• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Blood on Cuomo's hands.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
We saw what happened when this virus got on a ship with its cramped quarters and high density of people.
Hotels are closer to nursing homes than hospital ships are. You can surely isolate someone in a hotel a lot easier than you could on a ship. Would a patient on a ship have their own room and restroom as well ?
If you only used it as a "step down" facility for recovering covid-19 patients who were being discharged from acute care facilities. and let them finish their recovery there with other recovering covid-19 patients, rather than sending them to a long term care facility where they would be intermingled with non-covid-19 patients, the "cramped quarters" argument is moot. This isn't rocket science. But I only worked for 20 years in hospital administration, so what do I know. Obviously Cuomo is way smarter than me.

TBLee

Governor
There were hospitals on land. That ship was supposed to treat NON covid patients.

Isolation is not something a hospital is supposed to do. A hotel would be much better suited to keep someone away from others for their quarantine period. Then they could have been taken from Trump fleece joints to a regular nursing home.
You are wrong. Of course hospitals do isolation. NO excuses for what Cuomo did. By sending the elderly, sick patients back into those nursing homes and NOT providing the PPE necessary to protect the staff and residents he failed all of them. Cuomo is guilty.

Raoul_Luke

There were hospitals on land. That ship was supposed to treat NON covid patients.

Isolation is not something a hospital is supposed to do. A hotel would be much better suited to keep someone away from others for their quarantine period. Then they could have been taken from Trump fleece joints to a regular nursing home.
How many did it end up treating?

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Please don't derail, this is not a trump thread. Thank you for your kind understanding.
And it's not your thread. If Reason 10 thinks there is a problem, then Reason 10 can say so. So please don't try to derail pretending you have a say in what this thread is about. I'll extend the olive branch, which if agree with the premise of the thread of the blunders of Cuomo which left blood on his hands, then it's extended. But otherwise you and your liberal friends should shut up.

Drumcollie

It's sad that all you and Cuomo can do is make up crap.

Isolation units in hospitals
isolation unit. A hospital unit in which patients suffering from communicable diseases may be separated from other patients.
Isolation unit | definition of isolation unit by Medical ...

medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/isolation+unit

Of course hospitals don't do Isolation...lol. Geez!

Bugsy McGurk

President
Still it doesn't explain Cuomo's fatal decision...Why did he mandate patients with Covid-19 to be with high risk elderly.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday the ship's arrival means his city is "going to be able to do the life-saving work right now,” as “750 beds will be put into play immediately to relieve the pressure on our hospital system.”

USNS Comfort hospital ship arrives in New York harbor amid ...

The mandate was the 25th and the ship arrived ready on the 30th according DeBlasio, that could have saved thousands.
Again, where do you think infected nursing home patients should have gone in lieu of nursing homes?

Bugsy McGurk

President
If you only used it as a "step down" facility for recovering covid-19 patients who were being discharged from acute care facilities. and let them finish their recovery there with other recovering covid-19 patients, rather than sending them to a long term care facility where they would be intermingled with non-covid-19 patients, the "cramped quarters" argument is moot. This isn't rocket science. But I only worked for 20 years in hospital administration, so what do I know. Obviously Cuomo is way smarter than me.
I seem to remember you demanding this when the Navy was saying they would only accept non-COVID patients.

Just kidding!

;-)

Spamature

President
Why is cramped quarter moot ? Isn't that where the virus spreads best ?

Spamature

President
You are wrong. Of course hospitals do isolation. NO excuses for what Cuomo did. By sending the elderly, sick patients back into those nursing homes and NOT providing the PPE necessary to protect the staff and residents he failed all of them. Cuomo is guilty.
Well if someone hadn't ignored the "bare cupboards" and instead spent lavishly on useless wall to keep diseases out. Then maybe there would have been enough PPE.

If blood 7000 are on Cuomo's hand then the blood of the current 100k and the coming untold number of dead or disabled are on the hands of the fool who not only did not prepare, but the same fool who activitely dismantled our ability to respond quickly.

But he's doing the best he can and the media still picks on him, Whaaaa !

Spamature

President
It's sad that all you and Cuomo can do is make up crap.

isolation unit. A hospital unit in which patients suffering from communicable diseases may be separated from other patients.
View attachment 52100

Of course hospitals don't do Isolation...lol. Geez!
Not in the numbers and for the amount of time they would have needed to be quarantined.

How are you people not getting this. The hospital were swamped just trying to save lives. Which is the reason they had to be sent to the nursing homes in the first place.

OMG.... You really needed someone to tell you that, eh ?

Drumcollie

Again, where do you think infected nursing home patients should have gone in lieu of nursing homes?
Isolation...Like in Hospitals

Where the hell did you think they should go In a place where you keep high risk places?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Isolation...Like in Hospitals

View attachment 52102

Where the hell did you think they should go In a place where you keep high risk places?
I’m sure you checked on the availability of such “isolation units” for the elderly in NY before yapping about them

Let’s see your research.

Raoul_Luke

I seem to remember you demanding this when the Navy was saying they would only accept non-COVID patients.

Just kidding!

;-)
Well yes, it is a really really good idea, so thanks for admitting that. You think it just suddenly dawned on me? As soon as I learned of the decimation of nursing home residents, my first thought was - why would you not keep them isolated by designating some facilities covid-only?

It wasn't my decision to make, and I wasn't aware that they were instead sending them into nursing homes without any plans whatsoever to isolate them. If I had been the one making the decision instead of Cuomo. that's how I would have handled it. In New York, they had these ready made solutions in the ship and Javits center, neither of which was used, and Cuomo, the savior of the democratic party, looks like a complete dunce for handling it the way he did.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Well yes, it is a really really good idea, so thanks for admitting that. You think it just suddenly dawned on me? As soon as I learned of the decimation of nursing home residents, my first thought was - why would you not keep them isolated by designating some facilities covid-only?

It wasn't my decision to make, and I wasn't aware that they were instead sending them into nursing homes without any plans whatsoever to isolate them. If I had been the one making the decision instead of Cuomo. that's how I would have handled it. In New York, they had these ready made solutions in the ship and Javits center, neither of which was used, and Cuomo, the savior of the democratic party, looks like a complete dunce for handling it the way he did.
Then your beef should be with the Navy - they refused to accept COVID patients on the Comfort until the crisis peak had passed.

Bottom line - like most wingers you’re good at carping, but you don’t propose a viable alternative.