• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Biden to inflict widespread evictions...

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
No.

I guess that means you must feel Biden's lack of leadership is indefensible, since you immediately swerved into the "But, but,...TRUMP!" lane.

Isn't it nice when we agree on something?
It's all the left has and it doesn't make any difference if topic is which apples make the best pies, leftist post of Trump.

Zam-Zam

Senator
How hypocritical can you get?
Trump showed leadership by telling people not to wear masks?

My point was about you.

The CDC has now extended the deadline.

You asked if I thought Trump showed leadership, and I answered "No."

So, where exactly, is the hypocrisy?

Zam-Zam

Senator
A bit of a tangent here, but food for thought:

Governor Cuomo made a decision to force state-run nursing facilities to accept people who had tested positive for Covid-19. That decision was a de facto death sentence for many elderly residents of those facilities. Later, his administration was accused of 'cooking the books' to hide this information from the general public.

Yet, that's not the scandal that did him in.

Sexually harassment of women is, I think we'll all agree, bad. As far as I know, however, no one died as a result.

So, why is this a bigger deal than his nursing home scandal?

What We Know About Cuomo’s Nursing Home Scandal

Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration has been accused of deliberately obscuring the full scope of nursing home deaths in New York. The F.B.I. is investigating.

Complete text: Andrew Cuomo and Nursing Home Deaths: What We Know - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Maybe we need a mortgage moratorium too … but in the meantime the landlords could always consider taking personal responsibility and getting jobs instead of relying on others to pay their bills.
Shows just what you know of those who own rentals. I have a job. I also own a rental.
At what point am I required to provide free housing to someone? Maybe the renter should consider taking personal responsibility and get a job instead of relying on others to provide food and housing.

A friend of mine has invested in five houses that he rents out. It is a full time job for him to maintain those properties. All five would be in foreclosure if the renters quit paying rent. At that point the bank or S&L evicts the renters so the property can be sold...because nobody buys a rental with non-paying renters living there.

EatTheRich

President
Shows just what you know of those who own rentals. I have a job. I also own a rental.
At what point am I required to provide free housing to someone? Maybe the renter should consider taking personal responsibility and get a job instead of relying on others to provide food and housing.

A friend of mine has invested in five houses that he rents out. It is a full time job for him to maintain those properties. All five would be in foreclosure if the renters quit paying rent. At that point the bank or S&L evicts the renters so the property can be sold...because nobody buys a rental with non-paying renters living there.
Sounds like you’re whining about your job not paying enough instead of buckling down and getting a better-paying job. I guess your friend should work smarter, not harder. Many of the tens of millions of Americans were unexpectedly laid off and many more have jobs but can’t keep up with the rent … why is it their responsibility to provide you with free goods and services? (See how this stupid rhetoric works?)

I like the way they do it in Cuba … no homes can be foreclosed on, no privately-owned home can be sold to a buyer other than the government … rent is limited by law to 10% of income … and anyone who can’t pay is required to work for the government long enough fo earn the necessary amount while any private landlords are compensated by the government.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Last edited: