• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Capitalism is the key to our destruction

Just a reminder for the Christians out there....

Something else Christians should consider about taking their Lord's name in vain:

https://medium.com/@renegadeinc/and-forgive-them-their-debts-e7f52768df27

"'Thou shall not take the Lord’s name in vain,' means, if you’re a creditor you can’t swear that so-and-so owes you the money and he didn’t.

"Connected to the great destabilising factor in society during the first millennium B.C, was the notion that debts beyond the ability to be paid lead to bondage of the debtor and ultimately to forfeiture of the land to wealthy people who were beginning to group lands altogether

"The neo Assyrian Empire held itself together by cancelling the debts regularly. And after them the Persians and the Babylonian Empire. But these are all looked at as somehow anomalies."

write on

Senator
Something else Christians should consider about taking their Lord's name in vain:

https://medium.com/@renegadeinc/and-forgive-them-their-debts-e7f52768df27

"'Thou shall not take the Lord’s name in vain,' means, if you’re a creditor you can’t swear that so-and-so owes you the money and he didn’t.

"Connected to the great destabilising factor in society during the first millennium B.C, was the notion that debts beyond the ability to be paid lead to bondage of the debtor and ultimately to forfeiture of the land to wealthy people who were beginning to group lands altogether

"The neo Assyrian Empire held itself together by cancelling the debts regularly. And after them the Persians and the Babylonian Empire. But these are all looked at as somehow anomalies."
Thank you!

You more than prove the contradictions in the Bible.

What to believe?

Interpretations- which, I think, your god doesn't have a handle on.

Do you stand still and wait on your judgment, when all you need to be is an upstanding citizen?

I'll take my chances. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you!

You more than prove the contradictions in the Bible.

What to believe?

Interpretations- which, I think, your god would frown upon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Prayer

"And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors."

"and forgive us our sins, for we ourselves forgive everyone indebted to us."

Michael Hudson argues creditors took control of all western governments about the time Rome became an empire.

Creditors will burn the world down before losing their control.

Something else we can't change by "choosing" between Republican or Democrat.

write on

Senator
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Prayer

"And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors."

"and forgive us our sins, for we ourselves forgive everyone indebted to us."

Michael Hudson argues creditors took control of all western governments about the time Rome became an empire.

Creditors will burn the world down before losing their control.

Something else we can't change by "choosing" between Republican or Democrat.
Therein lies the problem.

Corporate bailouts lead to plutocracy, which leads to fascism..

Good question. But he saw the pitfalls of plutocracy long ago.
1683744518322.jpeg
Lately, I've wondered how Chomsky's career would have been different if he had been born in 1998 instead of 1928. Intellects like his and Aristotle's might have found ways to use the Internet to educate tens of millions of students over the course of an academic career?

write on

Senator
View attachment 74840
Lately, I've wondered how Chomsky's career would have been different if he had been born in 1998 instead of 1928. Intellects like his and Aristotle's might have found ways to use the Internet to educate tens of millions of students over the course of an academic career?
I'm a little frustrated thinking about how our Founding Fathers were remiss of what would happen given the writings of Aristotle.

Last edited:
I'm a little frustrated thinking about how our Founding Fathers were remiss of what would happen given the writings of Aristotle.
Possibly they would have found areas of agreement beyond a Republic?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-modern_conceptions_of_whiteness

"According to Aristotle, 'Those whose skin is too dark are cowardly: witness Egyptians and the Ethiopians. Those whose skin is too light are equally cowardly: witness women. The skin colour typical of the courageous should be halfway between the two.'[58]

"Similarly, Xenophon of Athens describes Persian prisoners of war as 'white-skinned because they were never without their clothing, and soft and unused to toil because they always rode in carriages' and states that Greek soldiers as a result believed 'that the war would be in no way different from having to fight with women.'"

write on

Senator
Possibly they would have found areas of agreement beyond a Republic?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-modern_conceptions_of_whiteness

"According to Aristotle, 'Those whose skin is too dark are cowardly: witness Egyptians and the Ethiopians. Those whose skin is too light are equally cowardly: witness women. The skin colour typical of the courageous should be halfway between the two.'[58]

"Similarly, Xenophon of Athens describes Persian prisoners of war as 'white-skinned because they were never without their clothing, and soft and unused to toil because they always rode in carriages' and states that Greek soldiers as a result believed 'that the war would be in no way different from having to fight with women.'"
Ahhh, the 19th Amendment.

It's a shame that women are still looked at as second class citizens by many.

write on

Senator
View attachment 74840
I could read Chomsky all day! The two together could have put us on a different path than we're on now and saved us a lot of heartache.

write on

Senator
Sad but true

A side note to @EatTheRich: Wolfowitz isn't a Democrat.

Last edited:
Ahhh, the 19th Amendment.

It's a shame that women are still looked at as second class citizens by many.
White (male) supremacy is a pillar of this republic, imho.

https://www.archives.gov/milestone-documents/19th-amendment#:~:text=Passed by Congress June 4,decades of agitation and protest.

"Beginning in the 1800s, women organized, petitioned, and picketed to win the right to vote, but it took them decades to accomplish their purpose.

"Between 1878, when the amendment was first introduced in Congress, and August 18, 1920, when it was ratified, champions of voting rights for women worked tirelessly, but strategies for achieving their goal varied.

"Some pursued a strategy of passing suffrage acts in each state—nine western states adopted woman suffrage legislation by 1912.

"Others challenged male-only voting laws in the courts.

"Some suffragists used more confrontational tactics such as picketing, silent vigils, and hunger strikes. Often supporters met fierce resistance. Opponents heckled, jailed, and sometimes physically abused them."

reason10

Governor
Well, that alongside greed. They make an ideal match in the lead up to fascism.

As Steven Crowder would say, "Prove me wrong."
[/QUOT
Capitalism is a force of nature. It is a state of human behavior. In Capitalism, people trade VOLUNTARILY to mutual benefit. Capitalist countries embrace freedom, liberty and the rule of law to protect that freedom and liberty.

Venezuela is NOT a capitalist country. Wonder why the refugees are wanting to pass through hundreds of miles of Central American and Mexican jungles just to illegally emigrate to the evil CAPITALIST AMERICA, when wonderful Venezuela is so much closer.

reason10

Governor
White (male) supremacy is a pillar of this republic, imho.

https://www.archives.gov/milestone-documents/19th-amendment#:~:text=Passed by Congress June 4,decades of agitation and protest.

"Beginning in the 1800s, women organized, petitioned, and picketed to win the right to vote, but it took them decades to accomplish their purpose.

"Between 1878, when the amendment was first introduced in Congress, and August 18, 1920, when it was ratified, champions of voting rights for women worked tirelessly, but strategies for achieving their goal varied.

"Some pursued a strategy of passing suffrage acts in each state—nine western states adopted woman suffrage legislation by 1912.

"Others challenged male-only voting laws in the courts.

"Some suffragists used more confrontational tactics such as picketing, silent vigils, and hunger strikes. Often supporters met fierce resistance. Opponents heckled, jailed, and sometimes physically abused them."
You got a point, when it comes to white supremacists.
1683996197096.png
1683996229716.png
Definitely the Politburo of JIM CROW.

write on

Senator
You got a point, when it comes to white supremacists.
View attachment 74877
View attachment 74878
Definitely the Politburo of JIM CROW.
You just pull bs straight from your behind. You'll say just the opposite of the truth because you really know who adopts the Jim Crow laws today but you won't admit it.

With you and the far right; up is down, black is white, etc.

That's why I rarely respond to your lies because you have been brainwashed, just like the people were then.

Last edited: