• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

"Biden to speak on Social Security, Medicare as shortfalls loom and Republicans oppose tax hikes"

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Media challenge: Which of the major networks will contest Biden's remarks by asking him about his profligate SPENDING on items that are not SS or Medicare? ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NYT, LAT, WAPO, anyone?

So, Joe...opening the coffers to the tune of $400 Billion to very selectively forgive student loans (according to the CBO)...REDIRECTING and REDISTRIBUTING THAT COST to...guess who? Any Folks on Social Security or Medicare who will inherit that debt? Ya think? Will Joe mention this in his (yet another hyper-political, tribalist, 100%-election-tactical) address? Will media challenge him on it in real-time? Fact checks? Front page coverage? Press corps grilling? Yo...60 Minutes...you peeps need material?

Our politics is a joke. Our media are effectively 1979 Pravda. Bring on the breathless outrage, Joe. Extremists are wheeling granny off a cliff again, right?

EatTheRich

President
Media challenge: Which of the major networks will contest Biden's remarks by asking him about his profligate SPENDING on items that are not SS or Medicare? ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NYT, LAT, WAPO, anyone?

So, Joe...opening the coffers to the tune of $400 Billion to very selectively forgive student loans (according to the CBO)...REDIRECTING and REDISTRIBUTING THAT COST to...guess who? Any Folks on Social Security or Medicare who will inherit that debt? Ya think? Will Joe mention this in his (yet another hyper-political, tribalist, 100%-election-tactical) address? Will media challenge him on it in real-time? Fact checks? Front page coverage? Press corps grilling? Yo...60 Minutes...you peeps need material?

Our politics is a joke. Our media are effectively 1979 Pravda. Bring on the breathless outrage, Joe. Extremists are wheeling granny off a cliff again, right?
You think they’re gonna address “defense” spending or payments to bondholders? Please …

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Don't worry, the q-right wing plan is to take all the q right wing posters SS away, just ask Scott - amiright?

Then the 24/7/365 crowd will be flipping my hamburgers I produce ! YESSIR

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member

Biden and his army of darkness are a bunch of country destroying friggin idiots

write on

Senator

Privatize it just like a good plutocrat would, eh?

:rolleyes:

EatTheRich

President
Did Biden introduce those as new…in the same breath?

Do better, EatTheNonDemocrats
No, but they are the biggest sources of wasteful spending in the budget, and Biden has been cutting spending overall but not having much impact on the U.S.’s balance sheet since he hasn’t touched them.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
No, but they are the biggest sources of wasteful spending in the budget, and Biden has been cutting spending overall but not having much impact on the U.S.’s balance sheet since he hasn’t touched them.
Cool. But not the point of the OP. The point of the OP would be to note that Biden goes off half-cocked in yet another hyper-political diatribe while he himself is actively…CURRENTLY TRANSFERRING debt to those who subsist on SS and use Medicare (among others). And the media will simply make no such observations.

And - as is clear above - EVERY lefty threadjacked and dodged that point. Every one.

Jack4freedom

Governor

Well Rick, since he is the President, I will make it a point to listen to what he says. If it’s on during NfL game or an important Baseball game, I can catch it on tape. Now I warn you,, there is a pretty good chance that after his speech there will no doubt be a lot of people who will blast whatever he says and insist he is a moron who is destroying our country. That’s a given. But there will also be people who say that whatever he said was reasonable and that those who are attacking him are lying, exaggerating ass holes. I know it really upsets you when people don’t agree with your point of view and chime in, in support of Biden and many will even mention Trump in comparison. In the name of attempting to raise the level of discourse here it might be helpful not to get too upset or make snarky insults when this happens and try to stick to the topic.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Well Rick, since he is the President, I will make it a point to listen to what he says. If it’s on during NfL game or an important Baseball game, I can catch it on tape. Now I warn you,, there is a pretty good chance that after his speech there will no doubt be a lot of people who will blast whatever he says and insist he is a moron who is destroying our country. That’s a given. But there will also be people who say that whatever he said was reasonable and that those who are attacking him are lying, exaggerating ass holes. I know it really upsets you when people don’t agree with your point of view and chime in, in support of Biden and many will even mention Trump in comparison. In the name of attempting to raise the level of discourse here it might be helpful not to get too upset or make snarky insults when this happens and try to stick to the topic.
As noted, media will not raise what I raised here. While I was buried in labs and slaving away in Bagley (Chem building at the U-Dub)…these folks were presumably in Journalism school. So why is it that a simple Chemist can do their jobs better than they can?

Ridiculous.

Jack4freedom

Governor
As noted, media will not raise what I raised here. While I was buried in labs and slaving away in Bagley (Chem building at the U-Dub)…these folks were presumably in Journalism school. So why is it that a simple Chemist can do their jobs better than they can?

Ridiculous.
I think we have a fine crop of investigative journalists, columnists, anchors, and field tv reporters here in America. What used to be an hour a day business with three networks has turned into 24/7/365 on a dozen different channels. There are now several hundred if not thousands of veteran and young reporters here in the USA. I know a few kids of my friends who are recent graduates of journalism schools and they are very bright and inquisitive young men and women. I see, listen to and read the work of US reporters daily. I think we have a lot of talent out there. Perhaps you underestimate these graduates of excellent American journalism schools and veteran reporters here. With all due respect you seem to despise all politicians and media people and tend to consider yourself far superior to them.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
"cutting spending"

LMFAO

EatTheRich

President
Cool. But not the point of the OP. The point of the OP would be to note that Biden goes off half-cocked in yet another hyper-political diatribe while he himself is actively…CURRENTLY TRANSFERRING debt to those who subsist on SS and use Medicare (among others). And the media will simply make no such observations.

And - as is clear above - EVERY lefty threadjacked and dodged that point. Every one.
In what sense though? He has drastically CUT spending compared with the prior administration. And most of the remaining spending (military spending and debt servicing) are no-go areas for cuts under the capitalist system.

BTW: student loan forgiveness is a minuscule expenditure in relation to the overall budget.

Last edited:

EatTheRich

President
Social security is a ponzi scheme anyways.
Let's just end it. And then millennials can use the saving from not being the bottom layer of the pyramid to pay their student loans.
It's better plan than letting millenials pay into social security then get nothing.
Social security is not an investment program at all. There is no intrinsic relationship between benefits and payroll taxes. At its most fundamental level, social security is a safety net for the old and disabled, and the basis for a future cradle to grave welfare system.