• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Could the 2024 presidential election be the greatest in a generation?

1670334713846.png

Could the 2024 presidential election be the greatest in a generation? Or worse than 2020?

Based on the situation so far, I'm predicting “worse”.

By all accounts, Biden has been talked out of stepping aside. This decision was made for him by the political mandarins who operate out of the west wing of the white house. And Biden was evidently talked into during his recent getaway at billionaire hedge fund operator David Rubensteins's mansion.

To be fair, Biden hasn't walked back his “probably not” comments earlier this year, but his re-election team is bulking up with members of the permanent political class, who might otherwise have to get real jobs.

So . .. on the one (democrat) hand, we have an aging emperor, protected and controlled by his courtiers. And California Governor Gavin “Gruesome” Newsom announced in a press conference that he's agreed to “stand down” in 2024. In return for political favors to be named later. Former NY Governor Andrew Cuomo resigned last year, and is presumably still awaiting trial for his sex crimes. NY's senior senator Chuck Schumer would make a fine candidate – except democrat Black's won't vote for a jew. In NYC they attack them in the streets with baseball bats. Who else have dems got? Oprah? Michelle Obama? Not a deep bench is it? Okay, Biden's your candidate again.

On the Republican side, things are even worse. Incomprehensibly, Trump still outpolls every other GOP politician still drawing breath. And the same polls show him losing to Biden in 2024 by double digits. So the white house kids are jumping up and down for joy, right? Not so much, actually. The Department of Justice might actually indict Trump for something. Although they've taken 2 years so far, and declined to charge him with ANYTHING. If I was on Biden's team, I'd sure want Trump out of jail, and leading the republicans. Wouldn't you?

Let's assume either that (1) the DOJ grows a set of cojones, and actually files charges, resulting in the end of Trump. Or (2) that some ambitious state attorney general - looking to ascend to a senate seat or the governors mansion - is able to bring Trump to court over decades old tax returns which he didn't personally prepare. Don't laugh – it could happen. In that case, Republicans will HAVE to come up with someone not named Trump.

Um . . that person could be

Florida Governor Ron Desantis – a former house of represenatives member with zero accomplishments during his “blink and you'll miss it” term in DC. And zero accomplishments while governor of Florida. Untutored in economics and foreign policy, he expects to campaign on the basis of culture wars. Presumably he will have TV cameras present when he bars the doors to unisex/desegregated school lavatory?

Mike Pence – the former VP who has spent the past 2 years attempting to explain his actions at the time of the January 6th DC insurrection. If this guy gets the nomination, I'll be amazed.

Mike Pompeo – Trumps former secretary of state, who most people find indistinguishable from Mike Pence.

Nikki Haley – Former SC governor, former UN Ambassador, but with all the charisma and energy of a turnip. This is actually who I wrote-in for on my 2020 ballot.

Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Tim Scott, Tom Cotten, Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, Mike Huckabee, Ben Carson, Rand Paul, Chris Christie, and 15 other people who participated in the 2016 GOP presidential debates, whom nobody wanted then, and probably haven't improved their lot since. A deeper bench than democrats, for sure, but most of these players haven't gotten a base hit in years.

I'm sure everyone can predict that CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and every other news outlet not named Fox will announce for Biden. Unless he succumbs to old age first. Biden's heart clearly isn't in this, though. He regularly makes remarks like “they don't want me to take questions” and “I wasn't briefed on that”.

Don't we deserve candidates who aren't senile, or unindicted co-conspirators?

We're running out of time to fix the upcoming presidential election process. Biden's team has already manipulated the 2024 primary schedule to hamstring any potential challengers for the white house.

Let's put Trump in a courtroom, and Biden in an assisted living home, and take a step toward competent governance, okay?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Let's see what the PJ left that cry Trump and Republicans are destroying our Democracy say now:

BTW: keep ya eyes on Gov Kemp

Jack4freedom

Governor
View attachment 73242

Could the 2024 presidential election be the greatest in a generation? Or worse than 2020?

Based on the situation so far, I'm predicting “worse”.

By all accounts, Biden has been talked out of stepping aside. This decision was made for him by the political mandarins who operate out of the west wing of the white house. And Biden was evidently talked into during his recent getaway at billionaire hedge fund operator David Rubensteins's mansion.

To be fair, Biden hasn't walked back his “probably not” comments earlier this year, but his re-election team is bulking up with members of the permanent political class, who might otherwise have to get real jobs.

So . .. on the one (democrat) hand, we have an aging emperor, protected and controlled by his courtiers. And California Governor Gavin “Gruesome” Newsom announced in a press conference that he's agreed to “stand down” in 2024. In return for political favors to be named later. Former NY Governor Andrew Cuomo resigned last year, and is presumably still awaiting trial for his sex crimes. NY's senior senator Chuck Schumer would make a fine candidate – except democrat Black's won't vote for a jew. In NYC they attack them in the streets with baseball bats. Who else have dems got? Oprah? Michelle Obama? Not a deep bench is it? Okay, Biden's your candidate again.

On the Republican side, things are even worse. Incomprehensibly, Trump still outpolls every other GOP politician still drawing breath. And the same polls show him losing to Biden in 2024 by double digits. So the white house kids are jumping up and down for joy, right? Not so much, actually. The Department of Justice might actually indict Trump for something. Although they've taken 2 years so far, and declined to charge him with ANYTHING. If I was on Biden's team, I'd sure want Trump out of jail, and leading the republicans. Wouldn't you?

Let's assume either that (1) the DOJ grows a set of cojones, and actually files charges, resulting in the end of Trump. Or (2) that some ambitious state attorney general - looking to ascend to a senate seat or the governors mansion - is able to bring Trump to court over decades old tax returns which he didn't personally prepare. Don't laugh – it could happen. In that case, Republicans will HAVE to come up with someone not named Trump.

Um . . that person could be

Florida Governor Ron Desantis – a former house of represenatives member with zero accomplishments during his “blink and you'll miss it” term in DC. And zero accomplishments while governor of Florida. Untutored in economics and foreign policy, he expects to campaign on the basis of culture wars. Presumably he will have TV cameras present when he bars the doors to unisex/desegregated school lavatory?

Mike Pence – the former VP who has spent the past 2 years attempting to explain his actions at the time of the January 6th DC insurrection. If this guy gets the nomination, I'll be amazed.

Mike Pompeo – Trumps former secretary of state, who most people find indistinguishable from Mike Pence.

Nikki Haley – Former SC governor, former UN Ambassador, but with all the charisma and energy of a turnip. This is actually who I wrote-in for on my 2020 ballot.

Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Tim Scott, Tom Cotten, Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, Mike Huckabee, Ben Carson, Rand Paul, Chris Christie, and 15 other people who participated in the 2016 GOP presidential debates, whom nobody wanted then, and probably haven't improved their lot since. A deeper bench than democrats, for sure, but most of these players haven't gotten a base hit in years.

I'm sure everyone can predict that CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and every other news outlet not named Fox will announce for Biden. Unless he succumbs to old age first. Biden's heart clearly isn't in this, though. He regularly makes remarks like “they don't want me to take questions” and “I wasn't briefed on that”.

Don't we deserve candidates who aren't senile, or unindicted co-conspirators?

We're running out of time to fix the upcoming presidential election process. Biden's team has already manipulated the 2024 primary schedule to hamstring any potential challengers for the white house.

Let's put Trump in a courtroom, and Biden in an assisted living home, and take a step toward competent governance, okay?
Great Post!

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Let's see what the PJ left that cry Trump and Republicans are destroying our Democracy say now:

BTW: keep ya eyes on Gov Kemp
That's nothing compared to trying to stop an election from being certified by using force and making references suggesting our constitution should be abolished.
Trump's DC cheerleaders still seem to be afraid to give him a total thumbs down.

Biden's worst obstacle is his age. IMO
Conventional wisdom in American politics holds that an incumbent president has the divine political right to be the party's nominee for a second term. But a president is not a party's king, and should not be given the nomination without earning it.

That's nothing compared to trying to stop an election from being certified by using force and making references suggesting our constitution should be abolished.
Trump's DC cheerleaders still seem to be afraid to give him a total thumbs down.

Biden's worst obstacle is his age. IMO
Conventional wisdom in American politics holds that an incumbent president has the divine political right to be the party's nominee for a second term. But a president is not a party's king, and should not be given the nomination without earning it.
Bidens worst obstacle is his diminished mental acuity. Not his age.

Would you change your mind if Biden was given a cognitive test and he aced it?
He failed the one in 2020. He couldn't distinguish the difference between a hippopotamus and a rhinocerous. Let alone spell them. And he lives just a few blocks from the national zoo.

I doubt if thats reality, since hasnt campaigned against anyone but trump.
Nobody is going to win the Republican primaries by appealing to moderates.
The Republicans demand their nominee be the wackiest nutjob they can find. The only way Trump isn't the nominee is if a Republican candidate somehow manages to make themselves less appealing in the general election.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Nobody is going to win the Republican primaries by appealing to moderates.
The Republicans demand their nominee be the wackiest nutjob they can find. The only way Trump isn't the nominee is if a Republican candidate somehow manages to make themselves less appealing in the general election.
Biden hasn't won primaries yet or do you think the almost 3,000,000 illegals he allowed in will vote for him?

Biden defends skipping border visit while in Arizona, says there are 'more important things' (msn.com)

Trump's greatest threat may not be Ron DeSantis -- but the man who 'neutered him' (msn.com)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
If somebody other than Biden was running for president in the Democrat they would have been fundraising by now.
So when you posted you wouldn't vote for Biden after railroad deal you were lying of course :cool:
How do you know none are already fundraising, show proof_____go
my gawd 2022 election just ended, or are they still counting votes, so there's plenty of time.

Are you saying Joe will be only dem candidate in primaries?

not bloody likely