• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Covid19: A Teachable Moment For Humanity

If we were more prudent and less self-centered as a species, we would take the lesson that is to be taught by the pandemic and the climate crisis. But we will not.

After all, we believe that our invented 'God' created us in his image and gave us the Earth and all its inhabitants and resources to use as our own strip mine, slaughterhouse and garbage dump.

Absent the necessary insight and willingness to learn and modify human society, we will be forcefully compelled by natural process to comply with planetary homeostasis and it will not be pleasant. Famine, floods, desertification, plague, wildfire, increasingly violent storms, war, migration will be our task masters.

It is also fairly obvious to any of us that are not in denial that we have gone well past the point of no return and that these evolutionary mechanisms have already been triggered and are well commenced about the business of deburring the human population and fighting the infection we pose to the ecosystem.

In the end, we will emerge a much smaller, more efficient, respectful lot. Our societies will be, by necessity, simpler, less polluting and destructive and perhaps more egalitarian.

Humility is a virtue.

These are my thoughts on the matter

The Gaia Hypothesis puts forth the notion that the Earth, in its entirety, functions as a kind of super-organism with all parts, organic and inorganic acting together and evolving together with an inescapable tendency toward systemic, planetary homeostasis.

Furthermore, the planet's components collectively will acctuate conditions that will perpetuate its own survival in a macro reflection of the way, for example, a human body will develop a fever, sweat, produce antibodies to attack infection.

Certain aspects of this theory can be seen in proceses like decomposition, erosion, photosynthesis, respiration of plants and animals and oceanic and atmospheric currents, etc.

If viewed from within this framework, climate change can be considered to be systemic feedback precipitated by an infection, which, in this case, is the overpopulation of our species well beyond the planet's carrying capacity to accommodate such a overwhelming herd and the attendant damage we cause to the enviornment.

Ultimately, this feedback precipitated by our very actions - our greed, carelessness, poor stewardship and disrespect for the environment will in effect cause a mass die off that will bring the ecosystem back into equilibrium. In this way, we are the architects of our own destruction by way of our delusional anthropocentrism.

Another of these planetary 'antibodies' marshalled to fight the infection we pose to the environment may well be the pandemic that is currently humbling our species.

Boca

Governor
The Gaia Hypothesis puts forth the notion that the Earth, in its entirety, functions as a kind of super-organism with all parts, organic and inorganic acting together and evolving together with an inescapable tendency toward systemic, planetary homeostasis.

Furthermore, the planet's components collectively will acctuate conditions that will perpetuate its own survival in a macro reflection of the way, for example, a human body will develop a fever, sweat, produce antibodies to attack infection.

Certain aspects of this theory can be seen in proceses like decomposition, erosion, photosynthesis, respiration of plants and animals and oceanic and atmospheric currents, etc.

If viewed from within this framework, climate change can be considered to be systemic feedback precipitated by an infection, which, in this case, is the overpopulation of our species well beyond the planet's carrying capacity to accommodate such a overwhelming herd and the attendant damage we cause to the enviornment.

Ultimately, this feedback precipitated by our very actions - our greed, carelessness, poor stewardship and disrespect for the environment will in effect cause a mass die off that will bring the ecosystem back into equilibrium. In this way, we are the architects of our own destruction by way of our delusional anthropocentrism.

Another of these planetary 'antibodies' marshalled to fight the infection we pose to the environment may well be the pandemic that is currently humbling our species.
So then, since you are obviously more informed and educated on this subject, where does, the fact that Vikings farmed in Greenland in the 9th Century fit in, if at all?

So then, since you are obviously more informed and educated on this subject, where does, the fact that Vikings farmed in Greenland in the 9th Century fit in, if at all?
It's a little early to be drinking.... Or is it still Saturday night for you?

It is primarily killing people who support Democrats, at least in this country, so there's a strong Darwinian argument to be made right there. You're on to something...
No. Actually it is primarily killing the types of buffoons that think it's a hoax, Trump supporters... and good riddance. We don't need those ignoramuses polluting the genetic reservoir.

Mick

The Right is always right
No. Actually it is primarily killing the types of buffoons that think it's a hoax, Trump supporters... and good riddance. We don't need those ignoramuses polluting the genetic reservoir.
LMAO. The most deadly Covid states per capita:

1607418134525.png

The deadliest states by total deaths:

1607418180438.png

Lots of dead left wingers. You must be so proud of your ilk.

LMAO. The most deadly Covid states per capita:

View attachment 59060

The deadliest states by total deaths:

View attachment 59061

Lots of dead left wingers. You must be so proud of your ilk.
No. It's Trump supporters that think it's a hoax. They are the ones dying...victims of Trump's ignorance and dereliction of duty. Guilty as he is of 275,000 counts of negligent homicide. Fortunately, he lost the election and his base has been ridiculed and marginalized. The grown ups are back in charge.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

I've always adhered to the notion that man and our time on earth is self limiting. Eventually the right combination will sweep us asunder...

Man's hope has always been his relentless advance of science

I've always adhered to the notion that man and our time on earth is self limiting. Eventually the right combination will sweep us asunder...

Man's hope has always been his relentless advance of science
I agree with the spirit of your post. However, I am a bit more optimistic. I can't help but wonder if politics taking over science is really a bad thing. I don't know. Sincerely just wondering....

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with the spirit of your post. However, I am a bit more optimistic. I can't help but wonder if politics taking over science is really a bad thing. I don't know. Sincerely just wondering....
I don't understand. How does politics take over of science help?