• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Biden to inflict widespread evictions...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Phil there was $46.5 Billion dollars sent to the States from the Fed.

I recently read that only Three billion has been disbursed to the people who need it, it's being held at the State level so in this case (sit down!) I'll side with Biden on this one, he should pressure the state to do the disbursements.

Fact is maybe it's time for a Federal audit so they have to account for the dinero and possibly jail a few greedy buggers.
Oh yes. I know.

I'm merely playing the crazed game

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The Biden administration announced Thursday it will allow a nationwide ban on evictions to expire Saturday, arguing that its hands are tied after the Supreme Court signaled the moratorium would only be extended until the end of the month.

Biden to allow eviction moratorium to expire Saturday (msn.com)
so the court said Biden and the CDC can't extend the deadline. Now it is up to congress or the states.

Spamature

President
Yes. Like the vaccines, medical supplies
No !

Jared clearly said the supplies were theirs to decide what to do with as they pleased and not the states.

You remember, don't you.

Anyway this is one confusing thread.

Cons are both saying he did the right thing and attacking him for doing it.
Even though the courts prevented him from doing it and the congress didn't give him anything on which to act.

Last edited:

EatTheRich

President
Really? You see no role for the federal government in preparing for a national disaster, like a pandemic? Let the states compete for PPE and medicines? Sounds like a windfall for the companies that could have jacked up prices.
Mass eviction is likewise a national disaster. And the states are competing both for cheap labor and for expelling the unemployed/underemployed. And Biden et al. are handling it this way because it means big bucks for the landlords, real estate developers, banks, organized crime, and cops.

EatTheRich

President
I disagree. It is very much unique to individual cities.
So the synthesis between addressing local needs and meeting national goals comes from the workers' council. Election (by workers) at the local level of local workers' councils responsible for initiating and administering housing reforms makes them responsive to the local needs. Election of state or regional workers' councils by the members of the local ones and of a national workers' council by the state and/or regional ones then gives higher-level administration the expertise and insight to aid those local workers' councils with the much-needed benefits of cooperation by setting broad policy goals complementary to the local struggles.

Zam-Zam

Senator
so the court said Biden and the CDC can't extend the deadline. Now it is up to congress or the states.
My point was about leadership, or, rather, the lack of it.

When you're in charge, one is supposed to take ownership, not pass the buck.

It seems the President's primary concern was for his image.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
No !

Jared clearly said the supplies were theirs to decide what to do with as they pleased and not the states.

You remember, don't you.

Anyway this is one confusing thread.

Cons are both saying he did the right thing and attacking him for doing it.
Even though the courts prevented him from doing it and the congress didn't give him anything on which to act.
CDC gave SCOTUS the middle finger and extended the evictions until Oct. 3 after SCOTUS ruled CDC couldn't and didn't have the power to do it.

Congress went on vacation

middleview

President
Supporting Member
My point was about leadership, or, rather, the lack of it.

When you're in charge, one is supposed to take ownership, not pass the buck.

It seems the President's primary concern was for his image.
did you think that when Trump demonstrated masks were unnecessary?

Zam-Zam

Senator
did you think that when Trump demonstrated masks were unnecessary?
No.

I guess that means you must feel Biden's lack of leadership is indefensible, since you immediately swerved into the "But, but,...TRUMP!" lane.

Isn't it nice when we agree on something?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
No.

I guess that means you must feel Biden's lack of leadership is indefensible, since you immediately swerved into the "But, but,...TRUMP!" lane.

Isn't it nice when we agree on something?
How hypocritical can you get?
Trump showed leadership by telling people not to wear masks?

My point was about you.

The CDC has now extended the deadline.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Mass eviction is likewise a national disaster. And the states are competing both for cheap labor and for expelling the unemployed/underemployed. And Biden et al. are handling it this way because it means big bucks for the landlords, real estate developers, banks, organized crime, and cops.
If I own a condo and rent it to and you stop paying rent...how do I pay the mortgage?