• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Congressional and Senate Investigations 1961-2022

Jack4freedom

Governor
As one who has seen 4 impeachment hearings and several other important Congressional investigations which were covered on TV and or radio I can honestly say that I have enjoyed all of them and learned a great deal from all of them too. I remember as a young kid seeing Frank Costello, Vito Genovese, Joe Bannano and other mobsters being grilled by US Senators and taking the 5th over and over. I saw Joe Valachi testify before the Senate and expose to the whole country century old mafia secrets on live TV. Then listening to men Like Kefauver, Everett Dirksen and others giving their summaries regarding the issue and sending their findings to the DOJ.

Then, as a teenager followEd the Watergate hearings closely on radio while hanging dry wall and listened to Sam Ervin, Howard Baker, Fred Thompson and others fire away at Haldeman, Mitchell, Dean, Erliceman, Liddy, Hunt and other crooks from Nixon’s corrupt and lawless administration. They got a bunch of these scumbags locked up, forced Nixon to resign and would have locked his ass up to if not for the Ford pardon.

Then Iran Contra where a bunch of crooked lying sacks of shit like Weinberger, Piondexter and others took the heat for GHW Bush and were later pardoned by Bush with the advice and consent of bag man fixer Bill Barr. Reagan was called in to testify and he showed up and answered questions even though looking back he seemed to be in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease. Reagan never claimed executive privilege or told any of his people to obstruct, ignore subpoenas or take the 5th like Trump and his gang of crooks have been doing for years. He came in swore an oath and answered to the best of his ability.

Then Clinton the skirt chasing bullshit artist that he was and probably still is looked into the camera and lied to everybody in the country along with his wife and kid and said he never had sex with Monica Lewinsky. Then he lied to a Federal Court under oath and did not admit it until he knew they had the goods on him. He was impeached, disbarred, humiliated and fined for that stupid, arrogant stunt. Anybody who watched these hearings learned at least one thing which is, don’t fvck with the US congress or with Federal or State courts or you will pay for it.

The two Trump impeachments confirmed what most of us already knew about him. He has no respect for the constitution or the rule of law. He is obviously a pathological liar and a sociopath. However, like Clinton, he escaped being tossed out by the Senate both times. He does however have the distinction of being the only President who has been impeached twice and he got the most Senate votes ever to remove him.

I have seen a lot of excellent congressional investigations in my day but have NEVER seen anything better than today’s witness testimony and presentation by Liz Cheney, Bennie Thompson and especially my ex Congressman Adam Schiff. The witnesses including the Arizona State Senate Leader, The Georgia Secretary Of State, the assistant Secretary of State from Georgia (all loyal, long time Republicans) and all obviously men of honor. But what was most compelling was the testimony of two volunteer poll workers and what Trump, Guiliani, Lin Wood, Steve Bannon, Sydney Powell did to them.

I know that many of you have been instructed by Tucker, Sean, Laura and others to ignore these hearings and that they will summarize them for you later and give you all your talking points. However I suggest that all of you and really all Americans should take the time to watch the actual testimony under oath that these men and women gave today. Anyone with any integrity will surely see who the real scumbags behind this “stop the steal” and January 6, 2021 debacle really are. If there is any justice in the country, Trump and Guiliani will both spend a few years in the slammer and these two women who were ruthlessly targeted, attacked and slandered by these scumbags will own Mira Lago and have Trump out there killing gophers and edging sand traps for the rest of his life. What Donny and Rudy did is the most disgusting case of abuse of power I have ever heard of. If you have the guts watch it.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
What Donny and Rudy did is the most disgusting case of abuse of power I have ever heard of. If you have the guts watch it.
A great post.
I doubt many Trump supporters will watch any of them, they had rather hear/believe what FOX tells them.
Being told straight/truthfully from the mouth at the hearings of those testifying doesn't jive with oft told tales at FOX entertainment.:rolleyes:
289426455_435377712027142_5105732410301646054_n.jpg

As one who has seen 4 impeachment hearings and several other important Congressional investigations which were covered on TV and or radio I can honestly say that I have enjoyed all of them and learned a great deal from all of them too. I remember as a young kid seeing Frank Costello, Vito Genovese, Joe Bannano and other mobsters being grilled by US Senators and taking the 5th over and over. I saw Joe Valachi testify before the Senate and expose to the whole country century old mafia secrets on live TV. Then listening to men Like Kefauver, Everett Dirksen and others giving their summaries regarding the issue and sending their findings to the DOJ.

Then, as a teenager followEd the Watergate hearings closely on radio while hanging dry wall and listened to Sam Ervin, Howard Baker, Fred Thompson and others fire away at Haldeman, Mitchell, Dean, Erliceman, Liddy, Hunt and other crooks from Nixon’s corrupt and lawless administration. They got a bunch of these scumbags locked up, forced Nixon to resign and would have locked his ass up to if not for the Ford pardon.

Then Iran Contra where a bunch of crooked lying sacks of shit like Weinberger, Piondexter and others took the heat for GHW Bush and were later pardoned by Bush with the advice and consent of bag man fixer Bill Barr. Reagan was called in to testify and he showed up and answered questions even though looking back he seemed to be in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease. Reagan never claimed executive privilege or told any of his people to obstruct, ignore subpoenas or take the 5th like Trump and his gang of crooks have been doing for years. He came in swore an oath and answered to the best of his ability.

Then Clinton the skirt chasing bullshit artist that he was and probably still is looked into the camera and lied to everybody in the country along with his wife and kid and said he never had sex with Monica Lewinsky. Then he lied to a Federal Court under oath and did not admit it until he knew they had the goods on him. He was impeached, disbarred, humiliated and fined for that stupid, arrogant stunt. Anybody who watched these hearings learned at least one thing which is, don’t fvck with the US congress or with Federal or State courts or you will pay for it.

The two Trump impeachments confirmed what most of us already knew about him. He has no respect for the constitution or the rule of law. He is obviously a pathological liar and a sociopath. However, like Clinton, he escaped being tossed out by the Senate both times. He does however have the distinction of being the only President who has been impeached twice and he got the most Senate votes ever to remove him.

I have seen a lot of excellent congressional investigations in my day but have NEVER seen anything better than today’s witness testimony and presentation by Liz Cheney, Bennie Thompson and especially my ex Congressman Adam Schiff. The witnesses including the Arizona State Senate Leader, The Georgia Secretary Of State, the assistant Secretary of State from Georgia (all loyal, long time Republicans) and all obviously men of honor. But what was most compelling was the testimony of two volunteer poll workers and what Trump, Guiliani, Lin Wood, Steve Bannon, Sydney Powell did to them.

I know that many of you have been instructed by Tucker, Sean, Laura and others to ignore these hearings and that they will summarize them for you later and give you all your talking points. However I suggest that all of you and really all Americans should take the time to watch the actual testimony under oath that these men and women gave today. Anyone with any integrity will surely see who the real scumbags behind this “stop the steal” and January 6, 2021 debacle really are. If there is any justice in the country, Trump and Guiliani will both spend a few years in the slammer and these two women who were ruthlessly targeted, attacked and slandered by these scumbags will own Mira Lago and have Trump out there killing gophers and edging sand traps for the rest of his life. What Donny and Rudy did is the most disgusting case of abuse of power I have ever heard of. If you have the guts watch it.
When will the defense be allowed to present their side?

Jack4freedom

Governor
A great post.
I doubt many Trump supporters will watch any of them, they had rather hear/believe what FOX tells them.
Being told straight/truthfully from the mouth at the hearings of those testifying doesn't jive with oft told tales at FOX entertainment.:rolleyes:
View attachment 70930
When will the defense be allowed to present their side?
When they are charged with a crime and in a court of law. This is an investigative hearing Al. When did Costello, Genoese, Bonnano get to provide their side in the Mafia hearings? When did Nixon and his band of lying crooks get to present their side? If and when anybody is charged with a crime they will have the absolute right to present evidence, challenge witness testimony and defend their actions. At this point, those being accused (Trump, Guiliani, Meadows, Bannon and others) could simply agree to testify at these hearings and tell their side of the story. However, like the mobsters did, they take the 5th, ignore the subpoenas and duck the committee. Did you hear the Testimony given by Bowers, Raffensburger and the two volunteer poll workers?