• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Cancel Culture. The topic of mods banning posters is now the biggest political issue on the right.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
It is the same principle here or in real life.

You say take the law into your own hands.

Those who enforce the rules say, don't do that, call us.
By “take the law into your own hands”, you mean directly chide someone who’s out of line yourself on a discussion forum?

Yeah...I’m a regular Charles Bronson. :-/

Spamature

President
By “take the law into your own hands”, you mean directly chide someone who’s out of line yourself on a discussion forum?

Yeah...I’m a regular Charles Bronson. :-/
and that can end up making you the perpetrator as far a moderation goes.

That reminds me of the review for Death wish 4

I don't believe the studio released a film this bad.
It had to have escaped on its own.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Nope. No whining and precisely ZERO instances of ever reporting other posters. Not a single one.

As you were - no more time for you.
Nonsense. You openly “report” them every time you post, whining about them and whining about why they’re allowed to post.

Give it a rest.

Spamature

President
I'm out of gafs.
The internet was created by the Defense Dept. So, by default it is a military weapon. Yet the govt gave it to us without rules or supervision and no instructions on how not to destroy ourselves with it.

All we have to protect us from ourselves is moderation.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
and that can end up making you the perpetrator as far a moderation goes.

That reminds me of the review for Death wish 4

I don't believe the studio released a film this bad.
It had to have escaped on its own.
When I was a kid I loved those horrible, cheesy movies. Bad acting, bad writing, horrible soundtracks...but other than that it was all good.
:-/

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
If I may ask, how do the mods on the PJ feel about the issue of cancel culture ?

Is it banning free speech ?

Is it maintaining decorum and order ?

To posters: Do you feel you are supporting Fascism when you report someone for their post ?
We ban users for not following the rules which the users here created. Has nothing to do with cancelling and was created before cancel culture became mainstream.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Hey, I just saw this stupid hat - what does a revenge tour mean - more cult member's being held down - censored ? I am sure the local cult base members will put this on looking for someone to comment and then cry on a message board. You might as well stamp "gullible" on your forehead but hey, they are only 24.99 !

1620733128829.png

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Cancel vs ban
What is the difference between the two ?
cancelling you are trying to ruin someone. temp banning them is putting them in timeout.

but you are a smart guy and you knew that.

Spamature

President
Cancel is some gobbledygook.. ban...you can't come post here for a time

;)
So its really banning culture and not cancel culture that is the biggest issue right now on the right ?

Either way we are still talking about the same thing.

I think the issue is whether moderators should have the right to curtail speech or should there be rules against what moderators can or can not moderate on websites ?

Spamature

President
cancelling you are trying to ruin someone. temp banning them is putting them in timeout.

but you are a smart guy and you knew that.
There is nothing new about that. Especially when people are famous. The road to fame has always been littered with people who had their careers and personal lives ruined because they exposed a part of themselves they had hidden from the public.

The same goes for those trying to be famous. You put out a public statement or announcement under your own name and identity. You are asking to be famous for what you said. And, if the statement goes wrong, then you get treated like the famous are treated, well the bad part of being treated like you are famous at least.

So it seems to me that the turmoil surrounding cancel culture on the right is that they are upset that people don't like what they say and react to it in negative fashions that are harmful to them and people on the right believe they are entitled to a better reception for their comments.