such things, no?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Biden ought to do so across the board...not just pharma prices.

A bandaid should cost pennies. not $400 in a hospital setting.

Applying a bandaid should also, not some exorbitant fee to peel and stick a bandaid...

Bugsy McGurk

President

Applying a bandaid should also, not some exorbitant fee to peel and stick a bandaid...
I think the recent legislation allows Medicare to set their rates on such things, although such gouging continues whenever providers can get away with it. It should all be tightened up.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Tax hikes on the wealthy, forcing Big Pharma to actually negotiate prices - we can count on wingers to bitterly oppose such things, no?

You actually think Joey is going to raise taxes on himself and family and other politicians or his donars/handlers!

The Wealthy

Treasury Department accused of blocking GOP lawmakers' access to 'suspicious' Biden family bank transactions (msn.com)

:)

protectionist

Governor

He could have come up with this in 2021, when Republicans did not control the House. Now he proposes something he anticipates will not see the light of day.
Why ? Because Joe Biden doesn't give a rat's ass about Medicare or poor, elderly people who need it. He cares about VOTES, and making himself look like a big hero to the VOTERS.

"His plan" ? His plan in 2020, was mentioned during the debates with Trump. He proposed to raise taxes on the very wealthy.
Calls for higher taxes for those at the top end of the income and wealth spectrum, were a major part of Biden's 2020 campaign. The administration's "interest" (so they say) in raising taxes on the rich has continued since Biden took office.

But the $430 billion Inflation Reduction Act signed into law by the Biden administration, ended up with no direct change in tax rates for rich Americans -- or any Americans for that matter. When Trump left office, the top tax rate on the richest American was 37%. Guess what it is now (after 2-3 years of Biden in office)- still 37%.

Also, not to be overlooked, Biden's 37% tax on the super rich, is FAR less than was the taxes under FOUR Republican presidents.
Eisenhower - 91-92%
Nixon - 70%
Ford - 70%
Reagan - 50% (most of his years)

In contrast, other Democrat presidents had lower taxes on the rich than these Republican presidents >>

Johnson - lowered it from 91% to 70% (later raised it slightly but still < 91%).
Clinton - 39.6%
Obama - 35-39.6
Biden 37%

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
So how can people who work for a living not plan for their retirement ? Many are totally dependent on the govt tit for their livelihood and healthcare ? Explain how you can be a "CONservative" and support the huge govt. ponzi scheme?

It just amazes me how a guy can have 2 cars, a boat, rv, 2000 sf house in suburbia and beotch he doesn't get enough SS to make ends meet.........sad really sad

so where are all the anti SS supporters at, all the SMALL govt conservatives ?

why should I pay for people to post on a message board all day , complaining about big govt as they monthly waddle up to the govt feed trough ?

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
They keep showing everyone those they are more concerned with and will fight for it's not likely they will change their minds.
"Republicans have already made clear they're on the side of the 1 Percenters and big corporations by trying to shield rich tax cheats and endangering Social Security and Medicare with deficit-busting tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations," said one expert. "The contrast couldn't be sharper.

"

As Common Dreams reported earlier Friday, the House Freedom Caucus said its 45 members would "consider voting" to raise the U.S. debt limit if their colleagues in Congress abandon some of Biden's key economic priorities, slash hundreds of billions of dollars in social spending, and restrict federal agencies' future budgets.

Responding on Twitter, Biden said that "extreme MAGA House Republicans are showing us what they value: tax breaks for the rich."

Biden Tax Boost Targeting the Rich Called 'Fair, Popular, and Long Overdue' (commondreams.org)

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
still no anti- govt tit supporters.......well that is just special for the CONservatives or those who claim that title, along with fake evangelical

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
OK - so my brother's neighbor doesn't exist and all the other " retired" people in that neighborhood with at least 2 cars a boat or rv - got it !

You telling me guys who worked and retired don't have a house, 2 cars, a boat, rv - they have nothing - yeah that's the ticket !
I'm telling you that anyone with all that is not DEPENDENT just on SS to live that you constantly WHINE about and you paying to post here while posting here at 9am :)

I didn't post anywhere what you claim and it's understandable why you're jealous of those folks.

BTW: how do you know your brothers neighbors all post here ?

Last edited:

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
I'm telling you that anyone with all that is not DEPENDENT just on SS to live that you constantly WHINE about and you paying to post here while posting here at 9am :)

I didn't post anywhere what you claim and it's understandable why you're jealous of those folks.

BTW: how do you know your brothers neighbors all post here ?
wow - reading comprehension issues yet again ! So where did I say they post here- go OR BE CALLED A LIAR ( your words )

middleview

President
Supporting Member

I had an operation that was covered by my employer's insurance, but when I looked at the bill I found numerous errors. $30 for an aspirin, but I never asked for one. $150 for a doctor's consultation that didn't happen. I called the insurance company to report the errors....about $1,500 of the bill. They weren't interested.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I had an operation that was covered by my employer's insurance, but when I looked at the bill I found numerous errors. $30 for an aspirin, but I never asked for one. $150 for a doctor's consultation that didn't happen. I called the insurance company to report the errors....about $1,500 of the bill. They weren't interested.
yes. padding is a common practice. it is unfortunate

my mom jus spent several days in cICU. while still there i was finding random things listed on daily activity reports like anti nausea, anti vomit, opioids,...etc.. all were not used at any time...

middleview

President
Supporting Member

my mom jus spent several days in cICU. while still there i was finding random things listed on daily activity reports like anti nausea, anti vomit, opioids,...etc.. all were not used at any time...
Hope your mom is ok....

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
wow - reading comprehension issues yet again ! So where did I say they post here- go OR BE CALLED A LIAR ( your words )
Your examples were your brothers Neighbors and you claimed you were tired of paying for those on SS to post on message boards yet here you are NOT working and posting in a message board like your brothers neighbors!
You rant and rave and Whine in CAPs like an insane fool and few if any bother to reply to your insanity.
It's clear you need other members words to not be cowardly and you damn sure are not 'sensible' and forget what you whined of:) SS/Medicare being FREE, that's the LIE.

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

and Every doctor that walks by and signs their name for payment