• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Chris Wallace Confronts GOP Rep: ‘Is It a Lie the Election Was Stolen?’

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Well Chris better be careful, the greatest loser isn't going to be happy...........

Chris Wallace Confronts GOP Rep: ‘Is It a Lie the Election Was Stolen?’ (msn.com)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-lawmaker-sounds-alarm-on-border-crisis-after-visit-it-s-worse-than-i-thought/vi-BB1gz3MX?ocid=msedgntp
1620648307969.png
Chris Wallace, Jim Banks are posing for a picture: Fox News Sunday
© Provided by The Daily Beast Fox News Sunday
Fox News anchor Chris Wallace repeatedly grilled Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN) about former President Donald Trump’s role in the Capitol insurrectionist riot, asking if he believes it is a “lie” that the 2020 election was stolen.

Banks, chairman of the Republican Study Committee, has been one of the key figures in the House GOP when it comes to ousting Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) from leadership over her refusal to accept Trump’s bogus claims about the election. The Indiana congressman has called Cheney’s continued criticism of Trump “an unwelcome distraction,” adding that “this idea that you just disregard President Trump is not where” the GOP is.

Appearing on Fox News Sunday, Banks defended his push to replace Cheney with Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY), a fervent Trump supporter who has publicly backed Trump’s election lies. At the same time, Wallace noted that Banks seemed “unwilling to discuss” Cheney’s criticism of the former president.

“I'm not,” Banks declared, adding: “I know the belief that I have, that a majority of our conference have, that she has lost focus on the single mission that we have in winning back the majority, to push back against the radical Biden agenda, is the reason that she needs to be replaced.”

Unsatisfied with Banks’ dodge, the veteran Fox News anchor said he was going to “try to get at this a different way,” asking the Republican lawmaker straight-up if he believes that Joe Biden is the legitimate president.

“Yes, Joe Biden was elected. He was inaugurated on January 20,” Banks replied, prompting Wallace to get more specific with his questions.

Noting that Banks had joined a Texas lawsuit challenging Biden’s electoral victory in several states, Wallace pointed out that he also objected to Congress’ certification of Biden’s election win on Jan. 6—the day of the deadly insurrection at the Capitol.