• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Biden & Ukraine’s Poroshenko Phone Call Leaked; $1 Billion “Quid Pro Quo” Discussed

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. He put the word “transcript” in quotes and noted above that it is NOT a transcript, as did I.

I would love to hear the recording. Trump should release it.
I thought we got past this. Call it what you will. Numerous persons were present they didn't transcribe it oh, maybe they typed it, maybe they bongoed it, maybe they both smoke signals, maybe they tap Morse code on the piping in the White House. The point of the story being that there were numerous persons present and that it was written down in a form that was that are reviewed by NHS staff

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Anyway why are you boys down a rabbit hole? The topic in this thread is the actual recording Biden and the then president of Ukraine where the then president of Ukraine kowtows to biden's every demand, even going so far as to manipulate the Rada of Ukraine such that he gains of majority that in turn could force shokin out. quite a bit of desperate work considering for porohenko was who installed shokin.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I thought we got past this. Call it what you will. Numerous persons were present they didn't transcribe it oh, maybe they typed it, maybe they bongoed it, maybe they both smoke signals, maybe they tap Morse code on the piping in the White House. The point of the story being that there were numerous persons present and that it was written down in a form that was that are reviewed by NHS staff

Nah, I don’t think we should “call it what we will.” We should not call it a transcript when it is expressly not a transcript.

And why is this important? Because Trump defenders rail about any description of “the call” that is not taken verbatim from “the transcript,” is not words in the same sequence, etc. All of that carping is meaningless when it is recognized that the written account is not a transcript in the first place.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Anyway why are you boys down a rabbit hole? The topic in this thread is the actual recording Biden and the then president of Ukraine where the then president of Ukraine kowtows to biden's every demand, even going so far as to manipulate the Rada of Ukraine such that he gains of majority that in turn could force shokin out. quite a bit of desperate work considering for porohenko was who installed shokin.
Ending such corruption in Ukraine was the express goal of the US and the international community. Biden publicly advanced that goal.

And then we had Trump, who surreptitiously tried to shake down the Ukraine president into engaging in corruption for Trump’s political advantage.

Polar opposites.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, I don’t think we should “call it what we will.” We should not call it a transcript when it is expressly not a transcript.

And why is this important? Because Trump defenders rail about any description of “the call” that is not taken verbatim from “the transcript,” is not words in the same sequence, etc. All of that carping is meaningless when it is recognized that the written account is not a transcript in the first place.
Naturally... What was said is what you say was said...despite your .. not being present, not the one who recorded it, not being one of the two conversants who said it... You...you are correct...not them. Yep. All else are liars.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Naturally... What was said is what you say was said...despite your .. not being present, not the one who recorded it, not being one of the two conversants who said it... You...you are correct...not them. Yep. All else are liars.
Nope. I have no idea what was said verbatim. I wasn’t there and we have neither a transcript or a recording.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. I have no idea what was said verbatim. I wasn’t there and we have neither a transcript or a recording.
Okay then perhaps you and I should stop speaking on the topic cuz I was able to read what was written down by the NHS listen to the words both presidents draw my own conclusion on the realities of what occurred rather than making things up

Bugsy McGurk

President
Okay then perhaps you and I should stop speaking on the topic cuz I was able to read what was written down by the NHS listen to the words both presidents draw my own conclusion on the realities of what occurred rather than making things up
I think it’s fair to say that the gist of the shakedown is clear and undisputed - Trump demanded that Ukraine announce that it was investigating the Bidens and itself (for the election crimes committed by Russia), with military aid and a White House visit being withheld until Trump got what he demanded.

I simply commented on the carping about the precise words used on “the call,” and their sequence, when we have neither a transcript or a recording.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. The recording that was linked to was long after Shokin was gone.
2. They are talking about nationalizing a bank. The bank was incredibly corrupt and the only way to save it was to remove the bank officers responsible for the corrupt practices and nationalize it with capital guaranteed by the US. As it stood most of it's loan portfolio was to relatives of bank officers. Some was to companies that didn't even exist.
3. Shokin insists he was going to interview Hunter Biden...but Biden insisted Shokin be removed from office in December 2015. He was voted out in March. When was the interview going to take place? Would a plan for an interview seem all that threatening to you?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I think it’s fair to say that the gist of the shakedown is clear and undisputed - Trump demanded that Ukraine announce that it was investigating the Bidens and itself (for the election crimes committed by Russia), with military aid and a White House visit being withheld until Trump got what he demanded.

I simply commented on the carping about the precise words used on “the call,” and their sequence, when we have neither a transcript or a recording.
It's very much disputed. There were hearings and everything

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
1. The recording that was linked to was long after Shokin was gone.
2. They are talking about nationalizing a bank. The bank was incredibly corrupt and the only way to save it was to remove the bank officers responsible for the corrupt practices and nationalize it with capital guaranteed by the US. As it stood most of it's loan portfolio was to relatives of bank officers. Some was to companies that didn't even exist.
3. Shokin insists he was going to interview Hunter Biden...but Biden insisted Shokin be removed from office in December 2015. He was voted out in March. When was the interview going to take place? Would a plan for an interview seem all that threatening to you?
1. Huh?? He was updating Biden on contemporaneous activity as relates his garnering sufficient support in the Rada. No?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. Huh?? He was updating Biden on contemporaneous activity as relates his garnering sufficient support in the Rada. No?
What, exactly, did you hear in the 30 minutes of recording that you think indicates anything illegal or even unethical?