• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Bidens EPA Poisons Town

Zam-Zam

Senator
I know we are all sick of the non-stop coverage of the train derailment in Ohio where in a controlled release our esteemed EPA has now poisoned a community....oh wait...

Sorry there is no non-stop coverage of this, the EPA may screw up all it wants as long as a Democrat is in the White House.......

Remember when Obama's EPA poisoned a river in CO?

So why would we be suprised if the EPA poisons a community and our MSM ... nowhere to be found really.... if Trump was still President it would be 24/7....Just as if the mine spill that happened on Obama's watch had taken place under Bush....

Membership has it's benefits.

How bad is this disaster?

Bad enough, at least, to get Erin Brockovich's attention:

Erin Brockovich: East Palestine a disaster ‘like one I’ve never seen’

...“I’ve been doing this for 30 years now, and the lack of information that has not been given to these people, that they’ve been almost left here, not knowing what’s going on, where to go, what to do, who to turn to, their fear — I mean, all of it feels very remnant, to me, of what happened in Hinkley,” Brockovich told CNN.

Complete text: Erin Brockovich: East Palestine a disaster ‘like one I’ve never seen’ | The Hill

From what I've read, it sounds like it may be a bigger deal than perhaps some would lead you to believe.

While it is receiving some attention from the press, a fair argument could be made that it is disproportionally small given the potential long-term impact. This might be the environmental disaster of a generation.

How bad is this disaster?

Bad enough, at least, to get Erin Brockovich's attention:

Erin Brockovich: East Palestine a disaster ‘like one I’ve never seen’

...“I’ve been doing this for 30 years now, and the lack of information that has not been given to these people, that they’ve been almost left here, not knowing what’s going on, where to go, what to do, who to turn to, their fear — I mean, all of it feels very remnant, to me, of what happened in Hinkley,” Brockovich told CNN.

Complete text: Erin Brockovich: East Palestine a disaster ‘like one I’ve never seen’ | The Hill

From what I've read, it sounds like it may be a bigger deal than perhaps some would lead you to believe.

While it is receiving some attention from the press, a fair argument could be made that it is disproportionally small given the potential long-term impact. This might be the environmental disaster of a generation.
It would by nice if the MSM paid more attention to this but I have zero faith in them.

I just want to see people held responsible, the Railroad of course being A1 but also the officials State and Federal who for whatever reason (my guess is because it was cheaper) just to try and burn everything off.......dirt poor rural community, who cares burn it off release the toxic cloud.....f-ck'em!.....

No jobs have been lost, Mayor Pete was nowhere to be found....... people need to be fired.

I just want the failing up to stop, something the Gov't has turned into an art form.

Zam-Zam

Senator
It would by nice if the MSM paid more attention to this but I have zero faith in them.

I just want to see people held responsible, the Railroad of course being A1 but also the officials State and Federal who for whatever reason (my guess is because it was cheaper) just to try and burn everything off.......dirt poor rural community, who cares burn it off release the toxic cloud.....f-ck'em!.....

No jobs have been lost, Mayor Pete was nowhere to be found....... people need to be fired.

I just want the failing up to stop, something the Gov't has turned into an art form.
This is a horrible situation for the people of Ohio. I hope the government is more concerned about the clean-up than they are about the PR, but I have my doubts.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I know we are all sick of the non-stop coverage of the train derailment in Ohio where in a controlled release our esteemed EPA has now poisoned a community....oh wait...

Sorry there is no non-stop coverage of this, the EPA may screw up all it wants as long as a Democrat is in the White House.......

Remember when Obama's EPA poisoned a river in CO?

So why would we be suprised if the EPA poisons a community and our MSM ... nowhere to be found really.... if Trump was still President it would be 24/7....Just as if the mine spill that happened on Obama's watch had taken place under Bush....

Membership has it's benefits.
You blame Biden. Why is that? What part did the governor of the state play? How about the Ohio EPA?

Two days after the train derailed on Feb. 3, DeWine was presented with two “bad options”: Either move forward with the controlled release, or let the fire burn until it died out — if it didn’t explode before then, which was highly likely — his spokesman, Dan Tierney, told The Washington Post.

“It was not an option between [controlled] release or no release,” Tierney said. “It was an option between controlled release or an uncontrolled explosion with shrapnel.”
DeWine said the decision to move forward with the controlled release ultimately came up to him and the town’s fire chief, and he still stands by it.
“When I arrived there that morning, we had a long conversation trying to determine the risk of doing the controlled release versus the risk of doing nothing and waiting,” DeWine said during a Friday news conference. “It was a balancing test.”

You blame Biden. Why is that? What part did the governor of the state play? How about the Ohio EPA?

Two days after the train derailed on Feb. 3, DeWine was presented with two “bad options”: Either move forward with the controlled release, or let the fire burn until it died out — if it didn’t explode before then, which was highly likely — his spokesman, Dan Tierney, told The Washington Post.

“It was not an option between [controlled] release or no release,” Tierney said. “It was an option between controlled release or an uncontrolled explosion with shrapnel.”
DeWine said the decision to move forward with the controlled release ultimately came up to him and the town’s fire chief, and he still stands by it.
“When I arrived there that morning, we had a long conversation trying to determine the risk of doing the controlled release versus the risk of doing nothing and waiting,” DeWine said during a Friday news conference. “It was a balancing test.”

Gosh, I am shocked as you once again rush to make something OK.....what a surprise......

I'm sure if Trump were still President you would be just as quick to protect the White House......:rolleyes:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Gosh, I am shocked as you once again rush to make something OK.....what a surprise......

I'm sure if Trump were still President you would be just as quick to protect the White House......:rolleyes:
Not quite as shocked as I was when you ignored the facts so you could blame Biden.

Find a post of mine where I blamed Trump for something that was the fault of someone else....as you did here, blaming Biden for Dewine's decision.

Zam-Zam

Senator

I would not blame Bide for the train wreck any more than I would blame Bush for Katrina. I hold both administrations accountable, however for their response to those disasters.

I personally find this administrations response to be, at best, tepid. Governor DeWine understandably petitioned the Federal government for disaster assistance and was flatly refused. The President, eager to visit Kyiv, has stated he has no plans to visit East Palestine. Nor send the Vice-President. EPA Chief Pete Buttigieg couldn't be bothered for three weeks before he finally consented to make a trip to Ohio...He promptly blamed everything on Norfolk Southern and offered little else. Whether or not the rail carrier deserves all the blame or not is hardly the point (though it seems to be this administration's main point), as it brings no comfort to the people of Ohio and Pennsylvania. What is needed from this administration is less finger-pointing and more action.

Holding this administration responsible for its response to the tragedy in Ohio is not only fair, it is entirely appropriate.

For those whose only concern that the President never be held accountable for anything ever, we can expect vigorous disagreement. So be it.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I would not blame Bide for the train wreck any more than I would blame Bush for Katrina. I hold both administrations accountable, however for their response to those disasters.

I personally find this administrations response to be, at best, tepid. Governor DeWine understandably petitioned the Federal government for disaster assistance and was flatly refused. The President, eager to visit Kyiv, has stated he has no plans to visit East Palestine. Nor send the Vice-President. EPA Chief Pete Buttigieg couldn't be bothered for three weeks before he finally consented to make a trip to Ohio...He promptly blamed everything on Norfolk Southern and offered little else. Whether or not the rail carrier deserves all the blame or not is hardly the point (though it seems to be this administration's main point), as it brings no comfort to the people of Ohio and Pennsylvania. What is needed from this administration is less finger-pointing and more action.

Holding this administration responsible for its response to the tragedy in Ohio is not only fair, it is entirely appropriate.

For those whose only concern that the President never be held accountable for anything ever, we can expect vigorous disagreement. So be it.
I pointed out who made the decision to do the release of the flammable and explosive chemicals from the train and to attempt a "controlled" burn. It was a state matter, not federal. DeWine admitted the decision and says it was either the burn or an uncontrolled explosion.

That flies in the face of blaming Biden. Tell me why it should have become a federal matter. If you want to blame Biden for the US EPA not taking control, ok...

Zam-Zam

Senator
I pointed out who made the decision to do the release of the flammable and explosive chemicals from the train and to attempt a "controlled" burn. It was a state matter, not federal. DeWine admitted the decision and says it was either the burn or an uncontrolled explosion.

That flies in the face of blaming Biden. Tell me why it should have become a federal matter. If you want to blame Biden for the US EPA not taking control, ok...
I did not blame the "controlled burn" on Biden, nor, in fact, anyone. Ergo, that is a non sequitur.

I did and do hold Biden accountable for his administration's response. Every individual point I made in my post remains unchallenged. They are factual and correct.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I did not blame the "controlled burn" on Biden, nor, in fact, anyone. Ergo, that is a non sequitur.

I did and do hold Biden accountable for his administration's response. Every individual point I made in my post remains unchallenged. They are factual and correct.
My post was in response to @Sickofleft and he did blame Biden. Please look back at the thread title and top post.

"BIDEN'S EPA POISONS TOWN"

Zam-Zam

Senator
You replied to my post in reply to @Sickofleft ...#29.
Yes. And I said this:

I would not blame Biden for the train wreck any more than I would blame Bush for Katrina. I hold both administrations accountable, however for their response to those disasters.

I then proceeded to outline the deficiencies in the current administration's response efforts, such as they are.

None of which are in dispute.

All good now?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yes. And I said this:

I would not blame Biden for the train wreck any more than I would blame Bush for Katrina. I hold both administrations accountable, however for their response to those disasters.

I then proceeded to outline the deficiencies in the current administration's response efforts, such as they are.

None of which are in dispute.

All good now?
Really? You call your post an outline of deficiencies? It was a matter of state vs federal responsibility.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I stand by it.

You have disputed none of it.

So here we are.
I have disputed whether or not it should be a federal disaster. I have disputed your putting blame on Biden for the response to a localized disaster that brought the Ohio EPA (a state agency) and the railroad to that small town in Ohio.

PS. Holding someone responsible is certainly blaming them.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I have disputed whether or not it should be a federal disaster. I have disputed your putting blame on Biden for the response to a localized disaster that brought the Ohio EPA (a state agency) and the railroad to that small town in Ohio.

PS. Holding someone responsible is certainly blaming them.
Trains...Interstate Commerce...The Interstate Commerce Commission...A federal US regulatory agency. Ditto the EPA.

This is not merely a local issue.

A false premise if ever there was one.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Trains...Interstate Commerce...The Interstate Commerce Commission...A federal US regulatory agency. Ditto the EPA.

This is not merely a local issue.

A false premise if ever there was one.
The Ohio EPA is a state agency.

If a car wreck happens on an interstate high way, who responds? When it snows in Ohio is it the federal government that sends snow plows?

The federal EPA is involved in removing contaminated soil and water to out of state facilities to be destroyed or contained safely. The railroad is responsible for the cleanup and the Federal EPA is overseeing their efforts.