• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Can't help but wonder if Musicman and his ilk will be

StanH

Council Member
Yep, George Washington was a weak thinker, too:

I think the answer may be seen in gun sales believe it or not. When Obama got elected the first Christmas afterward one day gun sale broke records. This last Christmas before the last Obama election one day gun sales broke that record. Not only do I think they believe what they say but I also think they have an idea Obama will win again. The republican misery index is off the scale and reflected in their buying choices.

The entire population in poor economic times are not happy but this record breaking sales in that area appears to be a combination of Obama fear republican blame placing. They have at this point completely forgotten President Bush and the recession and replaced that conversation with other odd ball fear mongering. That is what they mean when they chant "Bush did it! Bush Did it!" They'd rather be blaming Obama for their flat earth view. No charge against Obama seems too outrageous.

Many of the weaker thinkers do believe. Too many to make excuses this round.

Minotaur

Governor
Yep, George Washington was a weak thinker, too:
Not against gun ownership. Only interested in why republicans feel so threatened by a President trying to clean up the mess that the republican created and is now making everyone so miserable. Seems like misplaced fear and an over active imagination. I think too many on the right have fallen down the rabbit hole.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

justoffal

Senator
Look...whoever steps into the office steps into the mantle of blame that goes with it..... If they can't deal with that they have no business being there. The Oval office is not a place for cry babies.

Minotaur

Governor
Look...whoever steps into the office steps into the mantle of blame that goes with it..... If they can't deal with that they have no business being there. The Oval office is not a place for cry babies.
Agree actually. President Obama has managed any attacks quite well by making foes look foolish so I have every confidence he will do the same in the second term.

But that is unrelated to the misery index and the often circus like environment from republicans who are now overly fearful. It is anyone's guess why they are acting out so poorly.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Where were you when Reagan complained about inheriting Carter's mistakes or when George W Bush complained about the "Clinton recession"? I guess you forgot the republicans who claimed that 911 was inherited from Clinton.....

Gramps

Mayor
His politics are his religion. Plain and simple. Something...some FACT....contradicts dogma, he ignores it. Same as those who imagine "a pair of every animal species in the world fitting on an 800 foot long gopherwood boat".
If the thought of all of the animals seems unrealistic consider that the Ark was almost as long as the Titanic that sunk on its maiden voyage in seas not nearly so turbulent as the scriptures tell of a forty day storm. As I recall the Titanic also used-up several million rivets during construction and it didn't hold together very well after colliding with an ice berg. AND, as goes the animals, did Noah travel north to Alaska for some polar bears or Australia for a pair of kangeroos before he weighed anchor. Why is it that God goes to such extremes to accomplish tasks that he could've just used some imagination to manage as he did creating the heavens and the earth and living creatures in the first place? I always love Bill Cosby's take on Noah and his conversation with God regarding the Ark. Snicker, snicker.

Gramps

I know it's off topic but it's my thread and I am at the helm kind'a like Noah was.

G.

GordonGecko

President
More for the Religion thread, Gramps.

BTW, the Creationist typical "excuse" for why we have millions of species, so obviously not all of them could fit on the Ark, is....that some of the species are "hybrids" or "combinations" that emerged AFTER Noah let them off the Ark...in other words?

They "evolved". :)

TomFitz

Mayor
Guys like NCMusicman and his ilk believe in Archie Bunkerism.

They have little understanding of how government works, history, and very short memories and attention spans.

I've been reading these folks posts for years now. And, to a man, they say whatever Rush Limbaugh, Fox say that day, no matter how mindless or false it is.

NC adds his blatant bigotry to that mix, as well.

And I have no doubt that after the President get re-elected, NC will continue to post venomous bigotry for another four years, and leaven it with paraphrased Rush Limbaugh, as he always has.

GordonGecko

President
Guys like NCMusicman and his ilk believe in Archie Bunkerism.

They have little understanding of how government works, history, and very short memories and attention spans.

I've been reading these folks posts for years now. And, to a man, they say whatever Rush Limbaugh, Fox say that day, no matter how mindless or false it is.

NC adds his blatant bigotry to that mix, as well.

And I have no doubt that after the President get re-elected, NC will continue to post venomous bigotry for another four years, and leaven it with paraphrased Rush Limbaugh, as he always has.
Not so much Archie Bunker...as George Wallace.

Same for Cicero....New Deal Southerners who want Medicare and Social Security, but also are racists. As the GOP left behind its traditional support for civil rights in the 1970s (starting with Nixon, accelerated under Reagan)....they woo'ed those folks with "code-words" and talk of "welfare queens"...

but didn't LOSE them by actually iimplementing the anti-New Deal agenda the libertarian/fiscal cons wanted, because they knew they'd lose those "Wallace voters" if they did.

It's taken 30 years for them to try to convince them that "Medicare is bankrupt...needs to be scrapped"....just as the crypto-racist stuff has got them entrenched in the Republican Party for good.