• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Bloomberg on Tape Mocking Agriculture and Factory Jobs

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Speaking at a tech conference...

“The agrarian society lasted 3,000 years and we could teach processes. I could teach anybody, even people in this room, no offense intended, to be a farmer,”
“It’s a process. You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn. You could learn that. Then we had 300 years of the industrial society. You put the piece of metal on the lathe, you turn the crank in the direction of the arrow and you can have a job.

There you have it deplorabl.. I mean.. non-coastal elite Americans. Your meager jobs are simple and for the dumb, those who cannot be as great as us in this room...

Now that's an elitist. Sounds like he doesn't much value major aspects of major segments of American growth.

FakeName

Governor

“The agrarian society lasted 3,000 years and we could teach processes. I could teach anybody, even people in this room, no offense intended, to be a farmer,”
“It’s a process. You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn. You could learn that. Then we had 300 years of the industrial society. You put the piece of metal on the lathe, you turn the crank in the direction of the arrow and you can have a job.

There you have it deplorabl.. I mean.. non-coastal elite Americans. Your meager jobs are simple and for the dumb, those who cannot be as great as us in this room...

Now that's an elitist. Sounds like he doesn't much value major aspects of major segments of American growth.
Is what he said false?

Which part?

voyager

4Q2247365

It's like Dubya saying the Constitution is just a piece of paper.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Is what he said false?

Which part?
I think it was pretty clearly condescending and mocking, simplifying something that actually is quite more complex than he makes it out to be. Both of those industries are high tech in themselves.

I mean, what if GWB was like "Those tech guys who just sit around punch numbers in on their keyboards, anybody can be taught that"...

It would be condescending to that industry. And it's not just about Bloomberg lifting his nose to these multiple industries, you have to consider the context that a Democrat is saying it towards two industries that overall align more with independent, individualistic Conservative principles. It has added significance.

American factory work and agriculture are good for our country and the morality of human rights on the planet. Better for us to do it then outsourced to China where people work in horrible conditions for basically dirt. By these words, it appears Bloomberg doesn't much respect all those rust belt, farmland "flyover states". And, that's exactly the same thing that led to Hillary's loss.

I guess the question Bloomberg has to ask himself is...

Does he have middle America wrong? Or are they just still dumb, self sustaining people who aren't to be considered in the direction of the country...

I hope he doubles down and continues to show his apparent disdain for the Great Lakes, the Great Plains, etc. We sure didn't appreciate Hillary's, and Bloomberg's probably wouldn't resonate either.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
It's like Dubya saying the Constitution is just a piece of paper.

oooo a quote from DemocratUnderground ! 'Eyeroll'

And it didn't happen

You still falling for that ? sheesh

This is all on tape- genius.

FakeName

Governor
I think it was pretty clearly condescending and mocking, simplifying something that actually is quite more complex than he makes it out to be. Both of those industries are high tech in themselves.

I mean, what if GWB was like "Those tech guys who just sit around punch numbers in on their keyboards, anybody can be taught that"...

It would be condescending to that industry. And it's not just about Bloomberg lifting his nose to these multiple industries, you have to consider the context that a Democrat is saying it towards two industries that overall align more with independent, individualistic Conservative principles. It has added significance.

American factory work and agriculture are good for our country and the morality of human rights on the planet. Better for us to do it then outsourced to China where people work in horrible conditions for basically dirt. By these words, it appears Bloomberg doesn't much respect all those rust belt, farmland "flyover states". And, that's exactly the same thing that led to Hillary's loss.

Does he have middle America wrong? Or are they just still dumb, self sustaining people who aren't to be considered in the direction of the country...

I hope he doubles down and continues to show his apparent disdain for the Great Lakes, the Great Plains, etc. We sure didn't appreciate Hillary's, and Bloomberg's probably wouldn't resonate either.
Most of my neighbors are farmers.....higher education is unecessary. a few have AG science degrees but will tell you it wasn't necessary, a waste of money.

Tech on the other hand relies heavily on advanced education.

That was his point.

is it false?

FakeName

Governor

by the way, you called midwesterners "self sustaining".....I realize that is the myth but you know it is false right?

Colorforms

Senator

The level of ignorance and arrogance it takes to make such a statement is staggering.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
by the way, you called midwesterners "self sustaining".....I realize that is the myth but you know it is false right?
I insinuated that people who run farms and work 40 hour work weeks at factories are able to provide for themselves.

Thus, self-sustaining. Not on welfare.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Most of my neighbors are farmers.....higher education is unecessary. a few have AG science degrees but will tell you it wasn't necessary, a waste of money.

That was his point.

is it false?
I know what he was trying to say, but he threw in an obvious pot shot at other glaringly important sectors of the country. He didn't simply state how they differ, he insinuated that they were superior.. and it was pretty obvious.

If we're going to talk about personal experiences, some of the dumbest people I know have the highest of degrees from universities. Leftist elitists enjoy trying to shift discussion to "Higher degree = smarter, more capable"... but that's laughably false as a broad brush stroke across life. Knowledge isn't the ultimate decider of how "smart" someone is, that would be wisdom.

For instance, just imagine if the power went out for a week. Most of these "dumb" farmers would be fine, and all of the prissy tech gurus wouldn't know how to function.

write on

Senator

You seem to be making something out of nothing.

Bloomberg has no chance of getting the nomination.

And he knows it.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
You seem to be making something out of nothing.

Bloomberg has no chance of getting the nomination.

And he knows it.
I have no idea who will win the nomination for the Dems, it's quite interesting.

It'll be interesting to see what money buys. Bloomberg is spending more than any candidate in history has. It's as if every other ad on Youtube and such are Bloomberg ads.

I've never seen one candidate spend so much (nor has anyone else).

If he's got nothin', who do you think has a chance?

FakeName

Governor
I insinuated that people who run farms and work 40 hour work weeks at factories are able to provide for themselves.

Thus, self-sustaining. Not on welfare.
Farm subsidies are massive welfare.

And people who work in factories often fall below the poverty line and qualify for food stamps, Medicaid etc.

Fact: Blue states contribute more to federal coffers than they get in return, Red states take more than they contribute.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

That was his point.

is it false?
Tell readers how to set concaves on a combine to harvest wheat........then corn and finally soybeans________GO

While posting your knowledge, what rpm's do you run the fans_________GO

Tell readers all about 'auto-steer'..............GO

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Farm subsidies are massive welfare.
Question: Do you think there is no vested interest for the American Government to have people be able to provide food?

And..

Do you think the American Government would be able to just pick up the hobby and run farms better than farmers?

FakeName

Governor
I know what he was trying to say, but he threw in an obvious pot shot at other glaringly important sectors of the country. He didn't simply state how they differ, he insinuated that they were superior.. and it was pretty obvious.

If we're going to talk about personal experiences, some of the dumbest people I know have the highest of degrees from universities. Leftist elitists enjoy trying to shift discussion to "Higher degree = smarter, more capable"... but that's laughably false as a broad brush stroke across life. Knowledge isn't the ultimate decider of how "smart" someone is, that would be wisdom.

For instance, just imagine if the power went out for a week. Most of these "dumb" farmers would be fine, and all of the prissy tech gurus wouldn't know how to function.
I think the tech experts would contribute far more to fixing an electrical grid than farmers would.