• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Capitalism is the key to our destruction

reason10

Governor
You just pull bs straight from your behind. You'll say just the opposite of the truth because you really know who adopts the Jim Crow laws today but you won't admit it.

With you and the far right; up is down, black is white, etc.

That's why I rarely respond to your lies because you have been brainwashed, just like the people were then.
Democrats CREATED Jim Crow, just like they created the KKK. Republicans overturned JIm Crow with the Civil Rights Act, (which a lot of Democrats voted against.)

Democrats remain the ABSOLUTE WORST racists of all time. Their policies have DESTROYED the black family unit, starting that racist Johnson.

EatTheRich

President
Democrats CREATED Jim Crow, just like they created the KKK. Republicans overturned JIm Crow with the Civil Rights Act, (which a lot of Democrats voted against.)

Democrats remain the ABSOLUTE WORST racists of all time. Their policies have DESTROYED the black family unit, starting that racist Johnson.
More Democrats than Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The conservative (racist) wing of the party largely abandoned the party when it started consistently nominating pro-civil rights liberals like Truman, Stevenson, Johnson, and Humphrey, while the Republican Party took a sharp turn to the right under the leadership of opponents of the Civil Rights Act like Goldwater and Reagan.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
More Democrats than Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The conservative (racist) wing of the party largely abandoned the party when it started consistently nominating pro-civil rights liberals like Truman, Stevenson, Johnson, and Humphrey, while the Republican Party took a sharp turn to the right under the leadership of opponents of the Civil Rights Act like Goldwater and Reagan.
Link for proof

BTW: I like your state Montana

EatTheRich

President
Link for proof

BTW: I like your state Montana
You don't like the 1st Amendment?

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia
The roll call vote was
In the House (for final passage): 153 Democrats, 136 Republicans for; 91 Democrats, 35 Republicans against
In the Senate: 46 Democrats, 27 Republicans for; 21 Democrats, 6 Republicans against

One of the chief Democratic Party opponents of the Civil Rights Act, Strom Thurmond, left the party in protest and joined the Republican Party which continued to elect him to the Senate until he died. Thurmond, who as governor of South Carolina signed the nation's first voter ID law into effect in what he acknowledged was an effort to suppress Black voting, had earlier been the presidential candidate of the States' Rights Democratic Party (Dixiecrats), founded by conservative opponents of the pro-civil rights platform of Harry Truman in 1948. He and his campaign would go on to be praised by Senate Majority leader Trent Lott decades later.

In the 1964 Democratic primaries, the leading candidates were for the left, Lyndon B. Johnson, the incumbent who had pushed for the Civil Rights Act's passage and signed it into law; and, for the right, George Wallace, the Republican governor of Alabama who opposed it. When Johnson won the primaries, the leading Democratic Party opponents of the Civil Rights Act (such as Richard Russell, Herman Talmadge, and Russell Long) boycotted the Convention. Civil Rights opponent Charles Pickering, a prosecutor from Mississippi, walked out of the Convention the same year and became a Republican, and many years later was named a federal district judge by George H.W. Bush and nominated to circuit court by George W. Bush despite his stated sympathy for a cross-burning Klansman.

In 1968, Hubert Humphrey, the liberal Vice President who as Senator had been the original sponsor of the Civil Rights Act, became the nominee. Wallace left the Democratic Party (temporarily) to run as the candidate of the American Independent Party. Supporting his campaign were the right-wing Citizens' Councils (later to become the Conservative Citizen's Council and to found CPAC), John Birch Society (among whose members have been popular right-wing conspiracy theorists W. Cleon Skousen and Glenn Beck, right-wing billionaire H.L. Hunt, Christian dominionist R.J. Rushdoony, right-wing general Edwin Walker, and prominent outspoken right-winger John Wayne, among other Republicans), and Liberty Lobby (anti-Semites and Holocaust deniers including many members of White Aryan Resistance, Aryan Nations, and other far-right figures who also had ties to the Republican Party via David Duke, Ron Paul, and the Koch Brothers). This party would go on to nominate Republican state Senator and John Birch Society member John G. Schmitz for president in 1972 before becoming an affiliate of the ultrarightist Constitution Party.

In the 1964 Republican primaries, the leading candidates were for the left, governor William Scranton of Pennsylvania who supported the Civil Rights Act; for the center, Nelson Rockefeller, governor of New York, who supported the Civil Rights Act; and for the right, Senator Barry Goldwater who opposed and voted against the Civil Rights Act. Goldwater was backed enthusiastically by William F. Buckley, the prominent conservative intellectual who denounced the Civil Rights Act, and conservative governor Ronald Reagan, and it was through his campaign that future fascist leader, aide to Nixon, Agnew, Ford, and Reagan, and Republican New Hampshire primary winner Pat Buchanan got his start in politics.

write on

Senator
My two cents worth is that we as a country can't survive without being capitalistic- no doubt!

But don't be ignorant in knowing that greed is the culprit.

What does your bible say?

I'm confused as to what you say vs what you practice.

Now, don't attack me for being a hypocrite- because I'm not. I tell it like it is. If you don't like it, then mock me to make yourself feel better.

I have humility..looking stupid when need be... but

What would your god want from you when you try to explain the hyprocisy?

I'm not a believer but I have a clear conscience.

write on

Senator
Ok. Let's start out slow.

What's your position on healthcare?

Are we able to come together and see that a healthy society is a productive one?

write on

Senator
How does it amount to a cut in homelessness?
As we know, single payer healthcare is the way to go for physical ailments, but my attention is on the taboo topic of the mental aspect in the overall healthcare of a person to help curb homelessness. I may be wrong, but I think that we need to focus more on that even though I feel that that train has already left the station.

Last edited:

write on

Senator
It should be universal, single pay or, or at least very few...contributed into by all
btw, have you seen the latest from the pharmaceutical companies on how to treat mental health?

They’ll tell you straight out! You may die from their product so be sure to consult your doctor beforehand. Never mind the cost of said scripts that are already through the roof. It’s capitalism, don’t you know?!

Your doctor would tell you all about it if he/she wasn’t in collusion with big pharma.

Last edited:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
As we know, single payer healthcare is the way to go for physical ailments, but my attention is on the taboo topic of the mental aspect in the overall healthcare of a person to help curb homelessness. I may be wrong, but I think that we need to focus more on that even though I feel that that train has already left the station.
that train is long gone.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
btw, have you seen the latest from the pharmaceutical companies on how to treat mental health?

They’ll tell you straight out! You may die from their product so be sure to consult your doctor beforehand. Never mind the cost of said scripts that are already through the roof. It’s capitalism, don’t you know?!

Your doctor would tell you all about it if he/she wasn’t in collusion with big pharma.
most pharmaceuticals say that...

write on

Senator
GoodRx makes the point for you that most pharmaceutical products contain disclaimers that their drugs may cause serious injury or even death?
Why do we need GoodRx?

As far as the ads go, why would you need to "ask your doctor about how any pharmaceutical will affect you" adversely?

Shouldn't he/she know?

Last edited:

write on

Senator
Read...

"In late 2020, a crowd of mostly Black and Hispanic workers rallied outside the statehouse in Albany, New York to gather support for a $15-an-hour minimum wage for tipped workers. A group of white people wearing red MAGA hats approached. Coincidentally, the protest was taking place the same day the state legislature was meeting to certify the results of the 2020 presidential election — and MAGA protesters had gathered to challenge the count. You’d expect clashes to ensue. But when some Trump supporters stumbled upon the workers of color pushing for higher wages, they shook hands and joined their protest."

An opinion that I'll continue to believe that fighting crime is what it'll all boil down to if you have 'faith' ...and guns.

I'm an atheist- but I'm also an optimist.