• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Clinton body count update: Linda Tripp dead

Hillary finally got her...

https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/linda-tripp-whistleblower-in-lewinsky-scandal-near-death/

Linda Tripp, whose secret conversations with former White House intern Monica Lewinsky led to the impeachment of President Bill Clinton in 1998, died on Wednesday, her son-in-law told The Post. She was 70.

Tripp has been seriously ill and on her deathbed Tuesday night, according to a Facebook posting by her daughter.

“My mommy is leaving this earth. I don’t know myself if I can survive this heartache. Please pray for a painless process for the strongest woman I will ever know in my entire lifetime,” Allison Tripp Foley posted on Facebook late Tuesday, adding that she was at her 70-year-old mother’s bedside. Her profile was later made private.

Tripp’s son-in-law, Thomas Foley, told The Post on Wednesday afternoon that she had passed. Her illness was unrelated to the coronavirus, he said.

“Look it’s hard to talk right now. Linda has passed on,” Foley said.

“She fought on as hard as she could. We just have to let all the grandkids know as it was so sudden.”

“I know all the press will focus on the other stuff but she was a special person and a fantastic grandparent who was devoted to her family,” Foley added. “People forget this part.”

Tripp’s son-in-law, Thomas Foley, told The Post that he was unable to share any information about her condition.

Lewinsky expressed concern for Tripp and her family.

“no matter the past, upon hearing that linda tripp is very seriously ill, i hope for her recovery. i can’t imagine how difficult this is for her family,” Lewinsky wrote in a tweet after news broke that she was dying.

Tripp, who has been called a “whistleblower” for revealing the relationship between Clinton and Lewinsky, defended herself against the allegations in 2018, saying she regretted “not having the guts to do it sooner.”

“It was always about right and wrong, never left and right,” Tripp told the Washington Post in an interview. “It was about exposing perjury and the obstruction of justice,” she continued. “It was never about politics.”

Tripp was a civil servant in the Pentagon when she became close to the then-22-year-old Lewinsky, who also worked in the public affairs office.