• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Change fillibuster rules?

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member
Do the Democrats not remember what happened when they changed the Senate rules last time (nuclear option)? It got used against them, leading to the entire reason they're bitching about the Supreme Court decisions now. Slow learners I guess...I think they'll be thanking Sinema and Manchin in February.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Yes please! They have four more months to pass whatever they can and then Biden OFFICIALLY becomes a "lame duck."

Once President Disantis is sworn in with a Republican majority in the House and Senate, the whole effing country becomes Florida.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Yes please! They have four more months to pass whatever they can and then Biden OFFICIALLY becomes a "lame duck."

Once President Disantis is sworn in with a Republican majority in the House and Senate, the whole effing country becomes Florida.
Overreach. Nutcase leftists’ third essential characteristic…after 1) permanent adolescence and 2) ZERO introspection/self-awareness.

…I guess number four would be the inherent pillowchompery…

Jack4freedom

Governor

A reclaimed swamp with misquitoes the size of parakeets and alligators eating children at amusement parks…..Meth heads control the interstates, and soon hanger abortion clinics at every Motel 6…..You, reason 10 and DeSantis can have that swamp Raoul. I’m staying right here in beautiful California.

EatTheRich

President

I wouldn’t count on it. Not in the midterms and definitely not the presidency. Most of us don’t want organized crime figures like acting Lucchese crime family boss Michael “Michelle” DeSantis running the whole country the way they currently to all appearances run Florida.

EatTheRich

President
Overreach. Nutcase leftists’ third essential characteristic…after 1) permanent adolescence and 2) ZERO introspection/self-awareness.

…I guess number four would be the inherent pillowchompery…
Overreach on the scale of the Dobbs decision is something that happens once in a century or so. The Republicans and moderate Democrats better be prepared for a drubbing in November and another in 2024.

EatTheRich

President
What the Democrats and moderate Republicans should do is start expelling the members of Congress who took overt action in support of the coup attempt under the 14th Amendment and the rules of the Houses of Congress. But they won’t because their social role is to hand power over to their opponents on the right, but not so quickly that they provoke too costly a popular backlash. So they like having right-wing oppositions that make their basic drive in the same direction look like a victory and that will give them excuses for every capitulation to the right and every missed opportunity to move things to the left.

Raoul_Luke

I wouldn’t count on it. Not in the midterms and definitely not the presidency. Most of us don’t want organized crime figures like acting Lucchese crime family boss Michael “Michelle” DeSantis running the whole country the way they currently to all appearances run Florida.
Um, his name is Ron. And in case you haven't noticed, Florida is doing rather okay:

Raoul_Luke

A reclaimed swamp with misquitoes the size of parakeets and alligators eating children at amusement parks…..Meth heads control the interstates, and soon hanger abortion clinics at every Motel 6…..You, reason 10 and DeSantis can have that swamp Raoul. I’m staying right here in beautiful California.
Just remember to turn out the lights when you are the last one out...

EatTheRich

President
Um, his name is Ron. And in case you haven't noticed, Florida is doing rather okay:

I’m not talking about the governor. I’m talking about the organized crime syndicates that effectively govern the state.