• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Capitalism is the key to our destruction

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Why do we need GoodRx?

As far as the ads go, why would you need to "ask your doctor about how any pharmaceutical will affect you" adversely?

Shouldn't he/she know?
uh...there are over 20,000 prescription drugs available and all manner of combinations prescribed to persons of all manner of health condition and tolerances, allergies to drugs, and side effects of combinations... no, he or she should have an idea, and like a pharmacist should generally be very aware of potential reactions, but in no way could know all in any given instance..

write on

Senator
uh...there are over 20,000 prescription drugs available and all manner of combinations prescribed to persons of all manner of health condition and tolerances, allergies to drugs, and side effects of combinations... no, he or she should have an idea, and like a pharmacist should generally be very aware of potential reactions, but in no way could know all in any given instance..
I don't recall the ads saying 'ask your pharmacist', do you?

My question isn't answered.

We'll hear about the high cost of trials, but why have ads to add to the cost?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Have you never been in a drug store?
ALL have a place to ask the pharmacist questions and it's a good thing they have the knowledge of drugs as they do or many people would die.
Now there's a shortage of cancer drugs!

write on

Senator
ALL have a place to ask the pharmacist questions and it's a good thing they have the knowledge of drugs as they do or many people would die.
Yeah, I've been in a few over the years. And now that I think about it- and stand corrected, I've seen a few ads asking you to talk to your pharmacist.

But my question still stands;

Why the ads?

write on

Senator
I don't know whether you're a diabetic or not. But either way, this should put a smile on your face. And btw, the bill passed is pertinent to what I'm saying.

:)

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/3700

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

most pharmaceutical ads end with 'ask your doctor or pharmacist'

you would ask how a pharmaceutical affects you, so that you are informed. or if perhaps yu have an allergy or concern with other side effects....

example: my mother has thyroid cancer...now. no more thyroid....so each and every drug she takes can have an adverse effect... and the work to maintain the balance between BP, arrythmia, thyroid hormone, etc etc...can be very complex... s, there are lots of questons to ask. that;s why you ask.

write on

Senator
most pharmaceutical ads end with 'ask your doctor or pharmacist'

you would ask how a pharmaceutical affects you, so that you are informed. or if perhaps yu have an allergy or concern with other side effects....

example: my mother has thyroid cancer...now. no more thyroid....so each and every drug she takes can have an adverse effect... and the work to maintain the balance between BP, arrythmia, thyroid hormone, etc etc...can be very complex... s, there are lots of questons to ask. that;s why you ask.
"you would ask how a pharmaceutical affects you, so that you are informed."

Sorry to hear about your Mom's condition. I don't know how old she is, but nevertheless...

Shouldn't you Mom's Dr already know?

This discussion is why, the United States, has a heath care system that's in the toilet when you compare it to other nations.

We care more about profit, first and foremost, than the health of any given citizen.

Edit;

Speaking of capitalism, and I've asked this before;

Isn't the health and well being of any working citizen of the US good for the economy?

Last edited:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
"you would ask how a pharmaceutical affects you, so that you are informed."

Sorry to hear about your Mom's condition. I don't know how old she is, but nevertheless...

Shouldn't you Mom's Dr already know?

This discussion is why, the United States, has a heath care system that's in the toilet when you compare it to other nations.

We care more about profit, first and foremost, than the health of any given citizen.
should my mom's doctor already know? well, to a degree. did you mean every drug combination and potential effect? no. it is an educated decisionmaking process

you asked why we need goodrx.

but ok. we are a capitalist society. we earn to pay for what we need and want. much the same as a company wants to earn to be able to afford to pay it's emloyees, earn a profit, etc....

write on

Senator
should my mom's doctor already know? well, to a degree. did you mean every drug combination and potential effect? no. it is an educated decisionmaking process

you asked why we need goodrx.

but ok. we are a capitalist society. we earn to pay for what we need and want. much the same as a company wants to earn to be able to afford to pay it's emloyees, earn a profit, etc....
I don't remember watching ads from big Pharma growing up. Did you?

Yeah, we are a capitalistic society, but as I've previously said, capitalism can and will be abused by the greedy. We're witnessing it firsthand.

The fact that we need GoodRX is the answer to the question.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I don't remember watching ads from big Pharma growing up. Did you?

Yeah, we are a capitalistic society, but as I've previously said, capitalist can and will be abused by the greedy.

The fact that we need GoodRX is the answer to the question.
i dont think they started until the mid 80''s

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I see where you're going with this, Phil.

I make points that you can't defend so you give me a backdoor warning.

Quit it, alright?
i didnt give a backdoor warning. i dont want to talk to you, you make no sense.

goodrx is the answer to what? you literally are making no sense...