• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Bloomberg: "A Trump for the rest of us"!

Boca

Governor
Intends to buy the presidency. As far as the media doesn't seem to care. Beware the wolf dressed in bling.
And why not, he bought his third term as NYC Mayor. Like most states and cities there was a two term limit for Mayor in NYC, but an exception by the powers that existed he got a shot for another term. Don't know what it cost him.

DeBlasio only gets two. But he's not a billionaire.

Last edited:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
And why not, he bought his third term as NYC Mayor. Like most states and cities there was a two term limit for Mayor in NYC, but an exception by the powers that existed he got a shot for another term.

DeBlasio only gets two. He's not a billionaire.
I just think it's funny. One out if touch billionaire in exchange for another

Spamature

President
Intends to buy the presidency. As far as the media doesn't seem to care. Beware the wolf dressed in bling.

A smart, actual billionaire, racist, Republican might be even more dangerous that the racist lunatic we have now.

Our electoral system needs a top to bottom overhaul. Suckering the uniformed and/or buying off people to get into the Presidency becomes the norm it might be the end of us.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
A smart, actual billionaire, racist, Republican might be even more dangerous that the racist lunatic we have now.

Our electoral system needs a top to bottom overhaul. Suckering the uniformed and/or buying off people to get into the Presidency becomes the norm it might be the end of us.
why just uniformed people? :confused:

I did do that. Sure, I never said that, but my powers of mental telepathy are awesome.

:)
You asked about Dem voters, of which you are one. I merely pointed out your fellow Dem voters not only elected a KKK sheet-wearing racist piece of sh!t, but continue to enthusiastically support him.

Since you've never said anything to the contrary, I logically conclude you support him as well.

Bugsy McGurk

President
You asked about Dem voters, of which you are one. I merely pointed out your fellow Dem voters not only elected a KKK sheet-wearing racist piece of sh!t, but continue to enthusiastically support him.

Since you've never said anything to the contrary, I logically conclude you support him as well.
Yes, unidentified “fellow Dem voters” did that, but don’t discount the effect of my awesome mental telepathy.

;-)

Spamature

President
then we shouldnt be supporting anyone then, should we....?
I am saying that having self funding billionaires using their wealth to propagandize the public into becoming our leaders is a real danger and almost certainly not what was intended. Especially with the precedent set by Trump when it came to divesting themselves from their own financial fortunes. And I mean "fortunes" as in their futures, not just money itself.

I am saying that having self funding billionaires using their wealth to propagandize the public into becoming our leaders is a real danger and almost certainly not what was intended. Especially with the precedent set by Trump when it came to divesting themselves from their own financial fortunes. And I mean "fortunes" as in their futures, not just money itself.

Does Bloomie have a family he can set up like Don did? A personal lawyer or three to run his extralegal scams perhaps?

Note how an ostensibly free people fawns all over a corrupt aristocracy.

Spamature

President
Does Bloomie have a family he can set up like Don did? A personal lawyer or three to run his extralegal scams perhaps?

Note how an ostensibly free people fawns all over a corrupt aristocracy.
You can bet that guy has an army of operatives behind the scenes and they are the best his billions could by. After all he got a 3rd term as NY mayor when the law said you only get 2. Instead of being on picket lines, all of a sudden the activist and politicians who were against him gettin one were on bank lines cashing donation checks and he sailed right through to a 3rd term.

Some say the tv show the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous was the beginning of the con job that has lead to our fawning over these people.

Last edited:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

yet...it's not without precedent.... (that is...rich persons vying for the presidency)..

Spamature

President
yet...it's not without precedent.... (that is...rich persons vying for the presidency)..

Bloomberg could buy all of them with just what he is willing to spend to get the office.

That kind of wealth combined with being smart and having the power of the Presidency is not anything we've ever seen. That threat alone almost makes the case that there should even be people with that kind of money and almost certainly makes the case that the system is vulnerable to the oversized influence it can buy in our politics should it be at the personal disposal of the leader of our nation.

We aren't talking about the petty anti grifting we see currently. It's bad enough that a few hundred thousand can get a hundred million in govt contracts steered your way or a million can get a law that allows you to round up humans and put them in cages for profit. There is a danger that enough wealth someday might get you an enteral leader who can pass down the office and its power through lineage .

Then we are right back where we started like it never existed.

Remember, it was never guaranteed :

IF YOU CAN KEEP IT....

Hoover is the only actual guy on that list who made his own fortune.

If his experience at being a mining engineer gave him the wherewithal to make those mine purchases.

Last edited: