• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Could the president order the army to seize systems?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Trump’s a moron (a specific skill set you share, btw), but no sane person asks for a defense of things not done.
Trump isn't a moron. He's a fascist-wanabe who wanted to steal the election to remain in power......like his buddy dictators do all the time.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Trump’s a moron (a specific skill set you share, btw), but no sane person asks for a defense of things not done. Lordy, the washed up shut-ins are awful here…
Still unable to carry on a civil discussion I see.

Look...Trump had his advisors come up with numerous plans to overturn the election...the use of the military was one of them. Taken as a whole, they are ample reason to condemn the administration....especially given PLAN A was to have Pence refuse to certify electors from PA, GA, MI, WIS and AZ. That plan failed when Pence reviewed Trump's memo and followed the constitutional tasks for the VP...then Trump went with PLAN B...the riot.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Micah Xavier Johnson killed five police officers in Dallas in 2016, He was a veteran of the war in Afghanistan.

Would you call him scum? Richard Nixon was scum....he was also a veteran.
Well, that's what your pal PNW said and now since you're a leftist your doing the same............funny part is you are calling yourself that!

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Still unable to carry on a civil discussion I see.

Look...Trump had his advisors come up with numerous plans to overturn the election...the use of the military was one of them. Taken as a whole, they are ample reason to condemn the administration....especially given PLAN A was to have Pence refuse to certify electors from PA, GA, MI, WIS and AZ. That plan failed when Pence reviewed Trump's memo and followed the constitutional tasks for the VP...then Trump went with PLAN B...the riot.
Cool recitation of history. HISTORY. Please feel free to focus on this and on former leaders while neglecting any and all stewardship/scrutiny of the actual current administration. Everyone here appreciates the constant Psakiview posts.

Regardless though, you specifically asked for “defense” of something specific that wasn’t done. Whatever passes the twilight years, I guess…. :-/

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Well, that's what your pal PNW said and now since you're a leftist your doing the same............funny part is you are calling yourself that!
Consistently bizarre interpretations of what others write. Calling the killer of 5 cops in Dallas scum certainly does not attach to all veterans.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Cool recitation of history. HISTORY. Please feel free to focus on this and on former leaders while neglecting any and all stewardship/scrutiny of the actual current administration. Everyone here appreciates the constant Psakiview posts.

Regardless though, you specifically asked for “defense” of something specific that wasn’t done. Whatever passes the twilight years, I guess…. :-/
Typical right wing tactic...No need to condemn Trump and his administration for their year long attempt to stay in power by overturning an overwhelming ass whupping by the electorate...because that is in the past.

Let's just move on...right Rick? It's history. Let sleeping criminals...er...dogs lie. Otherwise Trump may not be able to run in 2024.

Bronwyn

Unapoligetically Republican
The overwhelming evidence is that he had his advisors/lawyers investigate numerous paths to overturn the election. We have a draft of an executive directive for the military to seize election systems. We have a memo circulated by Trump to Pence and congress that it would be legal to refuse to certify legal electors, chosen by the voters in the battleground states. We have Trump calling for a mob to show up in DC on the very day that he will be officially designated the loser...Gee...was he thinking he could stay in power some how? The evidence says yes.

You focus on one thing and not the effort that took place all summer 2020 and well after Trump got his ass kicked in the election, to convince people he'd been the victim of a massive fraud for which he has NO...ZIP...ZERO...NADA....evidence.
Good lord, you've out done your fantasy limit for the day.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Good lord, you've out done your fantasy limit for the day.
And yet you don't even attempt to show where anything I wrote is false. That is because you can't.

Trump began the stolen election propaganda as soon as the polls showed Biden was ahead. He called Ukraine and attempted to get Zelensky to announce an investigation into Biden...He even broke the law in putting a hold on military aid to motivate Zelensky to help him out. All summer long he said the only way he could lose was if the dems cheated. He lost. He then had his lawyers file 62 lawsuits...all the way up to the supreme court...and he lost all but one. He contacted legislators in the battleground states, trying to get them to appoint a slate of electors to counter the ones chosen by voters...to keep him in power.

He instructed his lawyers to explore other means, like using the military. It might have been Michael Flynn's idea, but Trump had someone draw up a presidential order to implement it.

He also, desperately, called Raffensberger to plead for him to "find" 11,780 votes to win Georgia.

Fantasy?

Bronwyn

Unapoligetically Republican
And yet you don't even attempt to show where anything I wrote is false. That is because you can't.

Trump began the stolen election propaganda as soon as the polls showed Biden was ahead. He called Ukraine and attempted to get Zelensky to announce an investigation into Biden...He even broke the law in putting a hold on military aid to motivate Zelensky to help him out. All summer long he said the only way he could lose was if the dems cheated. He lost. He then had his lawyers file 62 lawsuits...all the way up to the supreme court...and he lost all but one. He contacted legislators in the battleground states, trying to get them to appoint a slate of electors to counter the ones chosen by voters...to keep him in power.

He instructed his lawyers to explore other means, like using the military. It might have been Michael Flynn's idea, but Trump had someone draw up a presidential order to implement it.

He also, desperately, called Raffensberger to plead for him to "find" 11,780 votes to win Georgia.

Fantasy?
Yep. Fantasy.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Consistently bizarre interpretations of what others write. Calling the killer of 5 cops in Dallas scum certainly does not attach to all veterans.
He posted Republicans and that covers millions of Veterans and YOU when you served and now claim to be in the Middle which members know is BS

middleview

President
Supporting Member
He posted Republicans and that covers millions of Veterans and YOU when you served and now claim to be in the Middle which members know is BS
Back when I quit the party was when it started going into the toilet.

Anyone participating in the violence of January 6th is scum. Veteran or not.
I've also criticized those participating in violence and arson during the summer of 2020.
Veteran or not.

Yes, I was a republican when I was in the Navy but was only 19 in November 1972. So even if I could have voted for Nixon, I wouldn't have. 1976 I could have voted for Ford, but why? In 1980 I voted for Reagan...I voted for GHW Bush in 1988...

Why do you bother to bring it up? Because your arguments claiming all veterans are being included in criticizing those who supported Trump's riot and coup attempt...is simply stupid.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Back when I quit the party was when it started going into the toilet.

Anyone participating in the violence of January 6th is scum. Veteran or not.
I've also criticized those participating in violence and arson during the summer of 2020.
Veteran or not.

Yes, I was a republican when I was in the Navy but was only 19 in November 1972. So even if I could have voted for Nixon, I wouldn't have. 1976 I could have voted for Ford, but why? In 1980 I voted for Reagan...I voted for GHW Bush in 1988...

Why do you bother to bring it up? Because your arguments claiming all veterans are being included in criticizing those who supported Trump's riot and coup attempt...is simply stupid.
WTF does "all Republicans are scum" not calculate with you?
You posted you were a Republican until 2016 and it's clear you can't keep with your Lies.........Veterans/Blacks/Latinos

ALL REPUBLICANS according to you and pnw

middleview

President
Supporting Member
WTF does "all Republicans are scum" not calculate with you?
You posted you were a Republican until 2016 and it's clear you can't keep with your Lies.........Veterans/Blacks/Latinos

ALL REPUBLICANS according to you and pnw
Nope...I was a republican until 2000.

I didn't say "all republicans". Certainly the Trump lovers.