• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Boomers are causing home inflation - they need to quit their jobs and die . . . sez CBS news . . .

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
And fear breeds contempt. Even hatred.
That comment will no doubt be lost on some here on PJ. It's something we see almost on a daily basis.
Being nasty to other posters b/c one disagrees is a pathetic/unchristian way to debate or go through life.
Somewhere I've read, a kind word turns away wrath. :)

Zam-Zam

Senator
That comment will no doubt be lost on some here on PJ. It's something we see almost on a daily basis.
Being nasty to other posters b/c one disagrees is a pathetic/unchristian way to debate or go through life.

We all could do a little better. Some have no interest in that, sadly.

To my way of thinking, if the reply is in the nature of an ad hominem, the poster is either lacking a legitimate counterargument of the skill set required to present one.

Anyway, I believe the top poster deserves better.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Why don’t you think right wing lies are “due hostility”? The screed is about “CBS saying” something they didn’t say. Why do you support such lies?
The only people interested in your constant, iron-clad-certain DNC propaganda are your fellow PJ extremist leftists, Bugsy. You are preaching to those fellow cultists and no others. No one pays attention to your servile blather.

It’s a shame more of you can’t author posts like ASOT - typically non-abusive, generally critiquing both major parties, and well-written. You folks lack wit and humility, so that’s a non-starter. Have a nice day.

Bugsy McGurk

President
The only people interested in your constant, iron-clad-certain DNC propaganda are your fellow PJ extremist leftists, Bugsy. You are preaching to those fellow cultists and no others. No one pays attention to your servile blather.

It’s a shame more of you can’t author posts like ASOT - typically non-abusive, generally critiquing both major parties, and well-written. You folks lack wit and humility, so that’s a non-starter. Have a nice day.
Note how you label it “DNC propaganda” to call out a lie. Like most GOP cultists, you find nothing wrong with lying. But again, you support only those lies that boost your GOP cult.

You people are incredibly strange.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

I've found the best medicine for such a disease is to ignore it and the disease can't handle that while seeking it's leftist attention.

Drives the disease wacky

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Normal, well-adjusted person: So…you feel entitled to inherited, hand-me-down ladders built by others, eh? Too good to get your hands dirty building your own, eh? Too deeply rooted in an overarching ideology predicated on profound dependency, eh? A shame, that.

(Disclaimer: I am not a boomer, neither are my parents. I somehow managed a Houdini from the model proffered by the slacker paradigm)
Lol. Exactly. Boomers or whomever had to do it themselves, but they're to be faulted for not facilitating a path to non-exertion for others

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I should focus again and start loving some posters with more bans like in the good old days... That usually shut them the [Unwelcome language removed] up

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Maybe I should focus again and start loving some posters with more bans like in the good old days... That usually shut them the [Unwelcome language removed] up
It's up to you. :)

Placing your main/primary focus on a dem poster would be a mistake though. IMO.

A good way to begin your focus again is to realize the worst offender of nasty name calling of those he disagrees with is posting on this very thread.

I hesitate to say this... but this guy seems very unhappy and quite miserable.
Trying to be kind and understanding of him takes lots of effort. :rolleyes:

Normal, well-adjusted person: So…you feel entitled to inherited, hand-me-down ladders built by others, eh? Too good to get your hands dirty building your own, eh? Too deeply rooted in an overarching ideology predicated on profound dependency, eh? A shame, that.

(Disclaimer: I am not a boomer, neither are my parents. I somehow managed a Houdini from the model proffered by the slacker paradigm)
i suspect people who are mad at their parents (boomer parents or otherwise) have minimal concept of a lifetime of being a wage slave, frugality, raising children, and overcoming other adversity. their main complaint seems to be: I deserve to inherit whatever is left over, because you mis-parented me.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It's up to you. :)

Placing your main/primary focus on a dem poster would be a mistake though. IMO.

A good way to begin your focus again is to realize the worst offender of nasty name calling of those he disagrees with is posting on this very thread.

I hesitate to say this... but this guy seems very unhappy and quite miserable.
Trying to be kind and understanding of him takes lots of effort. :rolleyes:
i guess we'll continue to rely on reported issues

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
i suspect people who are mad at their parents (boomer parents or otherwise) have minimal concept of a lifetime of being a wage slave, frugality, raising children, and overcoming other adversity. their main complaint seems to be: I deserve to inherit whatever is left over, because you mis-parented me.
We have PJ member/s that hate anyone on social security

RickWA

Snagglesooth
This certainly seems to be the case.

RepubBub

Council Member
How much did you purchase your house for? What city?

TBLee

Governor
We have PJ member/s that hate anyone on social security
Absolutely. I have seen those who have worked their entire lives and finally get to a place in their lives where they can slow down, and collect SS are being called “leaches on society”. Pitiful…