• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

"Biden to speak on Social Security, Medicare as shortfalls loom and Republicans oppose tax hikes"

TBLee

Governor
Social security is not an investment program at all. There is no intrinsic relationship between benefits and payroll taxes. At its most fundamental level, social security is a safety net for the old and disabled, and the basis for a future cradle to grave welfare system.
He doesn’t care about the old or the disabled. He refers to them as “leeches on society”. But, you better pay off his student loans….

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Once again, you maturity level comes shining through. Go back to your sandbox with your shovel…
Explains why NO American women would have anything to do with the BOY and he had to order one from Cambodia, appears the student loan Joe promised has backfired and not happening as leeches hoped for :)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Social security is not an investment program at all. There is no intrinsic relationship between benefits and payroll taxes. At its most fundamental level, social security is a safety net for the old and disabled, and the basis for a future cradle to grave welfare system.
and paid for dearly with every paycheck for past 60+ years
es[ecially if self employed YOU pay double every paycheck
Nothing is Free

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I think we have a fine crop of investigative journalists, columnists, anchors, and field tv reporters here in America. What used to be an hour a day business with three networks has turned into 24/7/365 on a dozen different channels. There are now several hundred if not thousands of veteran and young reporters here in the USA. I know a few kids of my friends who are recent graduates of journalism schools and they are very bright and inquisitive young men and women. I see, listen to and read the work of US reporters daily. I think we have a lot of talent out there. Perhaps you underestimate these graduates of excellent American journalism schools and veteran reporters here. With all due respect you seem to despise all politicians and media people and tend to consider yourself far superior to them.
Generally speaking, most non-politicians ARE superior to politicians. I’ll also say that the caliber of mental acuity is fundamentally lower among those who are in fields like “Journalism”, “Sociology”, or “Psychology” relative to…say Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, etc. I admit my opinion freely in this regard and have written of it quite a lot here and elsewhere. My own experience - both while in school and post - is that the sorts who seek out humanities degrees are generally of lesser capacity. I hate to say it…but this was true of the VAST majority of students seeking “Education” degrees as well. As a student, I had to mentor/tutor many of them. Virtually any subject that has a single, correct, provable answer befuddled them. :-(

That said, politicians LIE…and likeminded, nearly unanimously SYMPATHETIC “journalists” abide these lies (and often abet them). In the case of the OP subject, “journalists” will ABIDE and DISSEMINATE WIDELY Biden’s hatchet job on his political opposition regarding Social Security and Medicare - and will CAREFULLY avoid any mention that Biden has and is directly adding to the debts/bills of SS and Medicare recipients this very moment. He is transferring debt - $420 Billion - from college borrowers to these very folks, among others. As contemporary and high-profile as this specific contrast is…one would think a “journalist” would raise the issue. It doesn’t rate. Ice cream scoop counts did - just a couple of years ago, but this doesn’t.

Because…Journalism.

The hell it doesn't
especially since you claim to be SO Rich

You going to have to repay boy, you signed the damn loan papers:)
I don't even think you read the links you post because it isn't income level that is disqualifying those people from student loan forgiveness.

EatTheRich

President
Right, which makes it a ponzi scheme.
No. It’s just an obligation, a debt, that the country’s billionaire rulers owe to the workers based on the social contract governing their work as historically established on the field of class struggle formalized through the collaboration of the Roosevelt Democrats and the union bosses to avoid overt class conflict by conceding to labor an irrevocable right to an old-age or disability pension.