• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Cancel Culture. The topic of mods banning posters is now the biggest political issue on the right.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
So its really banning culture and not cancel culture that is the biggest issue right now on the right ?

Either way we are still talking about the same thing.

I think the issue is whether moderators should have the right to curtail speech or should there be rules against what moderators can or can not moderate on websites ?
I dunno. I'm a moderate. Good luck in your research.

I think there is right to curtail vulgarity etc

Spamature

President
I dunno. I'm a moderate. Good luck in your research.

I think there is right to curtail vulgarity etc
Vulgarity is subjective.

Which is the main problem with the right.

They don't see what they say and express as vulgar and the moderators do.

Is it and intrusion upon your free speech if someone else decides on the wording or thoughts and sentiments within your statement using their standards ?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Vulgarity is subjective.

Which is the main problem with the right.

They don't see what they say and express as vulgar and the moderators do.

Is it and intrusion upon your free speech if someone else decides on the wording or thoughts and sentiments within your statement using their standards ?
I really don't give it much thought..

If somebody says hey ..lets f your mom... I'm gonna call it vulgar and erase it. It's vulgar and I don't give a shit what sort of intrusion it is in anyone's mind

Spamature

President
I really don't give it much thought..

If somebody says hey ..lets f your mom... I'm gonna call it vulgar and erase it. It's vulgar and I don't give a shit what sort of intrusion it is in anyone's mind
So you say moderation should be subjective rather than objective.

Which is exactly what the right is complaining about in regard to being silenced.

They think others deciding that their statements are inappropriate is based upon liberal sensibilities instead of theirs.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
So you say moderation should be subjective rather than objective.

Which is exactly what the right is complaining about in regard to being silenced.

They think others deciding that their statements are inappropriate is based upon liberal sensibilities instead of theirs.
No. I said what I said

Spamature

President
Where did I say anything like that
Cancel culture says bans and the removal of content is done to silence their voices.

You cited vulgarity (offensive statements or content) as a reason for removing posts and banning individuals.

Either they are really being silenced or they are trying to shift the blame to moderation and away from the accusation of vulgarity on their part.

Correct ?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Cancel culture says bans and the removal of content is done to silence their voices.

You cited vulgarity (offensive statements or content) as a reason for removing posts and banning individuals.

Either they are really being silenced or they are trying to shift the blame to moderation and away from the accusation of vulgarity on their part.

Correct ?
Sure

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
There is nothing new about that. Especially when people are famous. The road to fame has always been littered with people who had their careers and personal lives ruined because they exposed a part of themselves they had hidden from the public.

The same goes for those trying to be famous. You put out a public statement or announcement under your own name and identity. You are asking to be famous for what you said. And, if the statement goes wrong, then you get treated like the famous are treated, well the bad part of being treated like you are famous at least.

So it seems to me that the turmoil surrounding cancel culture on the right is that they are upset that people don't like what they say and react to it in negative fashions that are harmful to them and people on the right believe they are entitled to a better reception for their comments.
the cancelling seems like a mob mentality. my way or the highway. if we don't like a verdict or an election result we will burn the town down.