• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Capitalism is the key to our destruction

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Our health care system is the laughing stock around the world.

Doesn't that raise an eyebrow with you?
our healthcare system wastes money. it certainly isnt the laughingstock of the world..

why the tangent from good rx. what about goodrx bothers you?

write on

Senator
our healthcare system wastes money. it certainly isnt the laughingstock of the world..

why the tangent from good rx. what about goodrx bothers you?
Yeah, it is the laughing stock. Why do you dismiss the obvious?

The fact that we 'need' GoodRx is the answer to the question.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it is the laughing stock. Why do you dismiss the obvious?

The fact that we 'need' GoodRx is the answer to the question.
i dont dismiss the obvious. ours is rife with fraud and gouging and lacking price controls. it certainly is not the laughing stock.

write on

Senator
i dont dismiss the obvious. ours is rife with fraud and gouging and lacking price controls. it certainly is not the laughing stock.
Okay then.

Compare the cost of our health care system to say, Europe.

I'll never back off from what I know is the problem.

As I've said many times, a healthy society is a productive one.

But no, a citizen with insurance still has to go head to head with their providers.

Why is that?

Greed

write on

Senator
Bezos' status mean more to him than any ordinary citizen.

Hey Jeff, why don't you spend some of your billions and try to clean up the streets in Philly and those cities that have an addiction?

Too much to ask while you sit on your throne, eh?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Okay then.

Compare the cost of our health care system to say, Europe.

I'll never back off from what I know is the problem.

As I've said many times, a healthy society is a productive one.

But no, a citizen with insurance still has to go head to head with their providers.

Why is that?

Greed
The cost of our healthcare system relative to Europe and many other countries is absurd. I've already acknowledged that. But then Europeans pay a significant part of their wages in taxes that in turn contribute to health care for the whole. That's got nothing to do with capitalism that's got everything to do with its citizens being able to each carry a fair burden. Our country points at the wealthy and the wealthy alone and blames them for the problem. Let's all pay 50% of our income, and the problem with healthcare is solved.

Furthermore, European countries, and for that matter most other countries on this Earth don't live off of the processed shit products that many Americans live off of. Again, that's not a problem with our healthcare system, that's a lot of Americans being uneducated and slovenly in their diets, which in turn contributes to poor health. Not a problem with capitalism. Each and every one of us can choose to cook healthy foods, eat healthy diets and so on. Once again pointing in the wrong direction.

A citizens insurance is only as good as the monies that citizen is willing to put towards their insurance. For that matter their employer and what their employer is willing to put towards their insurance. Sometimes, the exchange for cheaper insurance is to put controls against what resources are available to the subscriber, again, because the subscriber does not wish to pay a higher amount, and does not wish to offset his or her diet and manage his her own health, as safe for example a European may wish to do

write on

Senator
The cost of our healthcare system relative to Europe and many other countries is absurd. I've already acknowledged that. But then Europeans pay a significant part of their wages in taxes that in turn contribute to health care for the whole. That's got nothing to do with capitalism that's got everything to do with its citizens being able to each carry a fair burden. Our country points at the wealthy and the wealthy alone and blames them for the problem. Let's all pay 50% of our income, and the problem with healthcare is solved.

Furthermore, European countries, and for that matter most other countries on this Earth don't live off of the processed shit products that many Americans live off of. Again, that's not a problem with our healthcare system, that's a lot of Americans being uneducated and slovenly in their diets, which in turn contributes to poor health. Not a problem with capitalism. Each and every one of us can choose to cook healthy foods, eat healthy diets and so on. Once again pointing in the wrong direction.

A citizens insurance is only as good as the monies that citizen is willing to put towards their insurance. For that matter their employer and what their employer is willing to put towards their insurance. Sometimes, the exchange for cheaper insurance is to put controls against what resources are available to the subscriber, again, because the subscriber does not wish to pay a higher amount, and does not wish to offset his or her diet and manage his her own health, as safe for example a European may wish to do
What feeds our ills?

(not a trick question)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
most pharmaceutical ads end with 'ask your doctor or pharmacist'

you would ask how a pharmaceutical affects you, so that you are informed. or if perhaps yu have an allergy or concern with other side effects....

example: my mother has thyroid cancer...now. no more thyroid....so each and every drug she takes can have an adverse effect... and the work to maintain the balance between BP, arrythmia, thyroid hormone, etc etc...can be very complex... s, there are lots of questons to ask. that;s why you ask.
30+ years back took my baby daughter like 6 years old to doctor for sickness and when I went to get her meds the pharmacist called me up to counter and said what doctor ordered would kill her.........so back to doctor we went

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
"you would ask how a pharmaceutical affects you, so that you are informed."

Sorry to hear about your Mom's condition. I don't know how old she is, but nevertheless...

Shouldn't you Mom's Dr already know?

This discussion is why, the United States, has a heath care system that's in the toilet when you compare it to other nations.

We care more about profit, first and foremost, than the health of any given citizen.

Edit;

Speaking of capitalism, and I've asked this before;

Isn't the health and well being of any working citizen of the US good for the economy?
If our healthcare is in the toilet why do so many from other countries come here for healthcare, especially from Canada? Many are dying trying to get here.......

write on

Senator
I would think that you hate the government.

Or is it just when legislative bills on morality are up for vote?

btw, how's DeSantis' war against Disney going? He pissed off a lot of Floridians for pissing away the revenue that will come back and bite him in the ass.

Or, is this his dream for America to become his idea of a Handmaids Tale?

What's he polling at today?