• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Covid vaccine is a monumental achievement for mankind.

It is amazing. However the process was brought about so quickly, hopefully it can be duplicated in the future when needed.

worldlymrb

Fvck Joe Biden
Covid vaccine is a monumental achievement for mankind
I guess you could call mankind becoming another GMO product a monumental achievment much like the atomic bomb.

Covid-19 Is Accelerating Human Transformation
https://www.wired.com/story/covid-19-is-accelerating-human-transformation-dont-waste-it/
The global impact of Covid-19 could change science forever. ... including RNA- and DNA-based vaccines, as well as platforms that use attenuated virus or bacteria to introduce microbial DNA into ...

"The wealthy scramble for COVID-19 vaccines: ‘If I donate $25,000 ... would that help me?’

They're offering tens of thousands of dollars in cash, making their personal assistants pester doctors every day, and asking whether a five-figure donation to a hospital would help them jump the line. "

They should be dragged from their homes, given shovels and be forced to bury the dead.

Actually, I also think it's a testament to how capitalism works. It's tough to imagine the vaccine coming this quickly without Operation Warp Speed. Basically, "if you build it, they will come". Tell an entrepreneur you guarantee you will spend billions on a product if they build it, and it will happen.

I'd love to have the opinion of @EatTheRich on this. What say you?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Thank God for the deep state scientists who have always been working on vaccines for one thing or another and began developing a Covid vaccine immediately.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
A lot of leftist Democrats and media eating their words on this one. That's what happens when you let opposition of a person overtake scientific possibility.

RickWA

Senator
A lot of leftist Democrats and media eating their words on this one. That's what happens when you let opposition of a person overtake scientific possibility.
Perfect example of the gargantuan delta between “liberal” and “leftist”.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Perfect example of the gargantuan delta between “liberal” and “leftist”.
Don't forget, they actually "fact checked" trump and conservatives for the claim.

This is a prime example as to why the institution of "fact checking" is a farce. They don't stick to facts, they denounce and attack predictions, opinions, and narratives that they disagree with, or hurts their cause.

Right now, US states are not receiving their allotments of the vaccine while millions of doses are sitting in warehouses in Kalamazoo. Pfizer has not been given any direction by Washington and state governor's phone calls are not being returned by Administration officials. perhaps it is a pay-for-play situation. Or perhaps it is another instance of Trump withholding life saving vaccine from states that did not vote for him.
Michigan residents have been denied the very vaccines that are manufactured and warehoused on our soil.

Like everything else, Trump has made this into one of his self-aggrandizing games.

RickWA

Senator
Don't forget, they actually "fact checked" trump and conservatives for the claim.

This is a prime example as to why the institution of "fact checking" is a farce. They don't stick to facts, they denounce and attack predictions, opinions, and narratives that they disagree with, or hurts their cause.
It’s on par with “I follow the science” and “Settled science”. There’s little to no inquisitiveness or curiosity...and lots of calculated confirmation bias. By “calculated”, I mean intentional, strategically-asserted, and dogmatic.

Last edited:

Dr. Steven Brule

Council Member
How they were developed so fast

"Additionally, one of the biggest misconceptions about the COVID-19 vaccine is that its development started with the pandemic. In reality, scientists had a head start because COVID-19 comes from a family of viruses, including the SARS coronavirus of 2002 and the MERS coronavirus of 2012.

Many of the researchers who are developing the COVID-19 vaccines have previously worked on vaccines for the SARS and MERS viruses, and they already knew a lot about what works and what doesn’t. They knew how this family of viruses behaves, their biology and the so-called “spike protein” — which allows the virus to enter our cells and infect us.

When the pandemic hit, scientists knew that if a person has antibodies that recognize this spike protein, this can stop the virus in its tracks. This is the key to both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines."

EatTheRich

President
Actually, I also think it's a testament to how capitalism works. It's tough to imagine the vaccine coming this quickly without Operation Warp Speed. Basically, "if you build it, they will come". Tell an entrepreneur you guarantee you will spend billions on a product if they build it, and it will happen.

I'd love to have the opinion of @EatTheRich on this. What say you?
I'm glad to see you understand that a government subsidy program by a capitalist government is an example of capitalism at work. The capitalist market did come through here, and we can all be grateful ... although Warp Speed had little to do with it since the major breakthroughs were made before that project was even announced. As a matter of fact, vaccine development is one of the least lucrative things drug companies do and likely wouldn't exist at all if not for government mandates that a certain percentage of R&D go to vaccine development.

I'm glad to see you understand that a government subsidy program by a capitalist government is an example of capitalism at work. The capitalist market did come through here, and we can all be grateful ... although Warp Speed had little to do with it since the major breakthroughs were made before that project was even announced. As a matter of fact, vaccine development is one of the least lucrative things drug companies do and likely wouldn't exist at all if not for government mandates that a certain percentage of R&D go to vaccine development.
You're right. Offering over a billion in sales did nothing to speed up development of a vaccine. It's just some other sort of miracle that it happened so fast, likely in the first time in human history. Funny stuff.