• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Cavs vs. Warriors: Game 1

Mr. Friscus

Governor
We are going game by game here @Bo-4, and it's halftime, so here's my impressions. Mind you, I'm 3 bourbons deep.

52-43.

- The Warrior Bench is what's the story here. Livingston, Barbosa, Iguadala, Barnes. They are winning this game.

- I don't like blaming refs, and I won't claim they are costing the Cavs the game, but so far, the Cavs have been short-changed so far. I swear, Draymond Green is allowed to savagely body foul without remorse or threat of foul.

- So far, my X-factor Channing Frye is a non-factor. Let's see what the second half holds.

- J.R. Smith either shows up or he doesn't. He has been an absolute non-factor, and the Cavs are feeling it.

- Kevin Love is solid, Kyrie is kind of solid, Lebron had a great 1st quarter. Lebron gets fouled most times to on his drives, I guess we just have to accept that. He should probably have 6 more foul shots than he does.

- That Varajao flop though.. Now, Love DID technically extend his arm, but not with any force. What an awful call.

What I see going into the second half:

I see the Splash bros. starting the third quarter with 2-3 three pointers. The Cavs will need to answer with 3 point plays and the arrival of J.R. Smith. Even if he is a no-show, let's see a few Kevin Love 3-balls, and if they go in, that'll be a big step towards the game. Lebron needs to continue to bash inside while getting bodied up, and Kyrie needs to embrace more contact on penetration to get to the line.

If Harrison Barnes and Livingston are going to combine for 40 points, you just have to live with that. The first few minutes will be absolutely crucial for the Cavs going forward, as if I'm not saying something blatantly obvious there.

So far, I felt a LOT better 8 points down than 11 going into halftime. I say continue to try to smuther the Splash bros. and make the bench beat you. They had a great 1st half, make them have 2.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Gosh, what a nightmare. Thoughts about the game:

- Basically from what I've been saying all year, we have to be careful in jacking off Steph Curry too much. The Warriors are great because of their depth. Clearly, Curry and Thompson are great players, who can carry their team at times. However, what truly makes the Warriors a force are their role players and bench players. A game like this clearly identifies that the Warriors are great without Curry and Thompson being factors.

- J.R. Smith was much a non-factor. He needs to become more involved absolutely. So far, my Channing Frye warning is completely wrong.

- Irving became a bit streetball-ish, like I spoke of earlier, in the second half. I don't think it helped the Cavs.

- Lebron continued to go to the rack, but still just isn't granted calls that other superstars get.. He beats his man and gets bumped hard routinely.

Overall a tough loss. If Livingston and Iguadala are going to play like this all series, it'll be a quick one. The Warriors are the deepest team I've ever seen.

Bo-4

Senator
Gosh, what a nightmare. Thoughts about the game:

- Basically from what I've been saying all year, we have to be careful in jacking off Steph Curry too much. The Warriors are great because of their depth. Clearly, Curry and Thompson are great players, who can carry their team at times. However, what truly makes the Warriors a force are their role players and bench players. A game like this clearly identifies that the Warriors are great without Curry and Thompson being factors.

- J.R. Smith was much a non-factor. He needs to become more involved absolutely. So far, my Channing Frye warning is completely wrong.

- Irving became a bit streetball-ish, like I spoke of earlier, in the second half. I don't think it helped the Cavs.

- Lebron continued to go to the rack, but still just isn't granted calls that other superstars get.. He beats his man and gets bumped hard routinely.

Overall a tough loss. If Livingston and Iguadala are going to play like this all series, it'll be a quick one. The Warriors are the deepest team I've ever seen.
That's a dandy analysis. I was barely into the second quarter when a couple of friends came over with a kind of cute girl i think they wanted me to meet.

Needless to say i was a bit distracted and a shot or two too of scotch too many to stay up late enough to see the rest. But still have the game on the DVR and will watch it today and say something intelligent later. ;-)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
That's a dandy analysis. I was barely into the second quarter when a couple of friends came over with a kind of cute girl i think they wanted me to meet.

Needless to say i was a bit distracted and a shot or two too of scotch too many to stay up late enough to see the rest. But still have the game on the DVR and will watch it today and say something intelligent later. ;-)
You guys with your booze and babes. What...you dudes have LIVES?!?

Bo-4

Senator
We are going game by game here @Bo-4, and it's halftime, so here's my impressions. Mind you, I'm 3 bourbons deep.

52-43.

- The Warrior Bench is what's the story here. Livingston, Barbosa, Iguadala, Barnes. They are winning this game.

- I don't like blaming refs, and I won't claim they are costing the Cavs the game, but so far, the Cavs have been short-changed so far. I swear, Draymond Green is allowed to savagely body foul without remorse or threat of foul.

- So far, my X-factor Channing Frye is a non-factor. Let's see what the second half holds.

- J.R. Smith either shows up or he doesn't. He has been an absolute non-factor, and the Cavs are feeling it.

- Kevin Love is solid, Kyrie is kind of solid, Lebron had a great 1st quarter. Lebron gets fouled most times to on his drives, I guess we just have to accept that. He should probably have 6 more foul shots than he does.

- That Varajao flop though.. Now, Love DID technically extend his arm, but not with any force. What an awful call.

What I see going into the second half:

I see the Splash bros. starting the third quarter with 2-3 three pointers. The Cavs will need to answer with 3 point plays and the arrival of J.R. Smith. Even if he is a no-show, let's see a few Kevin Love 3-balls, and if they go in, that'll be a big step towards the game. Lebron needs to continue to bash inside while getting bodied up, and Kyrie needs to embrace more contact on penetration to get to the line.

If Harrison Barnes and Livingston are going to combine for 40 points, you just have to live with that. The first few minutes will be absolutely crucial for the Cavs going forward, as if I'm not saying something blatantly obvious there.

So far, I felt a LOT better 8 points down than 11 going into halftime. I say continue to try to smuther the Splash bros. and make the bench beat you. They had a great 1st half, make them have 2.
Okay, watched the game in entirety with no distractions and my take:

The Splash Bros sucked - 20 points on 8-27 combined?

Not good especially when Love & James played fairly well.

Difference? (i believe you've mentioned this) .. Helloooo BENCH!

Livingston? Ridiculous
Barbosa? Silly
Iguodala? Don't even talk about it

Still shaping up to be a great series and i'm totally PO's that we have to wait until Sunday night to see Game 2!