• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Crazed continue their March. Biden to set self on fire evening before the midterms, then blame Trump

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
I think you know the answer. Trump fended off the Fed rate increases and injected trillions of borrowed dollars into the economy to deal with his disastrous Covid response. The inevitable result was the inflation that Trump cultists blame on Biden. Plus, when the economy soared under Biden, with record breaking job growth numbers, the soaring economy created a huge increase in demand for oil and gas, sending those prices soaring (although they have come down some). The oil/gas situation has been made even worse by the market manipulation of Trump’s corrupt cronies - the Saudis and Putin.

The net result? Inflation and gas prices blamed on Biden, when they were the inevitable consequences of Trump’s incompetent, corrupt reign.

Questions?
I'm confused. The inflation that Trump caused magically didn't show up for an entire year? But OK - let's say that somehow that was true. That would mean that Joe Biden had a full year to plan for the inflation that was going to hit. So what actions did he take to prevent it? Well for one he re-nominated the marshmallow that Trump made the Fed President, you know the same guy that led the fed into causing the inflation. That wasn't very smart was it? Well Biden did do a good job in the first at getting the COVID vaccines out. He gets big props for that. But doing so would certainly get things back to normal and help heat up the economy. That's just obvious. And we all know a heated up economy is going to be suseptable to inflation. So then Biden pumped out a bunch of $1400 stimulus checks (which I would argue were unneeded as the economy was already coming back) which in any case pumped tons of $$$ into the already overheating economy. More inflationary pressure - no? Then Biden and his surrogates for month claimed that the inflation would be transitory (while pressuring Marshmallow Powell to hold off on increasing interest rates). Are the Russians and Saudis complicit? Of course they are. Is this a surprise to you? Should it have been to Biden? Where's the leadership here? Do you just want to sing the old "there is really nothing Biden could do about it" song?

Biden is President - the buck stops with him. You excuse his actions. I say he didn't do anywhere near enough. Next week the people decide.

Bugsy McGurk

President
The good news is that Obama came out of retirement to travel to Phoenix and announce that "Democracy may not survive" if Democrats are not elected up and down the ballot. I think it's great that Obama...and Hillary...and Joe "Ultra-MAGA/Semi-Fascists" Biden - ALL of the Democratic Party standard-bearers - are so committed to UNITING us rather than driving the divide ever deeper.

Yep. We're politically in a very fine place right now...in addition to all the policy failures that are now coming to fruition.
As you know, that is NOT what Obama said. What he DID say is that democracy will die if the GOP election deniers are elected. Which is obvious to all who are not Trump cultists. Ergo, it is not obvious to you. So, you just lie about what he said, as Trump cultists are always wont to do.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I'm confused. The inflation that Trump caused magically didn't show up for an entire year? But OK - let's say that somehow that was true. That would mean that Joe Biden had a full year to plan for the inflation that was going to hit. So what actions did he take to prevent it? Well for one he re-nominated the marshmallow that Trump made the Fed President, you know the same guy that led the fed into causing the inflation. That wasn't very smart was it? Well Biden did do a good job in the first at getting the COVID vaccines out. He gets big props for that. But doing so would certainly get things back to normal and help heat up the economy. That's just obvious. And we all know a heated up economy is going to be suseptable to inflation. So then Biden pumped out a bunch of $1400 stimulus checks (which I would argue were unneeded as the economy was already coming back) which in any case pumped tons of $$$ into the already overheating economy. More inflationary pressure - no? Then Biden and his surrogates for month claimed that the inflation would be transitory (while pressuring Marshmallow Powell to hold off on increasing interest rates). Are the Russians and Saudis complicit? Of course they are. Is this a surprise to you? Should it have been to Biden? Where's the leadership here? Do you just want to sing the old "there is really nothing Biden could do about it" song?

Biden is President - the buck stops with him. You excuse his actions. I say he didn't do anywhere near enough. Next week the people decide.
You agree with the specifics of most of what I said while claiming you disagree with the conclusion.

Two things:

1. If you or anyone else ever comes up with something Biden “should have done” to end the global inflation, I’ll certainly listen. But without doing that, blaming the global inflation on him is just mindless carping.

2. The Biden era stimulus checks were chump change compared to the trillions Trump dumped into the economy on an immediate basis, and those checks went to those who need it, as opposed to the usual Trump/GOP largesse to the fatcats. There is no evidence that global inflation would have been headed off if only Biden and the Dems held back the modest relief to those who needed it most.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
They are raising interest rates to combat inflation.

It makes 401k's and in turn personal finances along with inflation go downies.

If you want to live with inflation then your personal finances will turn around.

I personally say let inflation take hold and it will force the indolent back into the work force.
I think it's a good plan. I hope you find work soon. The only thing I would add to it is a pullback on student loan debt relief

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You and your ilk keep feeding the crazies. You let them bitch and moan without challenging to present a solution to any of the world's ills.

Basically the Republicans pitch is: "Biden has sucked, vote for us"
If you weren't feeding the crazies their pitch should be, "here's how we can make the world a better place"
My recommendation that people better themselves through education, and striving to improve their state of employee is somehow feeding the crazies? Not quite sure what you mean by ilk. If by ill you mean the group of individuals that contribute significantly to this Society by way of their tax payments, then yes I guess maybe ilk is correct. If you meant something else I can only surmise that I'm on the right track as it has you spewing dumb shit as per usual, rather than engaging in a conversation.

But the crazies pitch is not hey everybody let's get together and make the world a better place, the crazies are pointing at Trump and the other crazies are pointing at other crazy shit. Both of them are burning this country to the ground.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
After all, what do “maga types” have to do with Trump?

BTW, do you wish to deny that you have expressly blamed the emergence of Trump on those who oppose him?

;-)
I deny that. I've expressly blamed the emergence of trump on everyone that is contributed to the deterioration of our politic. Not solely those who oppose him. Good luck

RickWA

Snagglesooth
As you know, that is NOT what Obama said. What he DID say is that democracy will die if the GOP election deniers are elected. Which is obvious to all who are not Trump cultists. Ergo, it is not obvious to you. So, you just lie about what he said, as Trump cultists are always wont to do.
It is EXACTLY what Obama said. You're just lying again because you're a hack propagandist.

PNWest

You agree with the specifics of most of what I said while claiming you disagree with the conclusion.

Two things:

1. If you or anyone else ever comes up with something Biden “should have done” to end the global inflation, I’ll certainly listen. But without doing that, blaming the global inflation on him is just mindless carping.

2. The Biden era stimulus checks were chump change compared to the trillions Trump dumped into the economy on an immediate basis, and those checks went to those who need it, as opposed to the usual Trump/GOP largesse to the fatcats. There is no evidence that global inflation would have been headed off if only Biden and the Dems held back the modest relief to those who needed it most.

#2 first - don't pull the old "but..... but..... but..... Trump did something worse" crap. The stimulus wasn't needed and common sense says that dumping $1.4Trillion into an already overheating economy would stoke inflation. Trumps actions have ZERO to do with Biden's stimulus package.

Now #1 - I've pointed out many times what Biden should have done.

a) No stimulus package - it wasn't needed and caused more inflation.

b) No student loan forgiveness program - again a very stupid idea at the absolute wrong time. Yes that didn't go through till this year but people spend money that the anticipate getting. More inflation.

c) Lying about inflation being transitory last year. Biden had access to far more data than the rest of us and SHOULD have seen the inflation heading down the pike. He and his surrogates preached that we didn't need to worry about it because it was going to magically disappear soon (reminds me of Trump' comments on COVID).

d) Re-nominating Jerome Powell. Even you admit that Powell was bullied into keeping low rates by Trump. Why would Biden re-nominate someone like that. Answer - because he wanted to bully him into doing exactly the same thing. This is exactly what happened until inflation really took off and couldn't be ignored.

e) Ineffective handling of the various supply chain issues. Biden did far too little to ease the supply chain issues. In fact he seemed satisfied to let them work themselves out for the most part. And when the baby formula shortages hit the headlines Biden made a fool of himself when pressed by reporters about waiting until spring to respond, despite the fact that formula manufacturers knew right away that there would be problems, Biden responded, “They did, but I didn’t.“ Why not Joe? You had set up a team to look into the problem - so why didn't you know about it?

f) The Saudis and the Russians. It should come as no surprise to anyone that both the Russians and Saudis are not our friends. They hate America which is why they support republicans. That being the case why didn't Joe Biden expect them to do everything they could to make energy prices rise in the US to make him and the Democrats look like ineffective leaders? Increasing domestic energy production and keeping more of the energy produced here in the US would have helped counter the Saudis and the Russians.

In general you can say that it wasn't actually Joe Biden that dropped the ball. It was the people delegated to. That's fair. But Joe Biden hasn't held any of them accountable. And that's on him. He's the one who chose these people. If they failed to do the job they should be replaced. Biden doesn't do that. He leaves them in place to screw up some more.

Biden has been a reactive President not a proactive one. All of these problems are worse than they needed to be because Biden did not act decisively until far too late.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I deny that. I've expressly blamed the emergence of trump on everyone that is contributed to the deterioration of our politic. Not solely those who oppose him. Good luck
So he is everybody’s fault?

Hmm…I just may go trolling through the archives.

;-)

My recommendation that people better themselves through education, and striving to improve their state of employee is somehow feeding the crazies? Not quite sure what you mean by ilk. If by ill you mean the group of individuals that contribute significantly to this Society by way of their tax payments, then yes I guess maybe ilk is correct. If you meant something else I can only surmise that I'm on the right track as it has you spewing dumb shit as per usual, rather than engaging in a conversation.

But the crazies pitch is not hey everybody let's get together and make the world a better place, the crazies are pointing at Trump and the other crazies are pointing at other crazy shit. Both of them are burning this country to the ground.
Your ilk is the type that trolls for finger pointing, needless blame, and division.
I agree placing blame and pointing fingers does not fix anything. But that is what you troll for with you top posts.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Your ilk is the type that trolls for finger pointing, needless blame, and division.
I agree placing blame and pointing fingers does not fix anything. But that is what you troll for with you top posts.
As if. Mine is the type that throws that shit back in the faces of the trolls the suffers their apoplexy and ilk posts ...

I elicit your wheedling ire with those top posts that are designed for that purpose.. works every time.

Meanwhile, your responses non contributory as they are.. illustrate to perfection why things are circling the shitter...

Moo...squawk...gimme free loan money...squawk....

As if. Mine is the type that throws that shit back in the faces of the trolls the suffers their apoplexy and ilk posts ...

I elicit your wheedling ire with those top posts that are designed for that purpose.. works every time.

Meanwhile, your responses non contributory as they are.. illustrate to perfection why things are circling the shitter...

Moo...squawk...gimme free loan money...squawk....
You want less crazy, then stop asking for crazy.
Try starting a top post to elicit middle-of-the-road technocratic responses.
You won't do that because those are really boring threads that don't get engagement you want.
You want the hottest takes. You want the crazy. It makes you feel good about yourself, when you an insane response. You are in a symbiotic relation with the crazies. You need them to make you feel smart and sane.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You want less crazy, then stop asking for crazy.
Try starting a top post to elicit middle-of-the-road technocratic responses.
You won't do that because those are really boring threads that don't get engagement you want.
You want the hottest takes. You want the crazy. It makes you feel good about yourself, when you an insane response. You are in a symbiotic relation with the crazies. You need them to make you feel smart and sane.
Nah. Mostly no one cares to engage...some are just too dumb ...

I do love pointing out the lazy and crazy ...then watching them get all worked up

Can I get a 'jet ski' or maybe some smarm on some topic or other?

EatTheRich

President
The good news is that Obama came out of retirement to travel to Phoenix and announce that "Democracy may not survive" if Democrats are not elected up and down the ballot. I think it's great that Obama...and Hillary...and Joe "Ultra-MAGA/Semi-Fascists" Biden - ALL of the Democratic Party standard-bearers - are so committed to UNITING us rather than driving the divide ever deeper.

Yep. We're politically in a very fine place right now...in addition to all the policy failures that are now coming to fruition.
Mainstream Republicans made clear their plans to institute a dictatorship with the elevation of Trump and their support for the 1/6 coup attempt.

EatTheRich

President
It was unneccesary. Just end the war and drill, baby, drill...
The U.S. has no ability to end Putin’s war. Nor can the oil companies be compelled to drill, unless of course you are suggesting nationalizing their property and drilling under state control. There is also the burgeoning climate crisis which is a major cause of the present economic crisis and will cause future crises that make this one look like nothing.

EatTheRich

President
#2 first - don't pull the old "but..... but..... but..... Trump did something worse" crap. The stimulus wasn't needed and common sense says that dumping $1.4Trillion into an already overheating economy would stoke inflation. Trumps actions have ZERO to do with Biden's stimulus package.

Now #1 - I've pointed out many times what Biden should have done.

a) No stimulus package - it wasn't needed and caused more inflation.

b) No student loan forgiveness program - again a very stupid idea at the absolute wrong time. Yes that didn't go through till this year but people spend money that the anticipate getting. More inflation.

c) Lying about inflation being transitory last year. Biden had access to far more data than the rest of us and SHOULD have seen the inflation heading down the pike. He and his surrogates preached that we didn't need to worry about it because it was going to magically disappear soon (reminds me of Trump' comments on COVID).

d) Re-nominating Jerome Powell. Even you admit that Powell was bullied into keeping low rates by Trump. Why would Biden re-nominate someone like that. Answer - because he wanted to bully him into doing exactly the same thing. This is exactly what happened until inflation really took off and couldn't be ignored.

e) Ineffective handling of the various supply chain issues. Biden did far too little to ease the supply chain issues. In fact he seemed satisfied to let them work themselves out for the most part. And when the baby formula shortages hit the headlines Biden made a fool of himself when pressed by reporters about waiting until spring to respond, despite the fact that formula manufacturers knew right away that there would be problems, Biden responded, “They did, but I didn’t.“ Why not Joe? You had set up a team to look into the problem - so why didn't you know about it?

f) The Saudis and the Russians. It should come as no surprise to anyone that both the Russians and Saudis are not our friends. They hate America which is why they support republicans. That being the case why didn't Joe Biden expect them to do everything they could to make energy prices rise in the US to make him and the Democrats look like ineffective leaders? Increasing domestic energy production and keeping more of the energy produced here in the US would have helped counter the Saudis and the Russians.

In general you can say that it wasn't actually Joe Biden that dropped the ball. It was the people delegated to. That's fair. But Joe Biden hasn't held any of them accountable. And that's on him. He's the one who chose these people. If they failed to do the job they should be replaced. Biden doesn't do that. He leaves them in place to screw up some more.

Biden has been a reactive President not a proactive one. All of these problems are worse than they needed to be because Biden did not act decisively until far too late.
No stimulus=hundreds of thousands dead and a much more acute labor shortage driving sharp inflation.

PNWest

No stimulus=hundreds of thousands dead and a much more acute labor shortage driving sharp inflation.
No - that doesn't even make sense. No one was saved by the stimulus spending - the vaccines saved them.

In fact had there been no stimulus package there would have been a lot of people that would have taken jobs at lower wages which would have helped to keep inflation lower.