• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Biden proposing a three month suspension of gas tax

EatTheRich

President
@PhilFish @EatTheRich

As the business news has pointed out NONE of what Biden proposed increases the supply of oil and his tax break only increases the demand... meaning in short order the price of the gas will go up most likely to a price point mirroring the cost of gas plus tax but that money NOT going to fix the roads.

Yes, Biden and his pros are real good. ha ha
So as I have said in prior discussions about excise taxes, the tax is ultimately paid by the seller and not the consumer. But short-term relief is the best we can hope for now. You know what would increase the supply? Production under a national energy plan featuring workers’ control.

God of War

Governor
So as I have said in prior discussions about excise taxes, the tax is ultimately paid by the seller and not the consumer. But short-term relief is the best we can hope for now. You know what would increase the supply? Production under a national energy plan featuring workers’ control.
Workers' control... I just vomited a little bit in my mouth. ;0)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
yes, lets await their input on this essentially nonevent gesture..
Note the lack of awareness that the OP has no record of ever NOT marching in lockstep with all things DNC. Yet…here he is decrying those who dare criticize or disagree.

BTW: placing a hold on the federal tax does almost nothing…just like opening up the strategic reserve. Honestly, it’s worthy of neither ardent support nor opposition. I’m in the “I don’t care either way” camp.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Note the lack of awareness that the OP has no record of ever NOT marching in lockstep with all things DNC. Yet…here he is decrying those who dare criticize or disagree.

BTW: placing a hold on the federal tax does almost nothing…just like opening up the strategic reserve. Honestly, it’s worthy of neither ardent support nor opposition. I’m in the “I don’t care either way” camp.
Blah, blah, blah….try to take a position…

Do you favor suspending the gas tax, or not?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

It's just for optics...as though 20 some bucks is relief... particularly where gas rises further

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Blah, blah, blah….try to take a position…

Do you favor suspending the gas tax, or not?
Have you ever been neutral on an insignificant policy matter? I have. And I am on this one. It does nothing to move the needle. It elicits neither praise nor condemnation from me. I just don’t care.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Have you ever been neutral on an insignificant policy matter? I have. And I am on this one. It does nothing to move the needle. It elicits neither praise nor condemnation from me. I just don’t care.
Nah, you’re just a waffler. And you waffled yet again.

EatTheRich

President
Not Soros. Not Zuckerberg. Not Bezos. And not some others. I've said so before. I talked of cutting off their tax free foundations.
Fair enough. Those dissident billionaires who reject the orthodoxy of the hegemonic billionaires you also want silenced along with the rest of us.

EatTheRich

President
So it is your position that the level of taxes and the price of gas are insignificant?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Nah, you’re just a waffler. And you waffled yet again.
Waffling means flip-flopping. My position has never changed on this matter. It is insignificant and does not rise to the level of being supported or opposed. Similarly, I don’t care if Bugsy steps away to have a glass of water. Feel free to do so.
(Nope - no waffling on Bugsy’s hydration decisions). Try to be sane.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Waffling means flip-flopping. My position has never changed on this matter. It is insignificant and does not rise to the level of being supported or opposed. Similarly, I don’t care if Bugsy steps away to have a glass of water. Feel free to do so.
(Nope - no waffling on Bugsy’s hydration decisions). Try to be sane.
Good thing you’re not in an important position. You just can’t make decisions.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Good thing you’re not in an important position. You just can’t make decisions.
It literally doesn’t make any difference. Decisiveness inheres in recognizing and deciding that a thing is insignificant. An agitprop. Window dressing. Fluff. So I don’t care.

That you are this adamant that folks demonstrate passion and dogged, determined, steel-jawed vigor merely indicates (like everything else you do) that you are a hack propagandist. A really stupid, stupid Bugsy maneuver, but unsurprising. Keep bickering with yourself.