• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Burn Films, Too

Flanders

Council Member
Let me begin with background before I get to religion:

Benjamin Disraeli (1804 – 1881) was onto more than he knew when he had Mr. Phoebus in Lothair say:

Books are fatal: they are the curse of the human race. Nine-tenths of existing books are nonsense, and the clever books are the refutation of that nonsense. The greatest misfortune that ever befell man was the invention of printing.

I have to agree with Disraeli in that the printing press never did much to eliminate mankind’s appetite for brutality in the five and a half centuries since Johann Gutenberg (1400? - 1468?) invented movable type.

A cynic might say that all of that book-learning produced 20th century government-slaughterhouses never dreamed of throughout the centuries of illiteracy. An examination of twentieth century butchery is no argument in favor of the printed word.

George Santayana (1863–1952) turned a brush fire into a forest fire when he said:

Remembering about the past largely means reading about it —— or believing the people who do read about it.

Before the Internet came along reputable historians, and those who handicap such things, primarily relied on written accounts of past events so they could determine where mankind went wrong. Empires were repeatedly carved up in print and reassembled to conform to contemporary political designs; conquerors were lauded, or lambasted, depending upon the fashion of the day.

There is a danger that Internet text will go the way of books in libraries where wisdom is suffocated by trivia. Disraeli’s math was off —— one has to wade through 99.9999999999 percent crap to find one kernel of wisdom in a library.

Having said the above, I must confess that I read books. Nevertheless, whenever I look at the books on the shelves in a library I see centuries of labor, an incalculable number of incomes, and nothing more.

To liberals, there is nothing quite as self-satisfying as defending a printed lie.

How do I know this since I never palled around with liberals? Answer: All of my adult life, I have been inundated by the importance liberals assigned to themselves, their opinions, and their rosy-cheeked worldview. I arrived at my conclusions from the things liberals said in newspapers, in magazines, in movies, and on radio and television. Everything from the ‘theater’ to the Metropolitan Opera, to the fawning over the author of the latest book that nobody except liberals ever reads, or the latest Broadway stage play that less than one percent of Americans will ever see.

One way or another the rest of us hear about the authors, the books, and the plays just to make sure we do not miss something important. I will bet you that two-hundred million Americans know the names of every liberal author who ever lived. I will also bet you that not more than a minute number of Americans ever read books written by liberal authors. Yet talking about liberal authors, living or dead, is standard repartee for liberals. My guess is that they always talk about the same things when they are talking to each other.

The sales pitch is the only thing that makes sense when liberals write anything.

Banning books from public libraries will hurt book sales in general. Hard-eyed realists in the publishing industry will not stand still for that turn of events. Indignant liberal-bumpkins who hate every other corporation in the world have no difficulty stooging for publishing empires.

The truth: There is nothing wrong with banning specific books from public libraries in a free society. PUBLIC is the operative word. Those of us who oppose liberal garbage should not be forced to support such books in public libraries. Works of fiction should be removed from every library that gets tax dollars from any source in any amount. Failure to remove fiction from a library should result in the loss of all public funding including the tax deduction for donations. The publishing industry should pay to house its literary artifacts in their own museums.

Banning the sale of books is another matter. I would never ban the sale of any book regardless how offensive it is to me. Buy all of the books you can afford to pay for, just do not force me to share the cost of placing and maintaining your choices on library shelves.

Incidentally, if ever there was a canker on this country’s libraries it is this: Many pubic libraries now provide free movie-CDs. I, and many others, sure as hell do not want public libraries promoting Hollywood’s garbage.

Alas, this religion sounds like a hustle to me:

When you subscribe your family will receive a new book each month that teaches an important pro-God, pro-America lesson which parents and grandparents need more than ever right now to help teach their children and grandchildren good morals and values.

Click the link in bio to learn more about the BRAVE Books book of the month subscription

To be polite, live cross dressers (transvestites) compete with books in libraries:

Meanwhile, Cameron and his publisher recently criticized libraries that will not allow a public reading of his book but offer “drag queen story hours” for children.

A drag queen is a person, usually male, who uses drag clothing and makeup to imitate and often exaggerate female gender signifiers and gender roles for entertainment purposes. Historically, drag queens have usually been gay men, and part of gay culture.

People do drag for reasons ranging from self-expression to mainstream performance. Drag shows frequently include lip-syncing, live singing, and dancing. They occur at events like LGBT pride parades, carnivals and drag pageants and in venues such as cabarets and nightclubs. Drag queens vary by type, culture, and dedication, from professionals who star in films and spend a lot of their time in their drag personas, to people who do drag only occasionally.

Those who do occasional drag may be from other backgrounds than the LGBT community. There is a long history of folkloric and theatrical crossdressing that involves people of all orientations. Not everyone who does drag at some point in their lives is a drag queen.

Bottom line. If society ever gets around to burning novels they should start with burning the copies of every fictional film ever made. There is not one word of truth in every theater movie, or in one TV show.