• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Cancel Culture. The topic of mods banning posters is now the biggest political issue on the right.

Spamature

President
If I may ask, how do the mods on the PJ feel about the issue of cancel culture ?

Is it banning free speech ?

Is it maintaining decorum and order ?

To posters: Do you feel you are supporting Fascism when you report someone for their post ?

Bugsy McGurk

President
If I may ask, how do the mods on the PJ feel about the issue of cancel culture ?

To posters: Do you feel you are supporting Fascism when you report someone for their post ?
Sounds pretty “woke” to me. You looking to get “cancelled”?

;-)

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
What happened to Mr Potato Head, Oreos and Dr. Seuss - were all those right wing social atrocities solved ?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Scroll the page right now. 27 OPs from righty, 23 OPs from lefty/independents.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

I think these mods do very little cancelling. And the reporting is fairly low

RickWA

Snagglesooth

I’ve never reported a poster. Not once. Not being a p*ssy... I instead opt to confront the offender directly or alternatively just ignore the offense and move along.

Far too many people are weaklings, incapable of shame and insufficiently self-aware... so they can’t recognize when they are in full Nancy mode.

Spamature

President
Scroll the page right now. 27 OPs from righty, 23 OPs from lefty/independents.
I think these mods do very little cancelling. And the reporting is fairly low
Of come on....

Moderation on both sides of the aisle is a big issue period, and like I said, this is THE biggest issue on the right in our politics right now. On one side, If they could, they would pass legislation banning, banning. The other would support legislation for universal permanent bans across all internet platforms, for some individuals.

Where do you fall on the issue ?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Of come on....

Moderation on both sides of the aisle is a big issue period, and like I said, this is THE biggest issue on the right in our politics right now. On one side, If they could, they would pass legislation banning, banning. The other would support legislation for universal permanent bans across all internet platforms, for some individuals.

Where do you fall on the issue ?
Which is which. It seems to me that the left is doing all the banning

Spamature

President
I’ve never reported a poster. Not once. Not being a p*ssy... I instead opt to confront the offender directly or alternatively just ignore the offense and move along.

Far too many people are weaklings, incapable of shame and insufficiently self-aware... so they can’t recognize when they are in full Nancy mode.
All I am looking for is a good debate. I'll take up one with anybody, liberal, conservative, or independent. I don't like reporting posters, but I will, because there are some mucks you can't follow another poster into, unless you want to open yourself up to a ban. Sometimes you don't realize you already have, and get sucker punched with one.

Spamature

President
Which is which. It seems to me that the left is doing all the banning
Some on the left would ban some individuals permanently from all platforms if they could.

Conservatives feel that moderation especially bannings are a violation of constitutional free speech rights.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
All I am looking for is a good debate. I'll take up one with anybody, liberal, conservative, or independent. I don't like reporting posters, but I will, because there are some mucks you can't follow another poster into, unless you want to open yourself up to a ban. Sometimes you don't realize you already have, and get sucker punched with one.
You should either confront such directly or ignore it. Grown men “reporting” others on a silly political discussion board is odd.

Spamature

President
You should either confront such directly or ignore it. Grown men “reporting” others on a silly political discussion board is odd.
It is the same principle here or in real life.

You say take the law into your own hands.

Those who enforce the rules say, don't do that, call us.