• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Can any of you covidiots point me to the definitive study...

Bugsy McGurk

President
That masking works? It should be really simple. I had to go to the hospital today for a test...I was there for over three hours. So I had a lot of time to think. Everyone still wearing masks, for going on three years now - staff, patients, visitors - everyone who has been in a hospital has been masked. So surely someone has compared the percentage of total staff hours that were lost to illness pre and post pandemic.to demonstrate that masking has markedly reduced the incidence of work hours lost to illness. It must be way down, right? Has anyone looked at that? What about nosocomial infections? They must be way down too. Anyone? Bueller?
Some time ago I suggested you go the the local hospital and protest, telling all the doctors and nurses they have been making a mistake wearing masks the last hundred years or so. They work hard and could use a laugh.

;-)

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Some time ago I suggested you go the the local hospital and protest, telling all the doctors and nurses they have been making a mistake wearing masks the last hundred years or so. They work hard and could use a laugh.

;-)
Then it should be pretty easy to demonstrate that now that their diseased patients and infected visitors are all being masked that their sick days have declined markedly. I wonder why nobody is examining that data?

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
LOL! Compliance with "masking" idiocy is linked to individuals' psychological self-perception of facial attractiveness:

With the emerging post-COVID era, wearing face masks has become a domain of personal choice. Then, who wants to continue wearing a mask when it is no longer mandatory? In this article, we expect and examine the role of self-perceived facial attractiveness in predicting mask-wearing intention and its mechanism across three studies (total N = 1,030). Studies 1 and 2 demonstrated that individuals with high (vs. low) self-perceived attractiveness were less willing to wear a mask, due to a weaker endorsement of the belief that mask-wearing enhances their perceived attractiveness (i.e., mask attractiveness belief). Study 3 further revealed that this mediational association was stronger in situations where the need to deliver a favorable impression was high (job interview context) versus low (walking a dog context). Overall, we provide a novel finding that self-perceived attractiveness has significant effects on mask-wearing intention via mask attractiveness belief in the post-pandemic of COVID-19. Our findings suggest that mask-wearing can shift from being a self-protection measure during the COVID-19 pandemic to a self-presentation tactic in the post-pandemic era.

That actually explains a lot...

Bugsy McGurk

President
Then it should be pretty easy to demonstrate that now that their diseased patients and infected visitors are all being masked that their sick days have declined markedly. I wonder why nobody is examining that data?
All data gets examined. By people well educated in epidemiology and medicine. While nitwits like you think you know better based on what right wing liars pound into your head.

Natural selection at work.