• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Can any of you covidiots point me to the definitive study...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Or…alternatively…the infantilized choose to suspend autonomy and define science as the authorities demand. Why, Fauci even declared that he embodies and “represents” science. Indeed, we can now conflate government authority/experts with the very science itself.

Dude…I’m jonesin’. Don’t bogart that Similac!
Let's Bogart that Similac man..

RickWA

Snagglesooth
This is making me laugh. If I ever meet you my man I'll come off the bogart wagon to Bogart with you..
Heheh. I’ll do beer, red wine, scotch. I’m not a smoker (of anything) - never have been. Definitely down for a beverage or three though. :)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Heheh. I’ll do beer, red wine, scotch. I’m not a smoker (of anything) - never have been. Definitely down for a beverage or three though. :)
Meh.. those Smokey things were long ago and far away now. It shall be the finest scotch should ever our paths cross.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
We've been through this before, do you have a problem with memory? Masking doesn't prevent the transmission of viruses, it may help decrease the transmission, but it is not a 100% safeguard, nor does any science claim there to be a 100% safeguard when wearing a mask. Your problem is that you're pretending that science claims a 100% safeguard

Anyway masks are used to reduce the transmission of larger particulates like droplets from sneezing or spittle, which in turn can aid the already nominal decrease in transmission afforded by masks by The increased blockage of larger particles.

You know how I was able to answer that? I paid attention in school I understand what science is and I didn't emerge from school dumb as a brick like some here.
This whole "eh sure they may (or may not) help decrease the transmission, but it is not a 100% safeguard" wishy washyness flies in the face of you petty authoritarians demanding that EVERYONE wear them all the time...forever.

Where was all this lack of conviction when those mandates were running roughshod over our civil liberties? You certainly paid attention in the "how to weasel out of a stated certainty" class.

I never "pretended that science claims a 100% safeguard." What I did was systematically destroy your conviction on this matter to where your "conviction" now is, well they "may" help. Maybe if you had paid less attention in school and more to the real world you'd know how silly "well, they may help, but it's perfectly okay for the government to force us all to wear them even if it makes us look like a complete maroon:"

1675385075120.png

Actually sounds.

Raoul_Luke

I tend to agree. So much so that these days some have been so infantilized that they no longer believe in science. Let that person do their own surgery. You know, cause genius...
You know that's rather ironic because YOU are the one who has jettisoned belief in science for the unquestionable certitude (which is, you know, actually the opposite of science) of the covid authoritarianism.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
This whole "eh sure they may (or may not) help decrease the transmission, but it is not a 100% safeguard" wishy washyness flies in the face of you petty authoritarians demanding that EVERYONE wear them all the time...forever.

Where was all this lack of conviction when those mandates were running roughshod over our civil liberties? You certainly paid attention in the "how to weasel out of a stated certainty" class.

I never "pretended that science claims a 100% safeguard." What I did was systematically destroy your conviction on this matter to where your "conviction" now is, well they "may" help. Maybe if you had paid less attention in school and more to the real world you'd know how silly "well, they may help, but it's perfectly okay for the government to force us all to wear them even if it makes us look like a complete maroon:"

View attachment 73838

Actually sounds.
Why you must have missed something along the way. Let me help you in your understanding...

I could give a shit if you wear one or not. And I could give a shit if you believe in science or not. I especially could give a shit if you traverse the entirety of your life being as dumb as you are.

I hope that helped you clarify your understanding of what I think about your views.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You know that's rather ironic because YOU are the one who has jettisoned belief in science for the unquestionable certitude (which is, you know, actually the opposite of science) of the covid authoritarianism.
I just clarified in response to your other post to me. Here let me help you along further.

I'm not the one that has to rely on the musings of idiots on websites crafted for the dumb and gullible. Don't want to wear a mask don't wear a mask. Don't believe in gravity throw yourself down a flight of stairs I could give a shit. If you're feeling ill practice some self-healing. But most of all don't avail yourself of any educational opportunities you're absolute imbecility and reliance upon making shit up and pretending that a person that you're speaking to holds beliefs that they never expressed is by far the most exquisite gift you can give to man kind. You do you lightweight, the world needs the entertainment

Raoul_Luke

I just clarified in response to your other post to me. Here let me help you along further.

I'm not the one that has to rely on the musings of idiots on websites crafted for the dumb and gullible. Don't want to wear a mask don't wear a mask. Don't believe in gravity throw yourself down a flight of stairs I could give a shit. If you're feeling ill practice some self-healing. But most of all don't avail yourself of any educational opportunities you're absolute imbecility and reliance upon making shit up and pretending that a person that you're speaking to holds beliefs that they never expressed is by far the most exquisite gift you can give to man kind. You do you lightweight, the world needs the entertainment
Here, let me "help you along." The "educated" are turning away en masse from the covidiocy that you still espouse, so don't hand me that BS. I am almost certainly at least as well "educated" as you are. Your "don't want to wear a mask, don't wear a mask" magnaminity was oddly missing back when the petty bureaucrat authoritarians were forcing them on us all, whether we "wanted" it or not (which you full throatedly supported at the time). I go by what you say, not what I "pretend you believe." The web sites I rely on are crafted for the intellectually inquisitive and they provide counter-narratives supported by facts, evidence and/or highly educated experts' opinions.

Finally, let me point out that the "lightweight" here is the one employing serial "appeal to authority" and "straw man" arguments rather than citing the, you know, facts that back up his assertions.

Raoul_Luke

Interesting side bar on vaccines:

A growing number of medical professionals are starting to see the data that suggests they weren't ready for prime time when we were all mandated to start taking them every three to six months.

And there's this:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Here, let me "help you along." The "educated" are turning away en masse from the covidiocy that you still espouse, so don't hand me that BS. I am almost certainly at least as well "educated" as you are. Your "don't want to wear a mask, don't wear a mask" magnaminity was oddly missing back when the petty bureaucrat authoritarians were forcing them on us all, whether we "wanted" it or not (which you full throatedly supported at the time). I go by what you say, not what I "pretend you believe." The web sites I rely on are crafted for the intellectually inquisitive and they provide counter-narratives supported by facts, evidence and/or highly educated experts' opinions.

Finally, let me point out that the "lightweight" here is the one employing serial "appeal to authority" and "straw man" arguments rather than citing the, you know, facts that back up his assertions.
I don't espouse any covidiocy. I am now convinced that you have a problem with reading comprehension. That must be it. But in any event here I'll tell you again..

I could give a shit what you wear or don't wear mask or don't mask. Literally couldn't give a living shit about it.

Sites for the intellectually inquisitive? Now I think you're just cracking jokes. The intellectually inquisitive at least at their lowest threshold would nominally know what a mask is intended to do. And it's certainly is not to stop anything with 100% efficacy. On that basis and that basis alone everybody can tell that you're an uneducated individual that relies instead on shit sites that have him fooled into believing a zero-sum game when it comes to things like masking.

What facts do I need to say to you. Masks, look them up and read I don't need to give you a link, nobody's appealing to authority, go educate yourself or don't I don't give a shit

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
On that basis and that basis alone everybody can tell that you're an uneducated individual that relies instead on shit sites that have him fooled into believing a zero-sum game when it comes to things like masking.
Like the often cited ZeroHedge. There's a tell-tale sign.

Raoul_Luke

I don't espouse any covidiocy. I am now convinced that you have a problem with reading comprehension. That must be it. But in any event here I'll tell you again..

I could give a shit what you wear or don't wear mask or don't mask. Literally couldn't give a living shit about it.

Sites for the intellectually inquisitive? Now I think you're just cracking jokes. The intellectually inquisitive at least at their lowest threshold would nominally know what a mask is intended to do. And it's certainly is not to stop anything with 100% efficacy. On that basis and that basis alone everybody can tell that you're an uneducated individual that relies instead on shit sites that have him fooled into believing a zero-sum game when it comes to things like masking.

What facts do I need to say to you. Masks, look them up and read I don't need to give you a link, nobody's appealing to authority, go educate yourself or don't I don't give a shit
So if masks aren't "100% effective," what percent "effective" are they, Professor?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
So if masks aren't "100% effective," what percent "effective" are they, Professor?
Wait. I thought you were the intellect here, you know intellectually inquisitive and all that. You don't even know? Well then what the [Unwelcome language removed] are you professing to rely upon in all of these intellectually inquisitive sites of yours? Efficacy varies. Why don't you look it up son and get back to me.

That's absolutely illuminating and hilarious in just how craterous your understanding is. It's no wonder you have to spew appeal to authority and straw man and all that other nonsense because you're as blissfully unaware as I thought you were

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Like clockwork. A new OP with a ZeroHedge copy-n-paste comes along.
Dude.. can you believe this guy. I knew there was a lack of understanding but I'm shocked that the guy doesn't even understand what masks do. So much for his intellectual inquisitiveness or whatever the hell he thinks he is

Raoul_Luke

Wait. I thought you were the intellect here, you know intellectually inquisitive and all that. You don't even know? Well then what the [Unwelcome language removed] are you professing to rely upon in all of these intellectually inquisitive sites of yours? Efficacy varies. Why don't you look it up son and get back to me.

That's absolutely illuminating and hilarious in just how craterous your understanding is. It's no wonder you have to spew appeal to authority and straw man and all that other nonsense because you're as blissfully unaware as I thought you were
Yes, you're 100% correct - the answer is...not meaningfully.

Raoul_Luke

Dude.. can you believe this guy. I knew there was a lack of understanding but I'm shocked that the guy doesn't even understand what masks do. So much for his intellectual inquisitiveness or whatever the hell he thinks he is
Ah, the lefty circle jerk...always entertaining. Thanks!