• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Biden inflation. Build Back Poorer

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
WTF! Trump's tax cut did not make the government go on a diet. Instead the government got larger and spending went up.

If you want to borrow just to buy votes with a tax cut, there is a problem. Borrowing to invest where there is every expectation that the investment will improve revenue or cut costs is a good idea....that isn't what Reagan, "W" or Trump did.
How are Joe's "investments" doing?

inflation skyrockets - Google Search

supply chain crisis - Google Search

workers again leaving the workforce - Google Search

LOL!

Raoul_Luke

Here is some advice. Show some loyalty to your employees. Do not resort to layoffs as a cure to counter less business than you wanted or even a negative cash flow. We did everything we could for our people. Sometimes they didn't deserve it and some of those people were fired if they didn't perform....the ones who stuck it out were those who saw that we were on the same side.

One guy just got a $1,000 bonus because he showed up for work every single day of the pandemic. Another asked for a loan because his wife got laid off. We bumped his pay because he deserved it and we covered his rent for a month to get him back on track.

Owning the business is more than just making a buck. It is an opportunity for you to do a lot of good for your employees, your community and yourself.
The best thing about this business is it only takes a few people to run it. My son will be the manager, and there's a woman who has been running the place for the semi-retired owner who will be staying on (and yeah, I already planned on giving her a raise). There's a full time position in the warehouse that I will be looking to restructure through better technology and labor saving equipment. I'll probably downgrade that one to part time, because of the turnover he's had in that job. Better to have two part timers than one full timer in that situation.

And my intention is to implement profit sharing to give the workers a stake in the business - you have that?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I have 45 years of business management experience, what did you do all your life? Which one of us is "playing entrepreneur" here?

You are selling prepared food. Your input costs are skyrocketing. How many $20 hamburgers do you think you are going to sell to those students next year?

Restaurant industry in worse shape today than three months ago, according to survey :: WRAL.com

Best of luck to you.

I'm buying an agriculture supply business, because food inflation is going to have everyone and their brother planting gardens in every open green space. Not to mention the long term drought out west reinvigorating PA farmers.

High food prices are here to stay | The Economist

It has increased sales by 10% each of the last three years (all through the pandemic) and is up way more than 10% this year over last.

I'll take slow and steady growth with brightening long term prospects over your big snap back from depressed pandemic numbers that is about to evaporate as people start (growing and) making their own meals so they can afford to heat their homes and drive their cars. But then, I'm a business man and you, well, aren't...
Best of luck in your new business venture. Seriously...all politics and other haggling aside.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The best thing about this business is it only takes a few people to run it. My son will be the manager, and there's a woman who has been running the place for the semi-retired owner who will be staying on (and yeah, I already planned on giving her a raise). There's a full time position in the warehouse that I will be looking to restructure through better technology and labor saving equipment. I'll probably downgrade that one to part time, because of the turnover he's had in that job. Better to have two part timers than one full timer in that situation.

And my intention is to implement profit sharing to give the workers a stake in the business - you have that?
Profit sharing for managers only

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I have 45 years of business management experience, what did you do all your life? Which one of us is "playing entrepreneur" here?

You are selling prepared food. Your input costs are skyrocketing. How many $20 hamburgers do you think you are going to sell to those students next year?

Restaurant industry in worse shape today than three months ago, according to survey :: WRAL.com

Best of luck to you.

I'm buying an agriculture supply business, because food inflation is going to have everyone and their brother planting gardens in every open green space. Not to mention the long term drought out west reinvigorating PA farmers.

It has increased sales by 10% each of the last three years (all through the pandemic) and is up way more than 10% this year over last.

I'll take slow and steady growth with brightening long term prospects over your big snap back from depressed pandemic numbers that is about to evaporate as people start (growing and) making their own meals so they can afford to heat their homes and drive their cars. But then, I'm a business man and you, well, aren't...
I have worked in IT since getting out of the military in 1975. I have managed as many as 18 direct reports. I have owned a software business that sold to the US navy.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Best of luck to you.

Ww have been in business for 5 years...
our revenue doubled from 2020 to now. we had 35 employees then 15 now. I am a business man and you are just starting out.

Raoul_Luke

I have worked in IT since getting out of the military in 1975. I have managed as many as 18 direct reports. I have owned a software business that sold to the US navy.
I have 45 years of experience spanning human resources, operations management and finance in multi-million $ enterprises. I think I can handle a small business.

Raoul_Luke

Ww have been in business for 5 years...
our revenue doubled from 2020 to now. we had 35 employees then 15 now. I am a business man and you are just starting out.
2020 was the pandemic year. What is your growth over 2019?

Raoul_Luke

At your shop do it your way. Let me know when you open a restaurant.
I looked at one and it was a screaming deal - just remodeled before the pandemic hit and it never got off the ground. I could have snagged it for the value of the real estate. But my son wasn't interested in the long hours. The farm supply place is open six days a week, 8:00 to 5:00. LOL he's already got a buckle bunny girlfriend and is riding horses with her on the weekends, so he has embraced the farm life.

And the best part is that it's already successful so no risk like there was with the restaurant. I think it worked out for the best. I really do hope you continue to be successful but I'd be making plans for a rough road ahead if I were you. When food prices escalate, more meals are done at home.

Best of luck to you!