• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Books - April 2022

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
It's been a while since I've done any book reviews. I'm back with two quick ones.

The Doomsday Calculation: How an Equation that Predicts the Future Is Transforming Everything We Know About Life and the Universe by William Poundstone

Here's an article about it:

Seems ridiculous on the face of it. An interesting book. Is humanity going to be extinct within the next 760 years? Read the book and you make your prediction. I enjoyed this book far more than I thought I would.

-----------

Zero Fail: The Rise and Fall of the Secret Service by Carol Leonnig

This one is an in-depth examination of the inner workings of the Secret Service bureaucracy and it's history primarily since 1963. It will probably piss you off with the level of back-stabbing, ass-kissing , favor trading, drunkenness and sexual misbehaviors and overall incompetence of the organization. The author got a lot of inside information from anonymous agents that were appalled by what was going on. It's a well documented book that ought to scare the crap out of you.

It also reveals the thoughts of the agents regarding the various Presidents and first ladies. You've got the Presidents that used the SS for their own personal benefit (LBJ, Nixon and Trump), ones that used the SS to cover up their personal exploits (JFK, Clinton), nice guys that really didn't abuse the service (Ford, Reagan, Carter, both Bushes, Obama) etc.

I had this book sitting around for a while and just read it. Definitely worth your time.

Any of you guys read anything interesting? Let us all know.