• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Building a Wall is a Giant Waste of Money

reason10

Governor
<<<<Again, the easier solution is to remove the incentive for them to illegally cross the border in the first place. >>>

Not going to happen. The Mexican government actually gives those scumbags pamphlets on how to access coyotes and then how to apply for welfare once they're here. The only thing that will stop them is a 50 foot tall wall that is well guarded.

<<<Spending billions of American tax dollars to build a wall which won't stop illegal immigration is stupid versus passing and enforcing laws which will stop illegal immigration.>>>

The wall WILL stop the biggest problem of illegal immigration: The massive transportation of drugs, illegal weapons and terrorists. It isn't just Mexicans coming across that border.

It's STUPID to do what we've been doing all along. And BOTH political parties are guilty. That's one of the reasons why Trump has been ahead in the Republican polls ever since he announced. And it's one of the reasons why he WILL be the next President of the United States.

reason10

Governor
I'm not that involved that I've really looked into Trump's retoric. He wasn't my first choice (or really a choice at all)....but if he chooses Christie as his VP he wouldn't get my vote for sure. I've said I may not vote at all....for the first time. I don't see a lesser of 2 evils this time around.
I doubt seriously if Trump would go with Christie. He has enough knowledge of political history to understand that two Northeasterners would have a problem.

It's a shame that Ted had to go so far off the reservation. All he had to do was just maintain his class and dignity and let the nomination process play itself out without all those attacks on Trump. He would have been the perfect running mate for Trump. He could have delivered the South and Trump could have reddened enough northern states to make this a landslide victory. It would have been the easiest path to the presidency for Ted. (Eight years Vice President under Trump.) And now he's damaged goods.

Trump maybe should tag Dr. Carson. That would be REALLY thinking outside of the box. It would be the Democrats' worst nightmare, going up against a Republican ticket that would guarantee the Dems not having the black vote to depend upon.

Christie wouldn't be the worst choice. Remember your history. Reagan's most vitriolic and vicious Republican opponent was George "Voodoo Economics" Bush. The two didn't even like each other. And the ticket won in a landslide.

Bottom line, you aren't voting for the running mate. You're voting for the President. And today, there is no better qualified candidate for the office that THE DONALD.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I don't gamble....
Lame. You declared it as a sure thing, so it wouldn't be a gamble.

I think you know your post was just flamboyant bullshit which is why you wouldn't put your money where your mouth is for $100 much less $1000.
Anyone else but Trump make a statement like that and I'd be with you. Everyone else running this year is a political HACK who can only waste money.

THE DONALD will do it. ........Only THE DONALD could pull it off.
blow·hard
ˈblōˌhärd/

noun
NORTH AMERICANinformal
  1. a person who blusters and boasts in an unpleasant way.
    "a bunch of pompous blowhards trying to get on the news"

reason10

Governor
<<<Lame. You declared it as a sure thing, so it wouldn't be a gamble>>>

Nothing is a sure thing. The GOP could easily [Unwelcome language removed] this up. Until Trump gets the nomination, nothing is for sure.

<<<I think you know your post was just flamboyant bullshit which is why you wouldn't put your money where your mouth is for $100 much less $1000.>>>

Here's the deal: I don't even buy lottery tickets. I don't play poker. I don't risk a PENNY of my money in ANY idiotic get rich quick scheme. I EARN my money by working hard.

Only a total [Unwelcome language removed] IDIOT would make ANY kind of a bet on a political race IN PERSON WITH ANOTHER FLESH AND BLOOD HUMAN. Someone who would do so with a fictional screen name character at a political message board is just stupid beyond words.

And your talk is cheap. Maybe you should put up your bank account number along with your Sosha Curity number so I can check it out just to see if you're good for it.

See what happens when you actually have to THINK about the stupid shit you say?

Like I said earlier, you're not important. I don't give a rat's ass if you disagree with me. I only care about intelligent people.

So if you want to perpetrate some kind of childish dick measuring contest when there's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to verify funds, by all means try to play that game with another equally ignorant moron.

I'm not buying it. I'm not an idiot.

Apparently you are.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
I'm going to change the tone a bit here. With respect to this wall idea, the Founding Fathers signed a document and our nation was built upon a premise:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..." (Declaration of Independence)

Clearly the Founding Fathers did not intend to build a country to keep people out. While they allowed only white Christians to be citizens and hold elective office, we had an open door policy that allowed employers to hire whomever they wanted. As a matter of fact, our forefathers saw America as being the New Jerusalem of the Bible. You know... the land without walls (Zechariah 2:4)

Make no mistake. I'm no bleeding heart liberal (sic), but I'm wondering what some of you think changed. Liberty is a Right not given by government. We can regulate who comes here, but an absolute POLICE STATE to keep people out?
The founding fathers did not intend for it to mean everyone outside our country are entitled to our national rights, that's why we have borders and immigration rules.

reason10

Governor
The founding fathers did not intend for it to mean everyone outside our country are entitled to our national rights, that's why we have borders and immigration rules.
The inalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are endowed by the Creator and apply to everyone on Earth. But you're right about OUR national rights and the reason why we have borders and immigration rules.

given all that you describe... it seems to me a cake walk, relatively speaking, to fill out the necessary paperwork and chillax until the legalities are processed..

sheeze..talkk about minor nuisances..

like the process is somehow HARDER than "crossing hundreds of miles of desert where they face a lack of food, water, first aid. Their lives are threatened by snakes, scorpions, and coyotes(both wild dogs and human traffickers"...and some nuisance wall, and having to buy a 12 foot ladder to scale it, yet..
The legal immigration process can take years for them the government to process paperwork. and there is no Guarentee. You think doing your taxes is complicated then you will love INS paperwork. Seriously, its easier just to risk your life and walk across the desert than it is to go through the legal immigration process.

What the [Unwelcome language removed] do you mean is that all I got? The man's daughter was MURDERED.
What if it had been YOUR goddam daughter.

Talk about deranged!
And you think a giant wall will bring her back or stop a real Murican from doing the same thing? In case you have not noticed, we don't need to import gun crazy murdering idiots, we have plenty of them here.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
The legal immigration process can take years for them the government to process paperwork. and there is no Guarentee. You think doing your taxes is complicated then you will love INS paperwork. Seriously, its easier just to risk your life and walk across the desert than it is to go through the legal immigration process.
Many Americans agree that we need immigration reform, but that is not directly connected to failure to control illegal immigrants.

Even though @reason10 doesn't support Trump enough to put his money where his mouth is, I think most here agree that not only is a $10-15B/year wall a [Unwelcome language removed] waste of money, but that only the most deluded idiots think Mexico will be footing the entire annual bill.

reason10

Governor
And you think a giant wall will bring her back or stop a real Murican from doing the same thing? In case you have not noticed, we don't need to import gun crazy murdering idiots, we have plenty of them here.
Why are you trying to change the subject?

Kate would be ALIVE today had not the mayor of San Fran been such a criminal in maintaining an illegal sanctuary city.

reason10

Governor
Many Americans agree that we need immigration reform, but that is not directly connected to failure to control illegal immigrants.

Even though @reason10 doesn't support Trump enough to put his money where his mouth is, I think most here agree that not only is a $10-15B/year wall a [Unwelcome language removed] waste of money, but that only the most deluded idiots think Mexico will be footing the entire annual bill.
Folks, this MOD EDIT Fine Gentleman thinks he can just throw out a BET ME A THOUSAND DOLLARS and claim he won an argument when someone is not stupid enough to fall for that bet.

PUT YOUR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER AND SOSHA CURITY NUMBER UP FOR COLLATERAL or just admit you're full of shit.

MOD COMMENT - please be more excellent to one another.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

oooh, bullshit. Millions do it, have done it.. my family is here because of it, and countless others..

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Folks, this MOD EDIT Fine Gentleman thinks he can just throw out a BET ME A THOUSAND DOLLARS and claim he won an argument when someone is not stupid enough to fall for that bet.

PUT YOUR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER AND SOSHA CURITY NUMBER UP FOR COLLATERAL or just admit you're full of shit.

less expletive..more nice. My edits. and thank you.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
oooh, bullshit. Millions do it, have done it.. my family is here because of it, and countless others..
Agreed, but we still have a problem. America has always thrived on the fresh entrance of immigrants. Despite the claim "we are full", we aren't. OTOH, there are well-moneyed interests who thrive through the abuse of illegals.

IMHO, the first goal to eliminating illegal immigration is to stop the incentives for immigrating illegally; ie jobs. It's far easier to arrest employers of illegals than constantly chasing down, deporting, then chasing down again and redeporting illegals. After a few employers spend 6-12 months in jail, they'll be less likely to hire illegals. To do otherwise is akin to arresting all drug users, but never going after the dealers.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member

You are free to avoid putting your money where your mouth is just as I'm free to say Trump's claims that Mexico will pay the entire 10-15 BILLION dollar annual cost of building and maintaining a wall is pure unmitigated bullshit.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed, but we still have a problem. America has always thrived on the fresh entrance of immigrants. Despite the claim "we are full", we aren't. OTOH, there are well-moneyed interests who thrive through the abuse of illegals.

IMHO, the first goal to eliminating illegal immigration is to stop the incentives for immigrating illegally; ie jobs. It's far easier to arrest employers of illegals than constantly chasing down, deporting, then chasing down again and redeporting illegals. After a few employers spend 6-12 months in jail, they'll be less likely to hire illegals. To do otherwise is akin to arresting all drug users, but never going after the dealers.

so, are we saying that the flow of legal immigrants has halted?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
so, are we saying that the flow of legal immigrants has halted?
No. We certainly shouldn't impose a religious, gender or other litmus test.

I do believe properly vetting immigrants is necessary in this day and age plus I'm against importing tens of thousands of refugees from across the oceans. Let's be honest; if we imported 60,000 Syrian "refugees" what we are really saying is we're putting 60,000 Syrian immigrants at the front of the line.

A better way to help those refugees is 1) eliminate the reason why they are fleeing their own country and 2) send aid to those border countries admitting temporary refuge for noncombatants.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No. We certainly shouldn't impose a religious, gender or other litmus test.

I do believe properly vetting immigrants is necessary in this day and age plus I'm against importing tens of thousands of refugees from across the oceans. Let's be honest; if we imported 60,000 Syrian "refugees" what we are really saying is we're putting 60,000 Syrian immigrants at the front of the line.

A better way to help those refugees is 1) eliminate the reason why they are fleeing their own country and 2) send aid to those border countries admitting temporary refuge for noncombatants.

I agree, proper vetting is critical. though, what that is worth.. dunno..

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I agree, proper vetting is critical. though, what that is worth.. dunno..
Sure, a real slick operator may be able to forge a false background, but that requires a sophisticated operation. Aside from the '93 WTC bombing and 9/11, AKAIK, all other terrorist attacks in the US were from citizens and legal residents.

There were numerous attacks, but these are among the most notable:
Oklahoma City
Centennial Olympic Park (along with several other attacks by Eric Rudolph)
DC snipers
Boston Marathon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States#Attacks_by_type

Why are you trying to change the subject?

Kate would be ALIVE today had not the mayor of San Fran been such a criminal in maintaining an illegal sanctuary city.
You are talking about a murder, something that happens every single day of the year all over the nation. how about we talk about all the murders gun nuts commit? or meth heads or angry husbands or anyone else for that matter? The fact that this one murder was committed by one man who happened to be an illegal does not indict all illegals just as a murder by a white guy indict all white men. Get over your hate, it will free you.