• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Covid is not going away.

God of War

Governor
So it's your position that kids are too dumb or enfeebled to keep a mask on?
I've said the how and why of it. Clearly it isn't enough for you. Your opinion stands unchanged. I hope others after seeing our conversation begin to share my opinion on the matter.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I've said the how and why of it. Clearly it isn't enough for you. Your opinion stands unchanged. I hope others after seeing our conversation begin to share my opinion on the matter.
That's not an answer. If a kid can't keep a mask on...it stands to reason a kid can't keep his or her..shirt..hat..sock..pants, etc..etc..on..

Do you know kids like this? Is it the nature of every child living today?

No. It surely is not

My opinion just imploded your opinion.

God of War

Governor
no. i asked if there were lots of kids with it where you are..
Any parent would say that 1 is lots. I'd say it would be an illustrative example parents (and grand-parents) could grasp in order to appreciate the nature and difficulty of masking children for Covid and the true reality of the endeavor. But I could be wrong.

EatTheRich

President
First the good news. A child has a 99.997% chance of survival against Covid. You think they can take that up to what by wearing masks? 99.998%? 99.999%?

The bad news is that a child wearing a mask with no standards such as 2-ply, 400 thread count, without 3 hours or so fresh changes, without being cognizant of washing their hands at proper motivation to do so cannot adequately wear a mask to make a difference for them at school. Add a hot environment such as a school bus and it is even more ludicrous.

Haven't people thought this out yet? That was just the surface topics of the issue.

I think this is not about "think of the child" its about adults and their issues with Covid. Adults protect children and not the other way around.
Assuming your numbers are accurate, that will mean 22,000 children dead if every one of them catches the virus. Which is spread almost entirely through respiratory droplets. And that's not counting all the family members and other contacts they will infect who are more vulnerable.

God of War

Governor
Assuming your numbers are accurate, that will mean 22,000 children dead if every one of them catches the virus. Which is spread almost entirely through respiratory droplets. And that's not counting all the family members and other contacts they will infect who are more vulnerable.
Except for the fact that children's resilience against Covid is an expression of herd immunity, right?