• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

CDC say mask mandate indoors lifted for the fully vaccinated.

EatTheRich

President
Or it could be that certain people had an honest disagreement with the junk science of masks.

Are you prepared to call the multi million dollar coaches of the NBA and the NFL dishonorable people who don't give a f**k about others? They let their million dollar players engage in the sport with NO masks, and these guys are sweating and BREATHING all over each other.

Or is your outrage just selective?

Personally, i believe the masks were bullsheet, but I carry a couple in the car for supermarkets just to avoid the Woke Nazis who point fingers and create a scene.
I don't have time for such nonsense.
What expertise positions these people to second-guess the best virologists and epidemiologists in the world and their “junk science”?

EatTheRich

President
My 92 year old mother in law had it two weeks ago and ended up in the hospital for five days. She's here with us now and looks better than ever. Was your friend's dad obese? Did he have serious comorbidities? Because that's who is at risk of dying from this disease. If you aren't then you have nothing to fear from this disease and should be allowed to live your life accordingly.

You want to pretend it's an indiscriminate killer so we all need to fear it and bow to the all knowing bureaucrats in the Health and Welfare Industrial Complex. They have been wrong about everything all throughout and you think one anecdote about a dead friend's relative will obscure that fact? It's absurd! Where is the "doom" scenario Rachel Walensky "feared" just six weeks ago? Why is Fauci "mystified" by the fact that Texas didn't sink into the covid abyss when they relaxed their interventions? Mere weeks before the Feds did exactly the same thing! It's pretty clear you are either clueless about this or you are running an agenda driven narrative - which is it?
A large majority of those over 55 have “one mor more serious comorbidities.”

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Tell that to the people of India. They had strict quarantines and guidelines. They relaxed those guidelines because of the upcoming national religious holiday which brought hundreds of thousands of people together...they now are losing 4,000 people per day.

Originally the idea was that Covid was spread by droplets....so they recommended disinfecting surfaces where droplets may be found...they did not think that the aerosols were potent enough and therefore it would take a greater exposure to be infected. They felt it better to reserve PPE for those exposed to greater doses...first responders and hospital personnel. It also explains 6ft as the social distance suggestion.

Based on your logic...there is no use in having those folks bother with masks...is that your suggestion?

"Easy hosts"? So explain the new variations...why is it mutating? I really doubt that you understand herd immunity.
Yes, you mean like how the "neanderthal thinking" in Texas when they "relaxed guidelines" led to the left's predicted orgy of covid deaths? Oops!

Correlation is (obviously) not causation. Based on the, you know, science, in all likelihood India's case surge would have been roughly the same, even if they hadn't relaxed their guidelines. You know, kind of like here in America last October.

The reason health care workers needed us to keep our mitts off their PPE is because they use a shit-ton of it, changing them frequently. We wear the same mask all day, rendering it ineffective at best, and more likely a facilitator of infection transmission.

You repeating their litany of failed "recommendations" doesn't really help your argument.

Raoul_Luke

Your article reports on excess deaths, not infections. As hospitals started getting a respite due to anticipated widespread vaccinations, they became better able to treat people. And many of those who might have been infected during Christmas holidays had already been infected during Halloween or Thanksgiving large gatherings.
So you are suggesting cases went up while deaths went down? That is, of course, rather unlikely. Nobody knows how many "cases" there are at any given time because there's probably millions who never got tested because they weren't that sick. The excess deaths is the gold standard measure of the state of the epidemic.

LOL - "large" Halloween gatherings? Now you're just throwing shit against the wall and hoping some will stick. Nobody I know had a Thanksgiving "gathering." How many do you know who did?

TBLee

Governor
You didn't ask me about an actual statistic.

But I guess you Trumpies are revealing your inner Stalin.

1 death is a tragedy. 600k deaths are just a statistic.
You still did not address my actual post. Such silliness Spammy.....
“CDC COVID-19 survival rates” are 99.997% for people ages 0 to 19, 99.98% for people ages 20 to 49, 99.5% for people ages 50 to 69, and 94.6% for people over 70."

EatTheRich

President
So you are suggesting cases went up while deaths went down? That is, of course, rather unlikely. Nobody knows how many "cases" there are at any given time because there's probably millions who never got tested because they weren't that sick. The excess deaths is the gold standard measure of the state of the epidemic.

LOL - "large" Halloween gatherings? Now you're just throwing shit against the wall and hoping some will stick. Nobody I know had a Thanksgiving "gathering." How many do you know who did?
Not unlikely at all, since we know that just that happened with the severely ill who were hospitalized. That we don’t know how many were infected reflects just the sort of failure of response that left the U.S.’s death rate orders of magnitude higher than that of comparable countries.

Halloween is the big party holiday of the season and examples of large Thanksgiving get-togethers were widely reported in the media.

EatTheRich

President
You still did not address my actual post. Such silliness Spammy.....
“CDC COVID-19 survival rates” are 99.997% for people ages 0 to 19, 99.98% for people ages 20 to 49, 99.5% for people ages 50 to 69, and 94.6% for people over 70."
To put it another way, 1 in 30000 of infected people under 20, 1 in 5000 ages 20-49, 1 in 200 ages 50-69, and 1 in 18 over 69 die, while a large proportion of those who don’t merely have a lifetime of chronic illness in their futures.

Raoul_Luke

Not unlikely at all, since we know that just that happened with the severely ill who were hospitalized. That we don’t know how many were infected reflects just the sort of failure of response that left the U.S.’s death rate orders of magnitude higher than that of comparable countries.

Halloween is the big party holiday of the season and examples of large Thanksgiving get-togethers were widely reported in the media.
So you admit you don't know anyone who attended a "get together" for Halloween or Thanksgiving either. Just as I suspected.

The "media" reports a lot of bullshit that simply isn't real (see Russian collusion for reference).

TBLee

Governor
To put it another way, 1 in 30000 of infected people under 20, 1 in 5000 ages 20-49, 1 in 200 ages 50-69, and 1 in 18 over 69 die, while a large proportion of those who don’t merely have a lifetime of chronic illness in their futures.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
don’t you owe me money, deadbeat? LOL

Minotaur

Governor
This dance has been reversed. Those who are vaccinated can't be harmed by the unvaccinated so they don't care what you do. The unvaccinated are free to lie about vaccination and not mask up and infect each other. Any state that banned vaccination passports just played a mental game as they don't/can't control business. So what are we left with? Vaccinated people going back to normal safely and vulnerable unvaccinated people not knowing which unmasked person is safe or a danger to them.

The only benefit related to unvaccinated people lying to get into an establishment requiring vaccination documentation is that any business or cruise lines demand for vaccine documentation it is a win-win if you die or another unvaccinated person dies as it is hard to sue them for your fake vaccine documentation. Win-win.

Bottom line is unmasked Trump supporters are no longer a threat to the public. Trump supporters are the threat to Trump supporters. Everyone wins.

The vulnerable who can't get a vaccination due to health reasons and wear a mask are the only real concern. My suggestion is give them the distancing space they need to protect them.

Spamature

President
This dance has been reversed. Those who are vaccinated can't be harmed by the unvaccinated so they don't care what you do. The unvaccinated are free to lie about vaccination and not mask up and infect each other. Any state that banned vaccination passports just played a mental game as they don't/can't control business. So what are we left with? Vaccinated people going back to normal safely and vulnerable unvaccinated people not knowing which unmasked person is safe or a danger to them.

The only benefit related to unvaccinated people lying to get into an establishment requiring vaccination documentation is that any business or cruise lines demand for vaccine documentation it is a win-win if you die or another unvaccinated person dies as it is hard to sue them for your fake vaccine documentation. Win-win.

Bottom line is unmasked Trump supporters are no longer a threat to the public. Trump supporters are the threat to Trump supporters. Everyone wins.

The vulnerable who can't get a vaccination due to health reasons and wear a mask are the only real concern. My suggestion is give them the distancing space they need to protect them.
But if we don't reach herd immunity there won't be a way to really protect people who can't get vaccinated. Also, the vaccination's protection isn't permanent. So eventually they will put even the vaccinated at risk as well.

Raoul_Luke

But if we don't reach herd immunity there won't be a way to really protect people who can't get vaccinated. Also, the vaccination's protection isn't permanent. So eventually they will put even the vaccinated at risk as well.
So what you are making a case for is a dictatorial health bureaucracy that oppresses us all to protect the few. You people are dangerous, like the nazis in the 1930s.

Spamature

President
So what you are making a case for is a dictatorial health bureaucracy that oppresses us all to protect the few. You people are dangerous, like the nazis in the 1930s.
Do you believe that people should forego all vaccinations ?

If you are an anti-vaxxer then go with that. Because you were born into a dictatorial health bureaucracy when we created public health standards. Yet here you are calling someone dangerous when you are pushing the dangerous idea of a laissez-faire
free market for passing around infection and disease.

Raoul_Luke

Do you believe that people should forego all vaccinations ?

If you are an anti-vaxxer then go with that. Because you were born into a dictatorial health bureaucracy when we created public health standards. Yet here you are calling someone dangerous when you are pushing the dangerous idea of a laissez-faire
free market for passing around infection and disease.
I got the vaccination because I know it's the only way I can get you authoritarian bastards out of my business. What I am pushing is individual liberty (and responsibility). The covid kills the obese inordinately - so why aren't you pricks ordering the fat people to get in shape and on a diet? F*ck no, you'd rather use it as an excuse to assert control over your political rivals. You aren't fooling anyone with your faux "concern" over your fellow citizens. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Spamature

President
I got the vaccination because I know it's the only way I can get you authoritarian bastards out of my business. What I am pushing is individual liberty (and responsibility). The covid kills the obese inordinately - so why aren't you pricks ordering the fat people to get in shape and on a diet? F*ck no, you'd rather use it as an excuse to assert control over your political rivals. You aren't fooling anyone with your faux "concern" over your fellow citizens. Nothing could be further from the truth.
It primarily killed the elderly. Maybe Trump should have led by example and dieted, because it would have killed him if not for drugs no one else in the world could get at that time. Instead, he led by example by ignoring his safety and the safety of those around him who had no choice in the matter. And here you are still genuflecting to it today.

You faux libertarians used to say that your freedom demands were based upon your actions not hurting anyone else. I am glad you have finally put that lie, your ilk used to throw around at every turn, to rest.

It was always about what you wanted and F everyone else.

Raoul_Luke

It primarily killed the elderly. Maybe Trump should have led by example and dieted, because it would have killed him if not for drugs no one else in the world could get at that time. Instead, he led by example by ignoring his safety and the safety of those around him who had no choice in the matter. And here you are still genuflecting to it today.

You faux libertarians used to say that your freedom demands were based upon your actions not hurting anyone else. I am glad you have finally put that lie, your ilk used to throw around at every turn, to rest.

It was always about what you wanted and F everyone else.
Yeah, but mostly the elderly who were obese and had "comorbidities" (most of which are associated with obesity). Unless you are arguing that being old and being obese are inextricably linked, the point you are trying to make here is akin to a fart in the wind.

Spamature

President
Yeah, but mostly the elderly who were obese and had "comorbidities" (most of which are associated with obesity). Unless you are arguing that being old and being obese are inextricably linked, the point you are trying to make here is akin to a fart in the wind.
It is not inextricably, but it sure isn't uncommon in this country for the two to go together. Again, your dear leader could have become a good example by and lost weight. Instead, he set a bad examples by still consuming fast food, not exercising, and reportedly ignoring all protocols. Then after becoming infect he made public displays of his ignoring quarantine.

We dodged a bullet with the current state of the virus. In the first year the Spanish flu it was a comparably mild virus. It made it's rep in the 2nd year. You covidiots are on your way to making sure we have a second year with our anti-vaxxer insanity.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You didn't ask me about an actual statistic.

But I guess you Trumpies are revealing your inner Stalin.

1 death is a tragedy. 600k deaths are just a statistic.
Yet, next year a 3rd shot will be needed........

sucka's

Millions and Millions don't need the CDC to be their parents.........