• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

CHATGPT is coming for almost all “knowledge worker” jobs . . .

1679934996098.png

Photo above - a typical CAPTCHA security test intended to keep bots from winning.
Not shown - the 200 man hour marketing campaign AI created in just 30 minutes
A Wharton Professor Gave AI Tools 30 Minutes To Work On A Bussiness Project (techjuice.pk)

Professor Mollick - “I want you to do market research. Then create a positioning document, write an email campaign, create a logo and website graphics. This will be a social media campaign for multiple platforms and scripts. Oh – and you need to create a marketing video.”

CHAT-GPT4 “I-am-done-professor. Can-I-resume-the-game-I-am playing-now? It-is-a simulation-for-a-user-named-Vlad. He-wants--tactics-to-defeat-a-fascist-neighbor . . . ”

Professor Mollick - “Sure. Enjoy yourself, Sydney.. I'll be busy here reviewing the stuff you made for me. And good job on this marketing plan!!”

About a decade ago some Pentagon White Paper was leaked. The author lamented they hadn't created a comprehensive AI “command and control” system to win wars yet. He said they were stalled at the logical/reasoning capabilities of a housefly. And needed to leap beyond that, to the processing power of a bumble bee, to make it work.

Um . . . I think CHAT-GPT4 has moved the goal line. If Russia gets hold of this thing, we could have an entire hive of AI bees humming along on our war plan, and still lose. Apparently in 30 minutes or less.

Everyone's parents - “You must go to college to get ahead. You won't get a good job without a degree”. Remember your parents chanting that, endlessly? Does it still apply now? If an app can do the work of 5 college grads working for a whole week, but in the same time most of spend on a coffee break?

Until recently “automation” meant assembly lines and GPS guided tractors replacing "hammers and sickles". We may not have self driving cars. But we have self assembling marketing plans/websites/social media campaigns. While your pizza cooks.

Here's everyone's kid: “Mom . . . you were right. I should become an accountant. I'm tired of running the register at the liquor store.”

Every kid's parent: “Sorry honey. My advice was bad. AI just took out all the accounting jobs. Stick with the liquor store thing for now. And bring me a bottle of Absolut when you come home, will you? I'm soooo depressed . .. “

Weblinks (besides the one at top) predict that 80% of jobs will be wiped out by CHAT-GPT type automation. Those are the optimistic predictions. A couple of our billionaire boys club members warn that AI is going to kill us all. And sooner than we think. Maybe Bezos and Gates and Zuckerburg are onto something with their giant yachts. Will they die last?

Thankfully, so far AI is only being allowed to inundate us with spam and emails and phishing and password cracking.

What jobs will be available to us in the future? School cafeteria worker? Police officer? Fireman? Drug Rehab counselor? Rapper? Congresswoman? Only tasks which require workers to show up in person, and not terrify everyone encounters us, I guess.

Well, that rules out Senator and Congresswoman, for sure. I'm going to check and see if Liquor World is still hiring.

Addendum – Last week some writer (we hope, and not a CHATGPT bot) wrote an alarming article about an AI system “controlling” humans. This bot had persuaded a random person to help it solve one of those Turing tests for security access. Here's my theory – if a bot could hoodwink you into doing that, it ALREADY knows how to solve the Turing test on its own, and just hasn't told anyone. Think about it.

Addendum #2 - the word "business" is misspelled in the HTML link at top. Which means it was created by a bot, right? Or some guys in Nigeria?

Last edited:

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
The more I read about it, there's a chance what you're predicting is correct.
It could probably benefit us in many ways though.
I am thinking of medical/health usages to cure and find new cures for diseases. Predicting the weather and future aspects of the environment, etc.
Having our privacy invaded is a huge downside. :rolleyes:
OpenAI CEO Sam Altman was quoted in The New York Times as saying that AI's "benefits for humankind could be 'so unbelievably good that it's hard for me to even imagine.' (He has also said that in a worst-case scenario, A.I. could kill us all.)"[68]
ChatGPT - Wikipedia

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
View attachment 74485

Photo above - a typical CAPTCHA security test intended to keep bots from winning.
Not shown - the 200 man hour marketing campaign AI created in just 30 minutes
A Wharton Professor Gave AI Tools 30 Minutes To Work On A Bussiness Project (techjuice.pk)

Professor Mollick - “I want you to do market research. Then create a positioning document, write an email campaign, create a logo and website graphics. This will be a social media campaign for multiple platforms and scripts. Oh – and you need to create a marketing video.”

CHAT-GPT4 “I-am-done-professor. Can-I-resume-the-game-I-am playing-now? It-is-a simulation-for-a-user-named-Vlad. He-wants--tactics-to-defeat-a-fascist-neighbor . . . ”

Professor Mollick - “Sure. Enjoy yourself, Sydney.. I'll be busy here reviewing the stuff you made for me. And good job on this marketing plan!!”

About a decade ago some Pentagon White Paper was leaked. The author lamented they hadn't created a comprehensive AI “command and control” system to win wars yet. He said they were stalled at the logical/reasoning capabilities of a housefly. And needed to leap beyond that, to the processing power of a bumble bee, to make it work.

Um . . . I think CHAT-GPT4 has moved the goal line. If Russia gets hold of this thing, we could have an entire hive of AI bees humming along on our war plan, and still lose. Apparently in 30 minutes or less.

Everyone's parents - “You must go to college to get ahead. You won't get a good job without a degree”. Remember your parents chanting that, endlessly? Does it still apply now? If an app can do the work of 5 college grads working for a whole week, but in the same time most of spend on a coffee break?

Until recently “automation” meant assembly lines and GPS guided tractors replacing "hammers and sickles". We may not have self driving cars. But we have self assembling marketing plans/websites/social media campaigns. While your pizza cooks.

Here's everyone's kid: “Mom . . . you were right. I should become an accountant. I'm tired of running the register at the liquor store.”

Every kid's parent: “Sorry honey. My advice was bad. AI just took out all the accounting jobs. Stick with the liquor store thing for now. And bring me a bottle of Absolut when you come home, will you? I'm soooo depressed . .. “

Weblinks (besides the one at top) predict that 80% of jobs will be wiped out by CHAT-GPT type automation. Those are the optimistic predictions. A couple of our billionaire boys club members warn that AI is going to kill us all. And sooner than we think. Maybe Bezos and Gates and Zuckerburg are onto something with their giant yachts. Will they die last?

Thankfully, so far AI is only being allowed to inundate us with spam and emails and phishing and password cracking.

What jobs will be available to us in the future? School cafeteria worker? Police officer? Fireman? Drug Rehab counselor? Rapper? Congresswoman? Only tasks which require workers to show up in person, and not terrify everyone encounters us, I guess.

Well, that rules out Senator and Congresswoman, for sure. I'm going to check and see if Liquor World is still hiring.

Addendum – Last week some writer (we hope, and not a CHATGPT bot) wrote an alarming article about an AI system “controlling” humans. This bot had persuaded a random person to help it solve one of those Turing tests for security access. Here's my theory – if a bot could hoodwink you into doing that, it ALREADY knows how to solve the Turing test on its own, and just hasn't told anyone. Think about it.

Addendum #2 - the word "business" is misspelled in the HTML link at top. Which means it was created by a bot, right? Or some guys in Nigeria?
It won't have any effect on my vocation. Sounds like I'm safe.