• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Blacks now SUING colleges that use the SAT or ACT in admissions!!!

Same tired claim that the tests are "culturally biased towards whites" even though asians do better on these tests than whites do!!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sat-scores-university-of-california-requiring-sat-test-for-admission-violates-civil-rights-lawsuit-2019-12-10/

dec 10 2019 The University of California is being sued for requiring incoming students to take the SAT and ACT. The lawsuit claims that the tests have a well-known "discriminatory effect" and "exacerbate the inequities" for underrepresented students.

The lawsuit says the University of California (UC) is legally obligated to provide equal access to all students. The SAT and ACT, the lawsuit says, "reflect demographic and socioeconomic characteristics like family income, parental education and race" instead of measuring "academic ability or mastery of curriculum."

The College Board, the organization behind the SAT, released a 2019 assessment of the SAT/PSAT in California that found 45% of white students scored 1,200 or above, while 12% of Latinx students and 9% of Black students got the same score. Parental education levels were also directly related to student scores — only 21% of test-takers whose parents did not receive a high school diploma met SAT benchmarks while 77% of those whose parents have graduate degrees met benchmarks.

Blacks do awful on all standardized tests. It's also the case that

1. Africa is by far the poorest and most backward continent on the planet. All of black africa is now controlled by blacks and has been for decades so it's not due to racism.

2. No black has ever won a Science Nobel Prize unless you count one in 1979 for the semi-science of economics. They have won many nobels in non-brain fields like Peace and also in Literature so it is not due to racism.

3. Out of 1552 chess grandmasters in the world, only THREE are black.

Jen

Senator
Same tired claim that the tests are "culturally biased towards whites" even though asians do better on these tests than whites do!!
I am not a fan of the SAT or ACT. But my daughter taught freshman English/Comp at the University of Oklahoma for 3 years and she said kids coming into college were ill-prepared for her class. So if those tests and other competency tests are omitted, we should expect to have illiterate morons going through our colleges. Hey..........if they can pay or get someone to pay for their "fun" (it surely won't be learning)......... have at it.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I am not a fan of the SAT or ACT. But my daughter taught freshman English/Comp at the University of Oklahoma for 3 years and she said kids coming into college were ill-prepared for her class. So if those tests and other competency tests are omitted, we should expect to have illiterate morons going through our colleges. Hey..........if they can pay or get someone to pay for their "fun" (it surely won't be learning)......... have at it.

Have. Not expect.