• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

caterpillar

oblivious to what he will become
still searching for nourishment and gleening
that soon will be time to sleep and change
but does he sense the true meaning?

held by gravity to feed and forage; grasping
blindly following those things that come by instinct
not knowing that the future holds lift and loft
to imagine such visions, his scope too succinct.

until embraced within a chrysalis of promise
firmly affixed within a cornucopia of leaf and branch
left to contemplate, perhaps to simply slumber
until with wings he will magnificently hatch!

do I regard the voracious caterpillar with wonder?
may I have a look inside the one creator's plan?
can I know I will also become the butterfly,
or the next phase beyond being a man?

WCF 5/17/2007

The idea of metamorphisis has always interested me. Could it happen to us with a brand new life beyond death? One with wings like the butterfly's?

RedCloud

Mayor
oblivious to what he will become
still searching for nourishment and gleening
that soon will be time to sleep and change
but does he sense the true meaning?

held by gravity to feed and forage; grasping
blindly following those things that come by instinct
not knowing that the future holds lift and loft
to imagine such visions, his scope too succinct.

until embraced within a chrysalis of promise
firmly affixed within a cornucopia of leaf and branch
left to contemplate, perhaps to simply slumber
until with wings he will magnificently hatch!

do I regard the voracious caterpillar with wonder?
may I have a look inside the one creator's plan?
can I know I will also become the butterfly,
or the next phase beyond being a man?

WCF 5/17/2007
2wit, this is well constructed and thought provoking. Post #3 below expands on the idea of life after death. I have often pondered as to just what happens to us after clinical death. Some theologians believe in reincarnation. I don't subscribe to this belief since it assumes a creator guiding the karma. At 79+ I don't think I have much longer to find out.

I have hundreds of poems. One guy who looked at some of them said I was a little obsessed with death. It is probably my greatest fear, yet I long to know what's on the other side.

RedCloud

Mayor
I have hundreds of poems. One guy who looked at some of them said I was a little obsessed with death. It is probably my greatest fear, yet I long to know what's on the other side.
2wit, I have no fear of death. If it were not for a Son, Daughter-in-law and two grandkids, I would find out what's on the other side by assisting nature. In my opinion it is either a rebirth or an eternal sleep. I lean toward the eternal sleep.

I think our survival instinct initially makes us fear death, but as the decades pass, there is a growing acceptance of the inevitability of that fateful moment. I have less fear as dreaded anticipation of that moment. I just hope I'm already asleep when it happens and I begin a deep peaceful eternal sleep.

Perchance to dream...

Days

Commentator
consciousness wasn't born with the flesh, it was given to the flesh. Neither will it die with the flesh, it will return to its giver.

Gabe, I would opt for rebirth. Leads me to wonder if one would be aware of his/her present life.
Sometimes ...little children often are.

I have always remembered one past life but I went through a phase a few years ago of doing past life regression therapy ( it is called ). It was so moorish, I had to control myself, I could easily have gone and lived there forever ;) ...extraordinary and so helpful in understanding myself.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks it is or is not, ours is not to question ect ................... but if anyone ever wonders 'should I ?' indulge in such 'therapy', all I can say is do not fear it so long as you trust the one who is guideing you through it. It should btw never be anyone 'of Faith' even if you are yourself 'of Faith', always it should be a Pagan or such like ................... I have good reasons for saying that !!!!!

RedCloud

Mayor
Sometimes ...little children often are.

I have always remembered one past life but I went through a phase a few years ago of doing past life regression therapy ( it is called ). It was so moorish, I had to control myself, I could easily have gone and lived there forever ;) ...extraordinary and so helpful in understanding myself.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks it is or is not, ours is not to question ect ................... but if anyone ever wonders 'should I ?' indulge in such 'therapy', all I can say is do not fear it so long as you trust the one who is guideing you through it. It should btw never be anyone 'of Faith' even if you are yourself 'of Faith', always it should be a Pagan or such like ................... I have good reasons for saying that !!!!!
Queenie, I would try that, but I'm afraid I might have been a horse thief in a prior existence.

This is another 2007 work... must have been during my death obsession. But this one has a good ending.

Legacy

Our breaths are finite, heartbeats for a time
When time is meaningful, ever searching for rhyme…
Existing in a rhythm, vital each living sign
Nurse and doctor do detect, growing now still benign…
And when it shall end, we can count no more
These things less than infinite, no longer any score…
Prospect of eternity, always new and full moon
In the tunnel of forever, where we all shall be soon…
Darkness turns light, day and night nevermore
A gleaming seeming unbearable, like none seen before…
New will be our raiment, neither drab nor soiled
Infamy or fame remain, remnants of how we toiled…

WCF